00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

OzoneOverdose just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

N G A U C Tryout Thread 2016

43,049 Views | 725 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to N G A U C Tryout Thread 2016 2016-07-16 11:18:46

At 7/16/16 06:44 AM, Demonic-Overmind wrote:
At 7/16/16 01:39 AM, TaintedLogic wrote: @P3YOSHI admits in his track's description that it is a collaboration.
Does this mean I'm disqualified too? I mean, yes my piece was a collaboration but the other person just did the melody and that track was published by me. I also have all the rights to the samples used..

Yes, I'm afraid so. If you enter the contest as a solo artist, no one else is allowed to make any sort of compositional contributions to your tracks. Thanks for your honesty. ;(

"Time's fun when you're having flies." ~Kermit the Frog

BBS Signature

Response to N G A U C Tryout Thread 2016 2016-07-16 11:30:33

At 7/16/16 04:36 AM, johnfn wrote: That's right,

Uhhhh....

BBS Signature

Response to N G A U C Tryout Thread 2016 2016-07-16 12:14:24

At 7/16/16 11:30 AM, TaintedLogic wrote:
Uhhhh....

29694 words??? are you writing an entire book, or ????

Response to N G A U C Tryout Thread 2016 2016-07-16 12:32:14

At 7/16/16 12:14 PM, infinitepowersource wrote:
Uhhhh....
29694 words??? are you writing an entire book, or ????

He's all the more really kind ! Here you can see a true Newgrounder, helping the weak to progress, creating and managing an awesome contest, being ultra-careful to everyone in order to help them...
TaintedLogic
Is
Azor Ahai
DUN DUN DUUUN =3

Wow !

Okay.

At 7/16/16 12:32 PM, MysteriousPresence wrote:
He's all the more really kind ! Here you can see a true Newgrounder, helping the weak to progress, creating and managing an awesome contest, being ultra-careful to everyone in order to help them...

Thanks man, but I have a confession to make. The odds that we’re going to get the results out on time are looking really slim. The judges’ scoresheet seems to have been corrupted by a 3rd party, who replaced all of the scores of @ZipZipper with the words “PROFESSIONAL CLEAN” for some reason. Also, @Lockyn appears to be writing his scores in Russian, and @SkyeWint simply wrote down the digits of pi. We have a lot of work to do, folks...

BBS Signature

At 7/16/16 12:40 PM, TaintedLogic wrote:
The judges’ scoresheet seems to have been corrupted by a 3rd party

Load of bullshit

i love you don't hurt me

BBS Signature

Response to N G A U C Tryout Thread 2016 2016-07-16 12:52:01

"TheTotallyLegitNGAUC2016ScoreSheet"

well

ok

Response to N G A U C Tryout Thread 2016 2016-07-16 12:54:19

Thanks man, but I have a confession to make. The odds that we’re going to get the results out on time are looking really slim. The judges’ scoresheet seems to have been corrupted by a 3rd party, who replaced all of the scores of @ZipZipper with the words “PROFESSIONAL CLEAN” for some reason. Also, @Lockyn appears to be writing his scores in Russian, and @SkyeWint simply wrote down the digits of pi. We have a lot of work to do, folks...

Owow have you been hacked ? 0o
But honestly, you're the one putting efforts into the contest, with the other judges ! I think you shouldn't worry about your deadlines because you're already doing so great things for us, the one that will complain about one or two days late is really a jerk ! :3
Also, are these Johnfn's reviews true ? We're all gonna die ! XD

Wow !

Okay.

Response to N G A U C Tryout Thread 2016 2016-07-16 13:21:06

Uh-oh, might be harder to get in due to judges being in an annoyed mood of having to judge them all again? Don't get me wrong, I love the judges they're really cool people but I hope this doesn't affect the scoring :/

Response to N G A U C Tryout Thread 2016 2016-07-16 13:46:23

geez, that scoresheet tho

Certainly hope this won't mean a date extension for the beginning of KO round :/

Response to N G A U C Tryout Thread 2016 2016-07-16 13:58:39

"Sometimes I have nightmares, where i am a pizza guy and I put the cake in a nudist colony every night, and then there's a guy there who asked if he could pay me in kisses."

What makes you think it was a dream ?

Response to N G A U C Tryout Thread 2016 2016-07-16 14:02:41

Uhhhh....

Hahah. All those times i 1-upped you last year, I suppose I deserve to get totally owned like this.

Come join music competitions on Chips Compo and hang on our Discord!

Good artists copy. Great artists get banned from the Audio Portal.

BBS Signature

Response to N G A U C Tryout Thread 2016 2016-07-16 14:04:12

"not 8-bit enough" haha, time to bitcrunch the fudge out of my track then i guess >:D

Just a random idiot

Response to N G A U C Tryout Thread 2016 2016-07-16 14:04:24

At 7/16/16 01:58 PM, OkamiChitarra wrote: "Sometimes I have nightmares, where i am a pizza guy and I put the cake in a nudist colony every night, and then there's a guy there who asked if he could pay me in kisses."

What makes you think it was a dream ?

Ooo...how revealing!

@Johnfn I'm sorry...when do you 1-up me last year?

BBS Signature

Response to N G A U C Tryout Thread 2016 2016-07-16 14:28:52

So… @ZipZipper has denied that the words “PROFESSIONAL CLEAN” refer to the contestants having a professional sound quality and clean mixing. However, we should probably figure out what this phrase means before this third party can further corrupt the scoresheet. It might have something to do with how those words are prominently featured on this bag of flossers.

BBS Signature

At 7/16/16 02:28 PM, TaintedLogic wrote: So… @ZipZipper has denied that the words “PROFESSIONAL CLEAN” refer to the contestants having a professional sound quality and clean mixing. However, we should probably figure out what this phrase means before this third party can further corrupt the scoresheet. It might have something to do with how those words are prominently featured on this bag of flossers.

40 count, 3 stores... mint? idk what else would help, aside from maybe G-U-M??

other words that i can read:

deep fresh clean
EXTRA STRONG FLOSS
Healthy gums, healthy life

I'm very confused.

Response to N G A U C Tryout Thread 2016 2016-07-16 14:40:00

I'm confused. Question: Do we start working on our pieces now, or wait until results?

i went to the official website, here's a copy paste of the info

SKU# 891E
★★★★★
★★★★★ 4.7 out of 5 stars. Read reviews.
(23) Write a review . This action will open a modal dialog.

GUM® Professional Clean Flossers are designed to make between-teeth cleaning simple, fast, and effective by holding the floss at the right tension with an easy-to-grip handle, allowing you to focus on the cleaning action between your teeth rather than managing the floss around your fingers. Flossing will remove dental plaque from areas between the teeth most commonly missed by toothbrushing alone. If dental plaque is not removed frequently, it can cause inflammation of the gums and may lead to gum disease. Mastering the flossing technique can be challenging—using Flossers simplifies between-teeth cleaning.

GUM® Professional Clean Flossers have easy-to-control and ergonomically shaped handles preloaded with GUM® Eez-Thru® dental floss. GUM® Eez-Thru® dental floss has a satin-like finish that is extremely soft and gentle and resists shredding, breaking and sagging. The floss easily slides into position under the gumline and then removes the dental plaque not removed by regular toothbrushing. Between-teeth cleaning is recommended by dentists and dental hygienists to remove the dental plaque that toothbrushes alone cannot reach–between the teeth.

GUM® Professional Clean Flossers have a mint flavor to leave your mouth feeling fresh and clean.

Clean between the teeth with GUM® Professional Clean Flossers at least once per day to remove dental plaque from areas not reached by toothbrushing alone and where tooth decay and gum disease often occur!

it costs $1.65

one thing i noticed about the reviews is none of them are posted on the actual product, mostly on the 90 ct. and 150 ct.

also there may be something related to the link, so

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=gum+flossers&view=detailv2&&id=9F40B39C7174A8BAC7954ADC35F53CD64BA53B72&selectedIndex=21&ccid=cUO8YMvH&simid=608008598127773385&thid=OIP.M7143bc60cbc7ef8b204be608a49694f9o0&ajaxhist=0

http://www.gumbrand.com/between-teeth-cleaning/flossers/gum-eez-thru-flossers-40-ct-mint-891rg.html

Response to N G A U C Tryout Thread 2016 2016-07-16 14:47:56

At 7/16/16 02:40 PM, Unity-Paradox wrote: I'm confused. Question: Do we start working on our pieces now, or wait until results?

Wait until the results are posted

Response to N G A U C Tryout Thread 2016 2016-07-16 14:52:37

What kind of document is that? Google doc?

If it wasn't the process already, I'd make sure the judges use external documents like Word (windows) or TextEdit (mac) to record the names and scores of all contestant entries. They can then email their results to you for compilation in a spreadsheet used to determine final scores. It's much safer this way and all of the scoring is done offline on private documents which can be saved and backed up so this kind of thing doesn't happen.

Just a thought, again if it wasn't already the process you used.

Feel free to follow me at: http://kyero2015.newgrounds.com/follow

Cinematic-style Orchestral Music

Response to N G A U C Tryout Thread 2016 2016-07-16 14:54:26

At 7/16/16 02:47 PM, infinitepowersource wrote:
At 7/16/16 02:40 PM, Unity-Paradox wrote: I'm confused. Question: Do we start working on our pieces now, or wait until results?

Yes! Please do. :)

Also, you may be on to something here with the G.U.M. website descriptions. I'm going to send in the NGAUC decodifier.

@Johnfn Do your stuff!

BBS Signature

Response to N G A U C Tryout Thread 2016 2016-07-16 15:02:34

Look, obviously I didn't JUST write down the digits of pi. I go through a very strict judging process where I analyze every single song in great detail to make sure that I give it an accurate...

Ah fuck it, pi is just too awesome and the quality conveniently fits in that general score.

also apologies in advance, I judge harshly. Feel free to message me for any feedback if you're curious about why I scored the way I did - I'm afraid writing 93 reviews was a bit much for me this year.

Stuff.

My AIM piece is found if you clicky the image.

BBS Signature

Response to N G A U C Tryout Thread 2016 2016-07-16 15:12:10

At 7/16/16 03:02 PM, SkyeWint wrote: Look, obviously I didn't JUST write down the digits of pi. I go through a very strict judging process where I analyze every single song in great detail to make sure that I give it an accurate...

Ah fuck it, pi is just too awesome and the quality conveniently fits in that general score.

but what about the person that scored .?

Response to N G A U C Tryout Thread 2016 2016-07-16 15:36:23

At 7/16/16 03:34 PM, MrSmash64 wrote:
At 7/16/16 02:54 PM, TaintedLogic wrote:
At 7/16/16 02:47 PM, infinitepowersource wrote:
I'm confused. Question: Do we start working on our pieces now, or wait until results?
Yes! Please do. :)
wait please wait or please start???

I believe we wait, so we know who are selected for the second round,

Response to N G A U C Tryout Thread 2016 2016-07-16 15:42:01

If the results are late, can the deadline for the next round be pushed back, too? With the current date, we have less than 2 weeks to make something worthwhile.

hey man, you uh you got something on your face right there, lemme just... ok, there we go, MUCH better, you are looking GOOD AS NEW

Response to N G A U C Tryout Thread 2016 2016-07-16 15:44:24

At 7/16/16 03:12 PM, infinitepowersource wrote:
At 7/16/16 03:02 PM, SkyeWint wrote: Ah fuck it, pi is just too awesome and the quality conveniently fits in that general score.

He clearly forgot to make a good piece ;)

Stuff.

My AIM piece is found if you clicky the image.

BBS Signature

Response to N G A U C Tryout Thread 2016 2016-07-16 15:45:47

@MrSmash64 @Leelius64
PLEASE WAIT

BBS Signature

Response to N G A U C Tryout Thread 2016 2016-07-16 15:46:25

At 7/16/16 03:44 PM, SkyeWint wrote:
At 7/16/16 03:12 PM, infinitepowersource wrote:
At 7/16/16 03:02 PM, SkyeWint wrote: Ah fuck it, pi is just too awesome and the quality conveniently fits in that general score.
He clearly forgot to make a good piece ;)

rest in pipperonis

Response to N G A U C Tryout Thread 2016 2016-07-16 15:56:31

Im laughing so hard
Poor tainted logic didnt deserve this

Suck my kick!

BBS Signature

Response to N G A U C Tryout Thread 2016 2016-07-16 16:09:48

9 more posts.......

evil laughing