00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Dark Characters in Kids' Media

600 Views | 19 Replies

Dark Characters in Kids' Media 2016-07-20 18:00:07

Even though this thread has a 90% chance of being derailed, I would like at least 1-2 of you to try and contribute to this list.

Mandy (The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy) - I never thought too hard about as a kid, but Mandy is a manipulative, cruel sociopath.

Kreacher (Harry Potter) - Not much to be said here. This dude is crusty and bitter, only made benign by his jaded apathy.

Zim (Invader Zim) - Although this show plays him for laughs, his capacity for cruelty is undeniable. In Big, Bad Rubbery Piggy it's shown just how much Zim enjoys torturing Dib.

Mad Dog (Courage the Cowardly Dog) - Mad Dog domestic abuser from the episode The Mask. Sure, he's violent and dangerous, but his good cop/bad cop behavior is thoroughly chilling.

Him (Powerpuff Girls) - Though the show's target audience is too young for his character to become too satanic, the building blocks are there.

I want to add Ren from Ren and Stimpy and The Brain from Pinky and the Brain, but I haven't seen enough of either show to know if they qualify completely.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Response to Dark Characters in Kids' Media 2016-07-20 18:07:09

The original maleficent.

Response to Dark Characters in Kids' Media 2016-07-20 18:08:24

I remember Dr. Robotnik, from the second Sonic The Hedgehog cartoon ("He's the fastest thing alive!"), being a pretty dark and serious character.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

At 7/20/16 06:08 PM, Painbringer wrote: I remember Dr. Robotnik, from the second Sonic The Hedgehog cartoon ("He's the fastest thing alive!"), being a pretty dark and serious character.

That fucking voice.

"Ya'll can kiss my ass" - James Allen "Red Dog"

Sig by illicit.

Are you bored and have nothing to do? Then click this!

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Characters in Kids' Media 2016-07-20 20:06:08

Plankton.

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Characters in Kids' Media 2016-07-21 02:32:12

Megabyte from Reboot, guy is ridiculously evil even though he can be a chill bro at times.

Master of questionable life choices

Response to Dark Characters in Kids' Media 2016-07-21 03:16:29

At 7/20/16 06:51 PM, skippuh wrote: The Lich from Adventure Time: One of the few intimidating and scary characters from the show. His character completely contrasts the other silly and lighthearted characters. When Pen Ward first pitched the show to CN, he specifically states THE LICH KING IS NOT FUNNY. Too bad the writers eventually turned him into a literal giant baby!

And thus ruining pretty much the last interesting character in the show. Finn was interesting for a bit afterward, but that dropped after he got his arm back.

I'll name two villains: Bill Cipher (Gravity Falls) and Discord (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic). Bill tries to bring about the apocalypse by bringing his dimension into ours, enslaving/destroying humanity in the process, while Discord completely screws around with the laws of physics during his reign, seeing fit to mentally break his victims so they can't fight back.

I scream! You scream! We all scream for ice cream!

Response to Dark Characters in Kids' Media 2016-07-21 06:52:57

Carnage from Spiderman (He's literally a serial killer)

That's all I can think of.

"It's called consolidation; strengthen governments and corporations, weaken individuals."

I also draw stuff. Here's some of it.

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Characters in Kids' Media 2016-07-21 08:00:10

Frieza

Response to Dark Characters in Kids' Media 2016-07-21 08:00:17

At 7/20/16 06:08 PM, Painbringer wrote: I remember Dr. Robotnik, from the second Sonic The Hedgehog cartoon ("He's the fastest thing alive!"), being a pretty dark and serious character.

PINGAS

Response to Dark Characters in Kids' Media 2016-07-21 11:33:46

The Fox and the Cat from Pinocchio. The duo repeatedly cheat, rob, torture and try to kill the wooden boy.

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Characters in Kids' Media 2016-07-21 17:23:53

Hisoka from Hunter x Hunter anyone? A clown who obsesses over 2 boys and has a penchant for violence and depravity, can't really get too much darker than that. Also keep in mind that he's in Shonen Jump, which is primarily for kids and teens in Japan.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Characters in Kids' Media 2016-07-21 17:28:43

E.T. Was pretty fucking scary.

Response to Dark Characters in Kids' Media 2016-07-21 22:46:04

The proud family

winner of the first annual NG Hunger games

life is just a trek, a quest to obtain knowledge, power, perhaps domination. maybe someone will win the race someday

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Characters in Kids' Media 2016-07-21 23:03:35

The Harlem Globetrotters when they appeared in Scooby Doo.

Dark Characters in Kids' Media

Ecchi first, ask questions never.

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Characters in Kids' Media 2016-07-22 01:32:04

Majora's mask was rated E for everyone and Skull Kid was not a character for children.

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Characters in Kids' Media 2016-07-22 23:56:03

Monster, from 2003 TMNT. one-off episode villain, but he has all the essence of Wolverine without the conviction to be something more than his tragedy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOtEYkn-tJg

Hairo.

Discord:

Haizakokaru#0449

Response to Dark Characters in Kids' Media 2016-07-23 16:24:39

At 7/20/16 06:24 PM, poopmcfarts wrote:
That fucking voice.

Jim Cummings?

Response to Dark Characters in Kids' Media 2016-07-23 16:25:32

At 7/21/16 08:00 AM, VenomationsTV wrote:
PINGAS

that was aosth that was the comedy sonic show long john baldry was the voice of robotnik and not jim cummings

Response to Dark Characters in Kids' Media 2016-07-23 16:26:28

At 7/23/16 04:25 PM, chlfan wrote:
At 7/21/16 08:00 AM, VenomationsTV wrote:
At 7/20/16 06:08 PM, Painbringer wrote:

how about joker?