00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Willyp213 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Using newgrounds on mobile

17,757 Views | 21 Replies

Using newgrounds on mobile 2016-06-17 09:32:23

I've never wanted to die as much as I do typing this right now on my phone. Are there any plans at all for an official app?
It would probably be a pretty good way to get new users too.

Response to Using newgrounds on mobile 2016-06-17 10:02:06

Just a few days ago I was talking with someone through the BBS and one post took me maybe an hour and a half-2 hours to write. It was also kinda long-ish and I had to edit some stuff like quotes but boy was it annoying. Sometimes before going out at night i'll take a pic and post it in the Post a Picture of Yourself thread, I access NG on my phone as soon as I step outside and in the time it takes me to select the thread, upload my pic, write something so it won't be a blankpost, i've already met-up with a mate.

If there's ever an app for NG, i'll be one of the first to get it.

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to Using newgrounds on mobile 2016-06-17 10:05:36

The big guys are working on it.

BBS Signature

Response to Using newgrounds on mobile 2016-06-17 10:22:26

It works fine for me

Response to Using newgrounds on mobile 2016-06-17 10:30:41

I wish there was.

Sent from my iPhone

BBS Signature

Response to Using newgrounds on mobile 2016-06-17 14:24:31

At 6/17/16 10:31 AM, Homicidee wrote: What type of phone do you have? There's nothing wrong with newgrounds mobile i'm using an lg g flex 2.

I have an LG G3 and while there's nothing particulary wrong, it would just be a lot easier to use if it was more optimized for mobile screens. It just takes a lot longer to do basic thing like switch forums or post a response.

Response to Using newgrounds on mobile 2016-06-17 14:32:09

At 6/17/16 02:24 PM, BrandonIsNear wrote:
At 6/17/16 10:31 AM, Homicidee wrote: What type of phone do you have? There's nothing wrong with newgrounds mobile i'm using an lg g flex 2.
I have an LG G3

G6 master race reporting in.

fuck yuo idiote

BBS Signature

Response to Using newgrounds on mobile 2016-06-17 16:27:31

I don't use my phone for internet often.

Response to Using newgrounds on mobile 2016-06-17 17:07:01

At 6/17/16 04:33 PM, Neoncrotch wrote:
Nope. They can hardly afford to keep this website running on pc

You know what. That's actually a good point.

Response to Using newgrounds on mobile 2016-06-17 23:26:25

I try avoiding going on here while on my phone.
Posting on the BBS can be a nightmare sometimes, unless I zoom in I run the risk of accidentally pressing a bunch of other things other than what I'm wanting to actually click on, I have to avoid trying to play any games on here and stick to just some videos, and it's pretty damn hard to navigate around the site while on a phone too. Only time I'm on here on my phone is if I want to quickly reply to a post on here, deposit exp, check to see if I have any notifications, or try to comment/respond to comments. All of which would be if being on my computer "wasn't an option" for whatever reason.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Using newgrounds on mobile 2016-06-18 01:27:08

The site is a nightmare to navigate on mobile, times that I'm desperate to deposit and am forced to use it are pretty unbearable.

BBS Signature

Response to Using newgrounds on mobile 2016-06-18 16:37:01

At 6/18/16 04:26 PM, BonemanCharles wrote: Anyone else the fucking asshole ads that tell you: YOU HAVE A VIRUS DOWLOAD THE FINX NOOWWW

I get ads like that a lot, but not on Newgrounds .

Response to Using newgrounds on mobile 2016-06-19 00:28:28

At 6/18/16 04:26 PM, BonemanCharles wrote: Anyone else the fucking asshole ads that tell you: YOU HAVE A VIRUS DOWLOAD THE FINX NOOWWW

I don't think I've ever gotten that any time I've been on here. Weird.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Using newgrounds on mobile 2016-06-19 08:28:50

There's a Lite version and it works really well but you can't login and vote on submissions and all that stuff so thats a shame. An official app would be most welcome, it's pretty impossible on my phone and tablet due to the heavy loading it demands.

No Fap November: 2014 - 2022

BBS Signature

Response to Using newgrounds on mobile 2016-06-19 12:39:31

At 6/17/16 09:32 AM, BrandonIsNear wrote: I've never wanted to die as much as I do typing this right now on my phone. Are there any plans at all for an official app?
It would probably be a pretty good way to get new users too.

it's not that bad bro

Response to Using newgrounds on mobile 2016-06-19 13:19:09

Theyre working on one now

Response to Using newgrounds on mobile 2016-06-19 18:16:48

Considering all the content on Newgrounds an app for the whole site would be extremely difficult. I think @TomFulp should work on at least giving an app for the BBS (which may also help increase traffic here) and maybe one for weekly top videos or something.

Response to Using newgrounds on mobile 2016-06-19 20:13:25

At 6/19/16 06:16 PM, vannila-guerilla wrote: Considering all the content on Newgrounds an app for the whole site would be extremely difficult. I think @TomFulp should work on at least giving an app for the BBS (which may also help increase traffic here) and maybe one for weekly top videos or something.

Newgrounds Forums app
Newgrounds Art/video portal app
Ability to log in and vote, get exp, post comments and whatnot.
$0.99 each and add some ads anyways and Newgrounds makes some decent cash.
I'd buy them.
I doubt a game app would be realistic so I left it out.

Response to Using newgrounds on mobile 2016-06-21 03:07:20

You think you have it hard?

Using newgrounds on mobile

Thanks for the sig Homi even if you're a Homicidee

BBS Signature

Response to Using newgrounds on mobile 2020-09-29 13:34:19

I feel like if there was a app it would be mainly doing stuff like submitting art,animations and talking on forums

I cant imagine someone trying to submit there new game on there android

and maybe mobile people won't be able to play games unless it is listed under touchscreen friendly since most games here are made for computers in mind

Preceding unsigned comment added by littleMAHER1

Response to Using newgrounds on mobile 2020-09-29 13:34:52

thats actually impressive

Preceding unsigned comment added by littleMAHER1

Response to Using newgrounds on mobile 2020-11-07 20:46:02

How on earth would I be able to post here from my iPad

;w;

— (^_^;)