00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Worst Indie Game?

695 Views | 14 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Worst Indie Game? 2016-06-25 19:02:38

Indie games can be creative and fun, but sometimes they are awful. Which Indie game do you feel is the worst and why?

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Worst Indie Game? 2016-06-25 22:30:30

Don't really know if this counts as one, but Mighty No. 9, mostly because of how little effort was put into a game that had four million dollars attached to it and was made by someone who had extensive knowledge of making quality games.

"Ya'll can kiss my ass" - James Allen "Red Dog"

Sig by illicit.

Are you bored and have nothing to do? Then click this!

BBS Signature

Response to Worst Indie Game? 2016-06-26 12:20:07

At 6/25/16 10:30 PM, poopmcfarts wrote: Don't really know if this counts as one, but Mighty No. 9, mostly because of how little effort was put into a game that had four million dollars attached to it and was made by someone who had extensive knowledge of making quality games.

Might No. 9 has received some hate, but have you actually played it?

BBS Signature

Response to Worst Indie Game? 2016-06-26 12:56:09

At 6/26/16 12:20 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Might No. 9 has received some hate, but have you actually played it?

I've played parts, and I wasn't impressed.

Sig by illicit.

BBS Signature

Response to Worst Indie Game? 2016-06-26 13:09:44

At 6/26/16 12:56 PM, poopmcfarts wrote:
At 6/26/16 12:20 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Might No. 9 has received some hate, but have you actually played it?

It reminds me of Shovel Knight, an indie game that went main stream.

BBS Signature

Response to Worst Indie Game? 2016-06-26 13:22:05

At 6/26/16 01:09 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 6/26/16 12:56 PM, poopmcfarts wrote:

Except Shovel Knight is actually good.

Sig by illicit.

BBS Signature

Response to Worst Indie Game? 2016-06-26 13:27:54

At 6/26/16 01:22 PM, poopmcfarts wrote:

Yes, Shovel Knight is good, but it has become main stream for an idie game. Just like Might No. 9. Some people would say, " Sold out. "

BBS Signature

Response to Worst Indie Game? 2016-06-26 13:32:12

At 6/26/16 01:27 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 6/26/16 01:22 PM, poopmcfarts wrote:
Yes, Shovel Knight is good, but it has become main stream for an idie game. Just like Might No. 9. Some people would say, " Sold out. "

I don't think Shovel Knight "sold out" it just got really popular, they're not selling much merchandise for Shovel Knight other than the Amiibo (I could be wrong on that though). Mighty No. 9 sold out because they're already trying to make a TV series and a fucking movie off of it.

Sig by illicit.

BBS Signature

Response to Worst Indie Game? 2016-06-26 13:38:46

Worst one I've played has to be Binding of Isaac. I couldn't even play it for half an hour.

Response to Worst Indie Game? 2016-06-26 14:05:22 (edited 2016-06-26 14:07:06)

At 6/26/16 01:32 PM, poopmcfarts wrote: I don't think Shovel Knight "sold out" it just got really popular, they're not selling much merchandise for Shovel Knight other than the Amiibo (I could be wrong on that though). Mighty No. 9 sold out because they're already trying to make a TV series and a fucking movie off of it.

Mighty No. 9 is the the perfect example of an indie game selling out.

At 6/26/16 01:38 PM, Valjylmyr wrote: Worst one I've played has to be Binding of Isaac. I couldn't even play it for half an hour.

What was wrong with it? Can you give us some details?

BBS Signature

Response to Worst Indie Game? 2016-06-27 14:02:26

http://www.somethingawful.com/most-awful/nine-worst-games/1/

Here is a list of some of the worst Indie games.

BBS Signature

Response to Worst Indie Game? 2016-07-23 17:31:31

The first Shantae, but the rest were awesome

Response to Worst Indie Game? 2016-07-23 17:49:37

At 7/23/16 05:31 PM, VenomationsTV wrote: The first Shantae, but the rest were awesome

The original Shantae was not good at all. It counts as one of the worst Indie games.

BBS Signature

Response to Worst Indie Game? 2016-07-23 20:10:58

I don't think I consider Mighty no. 9 to be an indie game on a technical level because they are being published by Deep Silver. Not like it matters though considering it was a total mess from the start, it's no surprise that it ended up flopping. I haven't played the game though, so maybe it wouldn't be as bad as people says it is, but I'm going to hedge my bets on that.

There are a lot of bad indie games out there, whether it's through Steam, Xbox Live and so on, listing them would be pointless, and I don't want to give them any pub than I have to. If I have to name a few though, I will say that both Hatred and the Slaughtering Grounds are pretty shitty indie games. While Hatred had some good ideas like destructive physics, TSG is noting more than a total rip-off of zombie shooters that was so lazy, not even the most ardent indie fanboys would defend this game, which is really saying something.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Worst Indie Game? 2016-07-23 21:40:54

At 7/23/16 08:10 PM, orangebomb wrote: I don't think I consider Mighty no. 9 to be an indie game on a technical level because they are being published by Deep Silver. Not like it matters though considering it was a total mess from the start, it's no surprise that it ended up flopping. I haven't played the game though, so maybe it wouldn't be as bad as people says it is, but I'm going to hedge my bets on that.

That is true. It does not have the most Indie street cred.

There are a lot of bad indie games out there, whether it's through Steam, Xbox Live and so on, listing them would be pointless, and I don't want to give them any pub than I have to. While Hatred had some good ideas like destructive physics, TSG is noting more than a total rip-off of zombie shooters that was so lazy, not even the most ardent indie fanboys would defend this game.

There have been many generic zombie shooter. It is never easier trying to find the worst Indie game of all time.

BBS Signature