00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Fkkkkkkkkk123 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Can't export to .swf?RSL preloading

932 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hi,
I just finished animating something in Adobe Flash cs6 and I used a lot of images and texts there. It's about one and half minute but took me like an entire day. Just after the completion of animation, when I went on to export it to .swf, it showed me some "Runtime Shared Library Preloading Warning". Here is what it said,

"Your content will not stream. Runtime shared library (RSL) preloading will require all of your content to download before the first frame will play.

To prevent this you can change the Runtime Shared Library Settings in the Advanced Actionscript 3.0 Settings dialogue which can be raised from the Publish Settings dialogue.

The Runtime Shared Libraries being preloaded are:

textLayout_2.0.0.232.swz for TLF Text".

I included an image here with the warning.

But the movie played in Flash. But it doesn't export to .swf. There is a .swf file in the folder but it doesn't play.

When I tried to convert the .swf file to video in Swivel, the ending frame in Swivel is stuck at 2 !! Although, I have over 6000 frames in the flash file. I can't change it. It doesn't work. So, I can't convert my hard working animation to video for reasons I don't know.

I went to Advanced Actionscript Settings as mentioned there in the warning but could not find what to change. I don't even know what to change. Do you guyz have any idea what can I do now.

Thanks.

Can't export to .swf?RSL preloading

Response to Can't export to .swf?RSL preloading 2016-06-12 08:32:43

@sherlock20, either remove all text from the movie, or select all text and break it down into raw shape (I can automate this process for you through the entire movie, if it's long), or change font, or set it to Classic text or otherwise NOT TLF in Properties, or set your ActionScript version to 2 (TLF may only work with ActionScript 3, so setting to ActionScript 2 will disable it). I recommend the latter option.

The instructions to tinker about in the Library settings in Publish settings I found here:
"Choose File > Publish Settings.
Click the Animate Tab.
Click the Settings button next to the Script menu.
Click the Library Path tab.
Select Merged Into Code from the Default Linkage menu."
You're supposed to, ultimately, embed the RSL into the SWF so that it doesn't need loading.

Response to Can't export to .swf?RSL preloading 2016-06-12 09:20:35

At 6/12/16 08:32 AM, kkots wrote: @sherlock20, either remove all text from the movie, or select all text and break it down into raw shape (I can automate this process for you through the entire movie, if it's long), or change font, or set it to Classic text or otherwise NOT TLF in Properties, or set your ActionScript version to 2 (TLF may only work with ActionScript 3, so setting to ActionScript 2 will disable it). I recommend the latter option.

The instructions to tinker about in the Library settings in Publish settings I found here:
"Choose File > Publish Settings.
Click the Animate Tab.
Click the Settings button next to the Script menu.
Click the Library Path tab.
Select Merged Into Code from the Default Linkage menu."
You're supposed to, ultimately, embed the RSL into the SWF so that it doesn't need loading.

Thanks @kkots,

Yeah, I made it. I inspected every text in my .fla file and at the ending part, I saw one goddamn text with TLF properties. I changed it to Static Text and it's okay now.

Thanks kkots for helping me
:)