00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

B0ss3 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Chrono Trigger, highest rated game

2,272 Views | 35 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Chrono Trigger, highest rated game 2016-06-21 18:24:18

Did you know that, the three bosses before Magus are all named after rock stars. Ozzie is named after Ozzy Osbourne, Slash is named after Guns n' Roses guitarist, and Flea is named after RHCP's bassist.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Chrono Trigger, highest rated game 2016-06-22 23:31:28

I got past the linear section of the game and gave up. To be honest I just found it to be really boring. The different eras you visit are cool but in practice it's more about the scenery than the plot and the only practical difference between it and Final Fantasy are the Combo Tech abilities.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Response to Chrono Trigger, highest rated game 2016-06-23 01:10:03

At 6/22/16 11:31 PM, Kwing wrote: I got past the linear section of the game and gave up. To be honest I just found it to be really boring. The different eras you visit are cool but in practice it's more about the scenery than the plot and the only practical difference between it and Final Fantasy are the Combo Tech abilities.

It is okay, if you do not like it. However, I enjoy the retro style of it.

BBS Signature

Response to Chrono Trigger, highest rated game 2016-06-23 02:27:11

At 6/23/16 02:23 AM, SolidPantsSnake wrote: I did not play trigger until the xbox 360 came out, I was very late to pick it up. Very addicting game like people are saying. It has aged pretty good compared to a lot of SNES titles.

There was a port to the xbox 360? It was the highest rated game for a reason.

BBS Signature

Response to Chrono Trigger, highest rated game 2016-06-23 02:36:31

At 6/23/16 02:31 AM, SolidPantsSnake wrote: No the 360 came out by the time I played it. Never got ported to a Microsoft platform as far as I know. I know Sony and Nintendo had it for their systems though.

Oh okay. I played the original SNES version.

The DS version had the most content as far as I know. But the lost santum was padded out like crazy, and it really sucked because of that. Evil chrono, marle, and lucca were fun, if you didn't get too op before you fought them.

The DS was the complete game plus more content? Will have to look into that. Thanks for the information.

BBS Signature

Response to Chrono Trigger, highest rated game 2016-06-23 12:10:52

At 6/23/16 09:40 AM, SolidPantsSnake wrote:
At 6/23/16 02:36 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
The DS was the complete game plus more content? Will have to look into that. Thanks for the information.
Yep ds version had the cut scenes added in the PS version, and think it had the graphics of that one too. It also had 3 bonus dungeons with superbosses evil chrono, marle, and lucca. They added even stronger weapons than the previous best, for every single character. They have stronger versions of some of the accessories too like frog's hero medal getting an upgrade. There was also a more powerful final boss added to try and tie trigger into cross.

Usually when I game is ported or remade I will skip it. Especially, If I have beaten the original. Adding a boss to tie it into Chrono Cross sounds like a interesting idea. I will have to dig out my old DS. Unless, they have a DS emualtor?

BBS Signature