00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Shooting in Dallas

3,072 Views | 23 Replies

Is this considered a terrorist attack yet? Police officers seemed to be the main targets, and I have no doubt that this is political.

http://wtkr.com/2016/07/07/two-police-officers-shot-in-dallas-protest/

EDIT: I just heard on the live broadcast that 10 officers were shot. Damn.

BBS Signature

Response to Shooting in Dallas 2016-07-08 00:04:17

It's difficult to really call this terrorism. It definitely could be, however, as it took place (nominally) as part of a larger protest, I have a hard time calling it political and not associating it more with a riot type of violence. Then again, facts are very minimal right now.

Response to Shooting in Dallas 2016-07-08 00:09:54

Yeah. Cause this is going to calm things down isn't' it.

Common sense isn't so common anymore

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Fanfiction Page

Response to Shooting in Dallas 2016-07-08 01:15:07 (edited 2016-07-08 01:17:53)

At 7/8/16 12:04 AM, Camarohusky wrote: It's difficult to really call this terrorism. It definitely could be, however, as it took place (nominally) as part of a larger protest, I have a hard time calling it political and not associating it more with a riot type of violence. Then again, facts are very minimal right now.

Well, the protest itself was political, it was about police violence.

I have a hard time believing that this was 'riot type violence'. 'Riot type violence' is throwing punches at police, arson, destroying city property, and possibly 2nd degree murder. These guys had snipers and shot 12 people. It wasn't just a heat of the moment kind of thing that one would associate without 'riot type violence'.

A decent amount a planning went into this, and the perpetrators definitely wanted a political reaction.

The definition of terrorism is "the use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims" according to the oxford dictionary.

BBS Signature

Response to Shooting in Dallas 2016-07-08 07:07:22

if an act is designed to instill terror, it's terrorism.

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to Shooting in Dallas 2016-07-08 08:52:55

At 7/7/16 11:19 PM, coaliscool42 wrote: Is this considered a terrorist attack yet? Police officers seemed to be the main targets, and I have no doubt that this is political.

http://wtkr.com/2016/07/07/two-police-officers-shot-in-dallas-protest/

EDIT: I just heard on the live broadcast that 10 officers were shot. Damn.

Yes. BLM is now a qualified terrorist organization.

That's right I like guns and ponies. NO NEW GUN CONTROL.

Politically correct is anything that leftists believe.Politically incorrect is anything common sense.

BBS Signature

Response to Shooting in Dallas 2016-07-08 14:05:06

One Gunmen Dallas gunman ID'd as Micah Johnson.

DALLAS — The sniper who fatally shot five Dallas cops and wounded seven more in the deadliest attack on a police force since 9/11 is an Army veteran who told officers he wanted to “kill white people.”

Micah X. Johnson, a 25-year-old who served six years in the Army Reserve, died early Friday when police deployed a robot to blow up an explosive device in the parking garage where the gunman was holed up.

Fuck he was a vet explains how it was so well planned. they had it all planned out they just needed a venue from what the reports say.

Response to Shooting in Dallas 2016-07-08 15:23:23

At 7/8/16 02:05 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: they had it all planned out they just needed a venue from what the reports say.

He*

BBS Signature

Response to Shooting in Dallas 2016-07-08 16:09:10 (edited 2016-07-08 16:10:06)

At 7/8/16 03:23 PM, Feoric wrote:
At 7/8/16 02:05 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: they had it all planned out they just needed a venue from what the reports say.
He*

ahh sorry i've been out and about for the last 8 hours so when I last heard about it they were still on the two-shooter theory and trying to confirm it and I posted this from my phone. so its even more impressive a single guy did it.

Response to Shooting in Dallas 2016-07-08 16:36:37

At 7/8/16 02:05 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: One Gunmen Dallas gunman ID'd as Micah Johnson.
Micah X. Johnson, a 25-year-old who served six years in the Army Reserve, died early Friday when police deployed a robot to blow up an explosive device in the parking garage where the gunman was holed up.

i have mixed feelings about this

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to Shooting in Dallas 2016-07-08 16:57:50

Death by exploding robot is one hell of a way to go.

BBS Signature

Response to Shooting in Dallas 2016-07-08 18:58:01

At 7/8/16 08:52 AM, wildfire4461 wrote: Yes. BLM is now a qualified terrorist organization.

A lone shooter, not confirmed as part of the movement (and even if he is, lone guy in a movement of....I'm not honestly sure how many) does not make for a terrorist organization. It's irresponsible knee jerk reactions like this, that have helped get us to this point. Nobody can just be a lone crazy anymore.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to Shooting in Dallas 2016-07-08 19:36:13

Lone crazy, no ties to any group. This was the work of a lone, disturbed individual.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to Shooting in Dallas 2016-07-08 20:49:20

At 7/8/16 04:57 PM, Feoric wrote: Death by exploding robot is one hell of a way to go.

sure, i'm just not so ok with police outright killing someone. their job is to enforce laws, apprehend and detain, not end life. just a little conflicted about it, cuz it's not like dude was good and more people may have died. but that's the job of a cop, to put your life on the line in the name of law and order.

Response to Shooting in Dallas 2016-07-08 23:05:29

At 7/8/16 08:49 PM, billybobthwarten wrote: sure, i'm just not so ok with police outright killing someone.

Negotiations broke down and he started shooting at the police again. There wasn't any other way this could have ended differently without putting more officers at risk.

BBS Signature

Response to Shooting in Dallas 2016-07-09 09:29:47

At 7/8/16 06:58 PM, aviewaskewed wrote:
A lone shooter, not confirmed as part of the movement (and even if he is, lone guy in a movement of....I'm not honestly sure how many) does not make for a terrorist organization. It's irresponsible knee jerk reactions like this, that have helped get us to this point. Nobody can just be a lone crazy anymore.

Well when you consider shit like this they have said in the past, and the number of BLM people on Twitter supporting the shooting. Blocking off interstates and disrupting peoples lives including those who had nothing to do with the police, and even beating the shit out of them, and few condemn the actions, then yes they're a terrorist group.

That's right I like guns and ponies. NO NEW GUN CONTROL.

Politically correct is anything that leftists believe.Politically incorrect is anything common sense.

BBS Signature

Response to Shooting in Dallas 2016-07-09 11:07:07

imo, they should up armor, hit him with gas, nail the shit out him with less than lethal and arrest. if his target had been civilians, i'd be more ok with ending the man's life. and it's not that i really have anything against police, i wave at them all the time.

Response to Shooting in Dallas 2016-07-09 12:02:24

At 7/9/16 09:29 AM, wildfire4461 wrote: Blocking off interstates and disrupting peoples lives including those who had nothing to do with the police, and even beating the shit out of them, and few condemn the actions, then yes they're a terrorist group.

You're a terrorist, because your posts are weapons grade retarded.

BBS Signature

Response to Shooting in Dallas 2016-07-09 15:49:47

He wanted to "exterminate whites," especially white officers.

But it's totally not a hate crime because only whites can be racist.

Response to Shooting in Dallas 2016-07-09 17:10:52

At 7/9/16 09:29 AM, wildfire4461 wrote: Well when you consider shit like this they have said in the past, and the number of BLM people on Twitter supporting the shooting. Blocking off interstates and disrupting peoples lives including those who had nothing to do with the police, and even beating the shit out of them, and few condemn the actions, then yes they're a terrorist group.

None of that was what you offered at first, you're shifting the goal posts. Also you're cherry picking examples. A movement like BLM is not by it's nature an organized group per se, it's a bunch of people with an issue that binds them (like Occupy Wall Street). So again, unless you can show me there's a real organizational structure in place, and that structure is encouraging, planning, and executing things like this horror in Dallas, then I stand behind my statements that you are an agitator and part of the problem that gets us into these situations.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to Shooting in Dallas 2016-07-09 17:12:34

At 7/9/16 01:14 PM, TylerFromTexas wrote:
At 7/9/16 11:07 AM, billybobthwarten wrote: imo, they should up armor, hit him with gas, nail the shit out him with less than lethal and arrest. if his target had been civilians, i'd be more ok with ending the man's life. and it's not that i really have anything against police, i wave at them all the time.
This is one of the nastiest double standards I've ever read, so basically cops aren't civilians?

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/civilian

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/civilian

http://www.macmillandictionary.com/us/dictionary/american/civilian_1

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/civilian

they're not.

Response to Shooting in Dallas 2016-07-09 17:14:48 (edited 2016-07-09 17:15:48)

At 7/9/16 03:49 PM, RydiaLockheart wrote: But it's totally not a hate crime because only whites can be racist.

I hate posts like this. White people trying to say that racism against them has the same outcomes and has destroyed their culture the way racism against blacks has....this is also a part of the problem. Also for this to be a "hate crime" (which you know, clearly would meet the standards) doesn't the suspect have to be ALIVE so he can be charged with it? At this point it's just "here's what happened, here's why, fucker is dead, saved the cost of a trial". He died, there's nothing more to be done legally, and the "hate crime" laws apply to criminal cases where you have a defendant as I understand them. Maybe Cam or Feoric will correct me if I'm wrong there.

Edit: I'm also white. Just in case somebody was going to try to throw some racist shit up assuming I was a black man defending other black men, I'm not. I'm white, I can spell IQ, and I've bothered to do some reading on history. That's why I feel this way.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to Shooting in Dallas 2016-07-09 17:40:20

At 7/9/16 05:29 PM, TylerFromTexas wrote:
Point taken. I was lead to believe that civilian is those not in the military only.

But here's something that is true though, civilians are people, cops are people. When people get killed, no matter if they're a civilian or not, the police or whoever needs to do whatever they can to stop said person. Armoring up alone does not make the police 100% immortal to bullets (as there exist armor piercing bullets), so why potentially risk more casulties when you can immediately minimize it by taking down the suspect? The suspect made it clear that he did not want to negotiate and fired at police the second time around.

i can get what you're saying, i'm slightly torn by this situation. the man intended to kill, and kill based on job and race, he was trash. i'm just not a big fan of police ending a life, even with theirs on the line.

Response to Shooting in Dallas 2016-07-16 04:43:37

At 7/8/16 12:09 AM, LordJaric wrote: Yeah. Cause this is going to calm things down isn't' it.

It's more about anger and retribution than attaining a state of tranquility.

Change is inevitable, all you can do is make sure it happens in your favor.

Cheap Voice acting/Narrator voiceovers!