00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

About Making Funny Mario Animations

375 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Are we allowed to make our own funny Super Mario animations and upload them to Newgrounds?

Response to About Making Funny Mario Animations 2016-07-04 21:07:25

Of course you're allowed to do that, as long as it's your own.

It is a little risky though, Nintendo deleted a lot of Mario stuff a while back due to copyright.

"Ya'll can kiss my ass" - James Allen "Red Dog"

Sig by illicit.

Are you bored and have nothing to do? Then click this!

BBS Signature

Response to About Making Funny Mario Animations 2016-07-04 21:43:23

At 7/4/16 09:07 PM, poopmcfarts wrote: Of course you're allowed to do that, as long as it's your own.

It is a little risky though, Nintendo deleted a lot of Mario stuff a while back due to copyright.

Awesome!!! I have been thinking about learning how to do animation with Adobe Animate CC one day. I would like to make my own funny Super Mario animations with Adobe Animate. Hopefully Nintendo will not have any more problems with Super Mario animations.

At 7/4/16 09:43 PM, Matt9876 wrote: Awesome!!! I have been thinking about learning how to do animation with Adobe Animate CC one day. I would like to make my own funny Super Mario animations with Adobe Animate. Hopefully Nintendo will not have any more problems with Super Mario animations.

If you're using official Nintendo sprites there's always be a risk of them trying to take it down. Those who use custom graphics stand a better chance, since it's harder to enforce copyright on a character 'idea' than a specific graphical resource. Not saying this to stop you from making some great animations, but just so you know they probably won't be stopping anytime soon. though a lot does pass by unnoticed. Good luck. :)

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature