00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Tallya just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Paul Ryan finally endorsed Trump

422 Views | 5 Replies

Paul Ryan finally endorsed Trump 2016-06-03 16:03:55

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/wp/2016/06/03/twitter-exploded-with-reaction-after-paul-ryan-endorsed-trump/

Paul Ryan is a nice guy, but just a little slow. He has finally decided to work with the GOP and endorse Trump. Will his long hold out hurt his future political career?

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Paul Ryan finally endorsed Trump 2016-06-03 18:06:31

At 6/3/16 04:03 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Paul Ryan is a nice guy, but just a little slow. He has finally decided to work with the GOP and endorse Trump.

The GOP may SEEM to be coalescing behind Trump, but that isn't entirely the case yet. There's still some big donors that are withholding funds and support, and Trump has said he won't self-finance the Presidential campaign. So if that's true (and I think it is when you look at how his primary was actually financed vs. what he claimed), then he's going to need to get those players convinced and behind him.

Will his long hold out hurt his future political career?

I think it depends. If Trump wins and can cement himself as the leader of the party? Sure. Trump has proven over and over he's a vindictive bastard who won't forgive a slight. If Trump doesn't win, then Ryan now has the plausible out of saying "well look, I wrestled with it, and in the end I decided that we needed a unified party, and any candidate was better then Hillary" which in the current climate of that Party, would save him I'd say. Especially since there still to me feels like there's some divide as to how to handle this election.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to Paul Ryan finally endorsed Trump 2016-06-06 21:08:48

At 6/3/16 06:06 PM, aviewaskewed wrote: The GOP may SEEM to be coalescing behind Trump, but that isn't entirely the case yet. There's still some big donors that are withholding funds and support, and Trump has said he won't self-finance the Presidential campaign. So if that's true (and I think it is when you look at how his primary was actually financed vs. what he claimed), then he's going to need to get those players convinced and behind him.

What do you think it will take for the big donors to fully support Trump?

I think it depends. If Trump wins and can cement himself as the leader of the party? Sure. Trump has proven over and over he's a vindictive bastard who won't forgive a slight. If Trump doesn't win, then Ryan now has the plausible out of saying "well look, I wrestled with it, and in the end I decided that we needed a unified party, and any candidate was better then Hillary" which in the current climate of that Party, would save him I'd say. Especially since there still to me feels like there's some divide as to how to handle this election.

I think that Paul Ryan could be a good Presidential candidate. He might wait another eight years, but he should be able to do a great job.

BBS Signature

Response to Paul Ryan finally endorsed Trump 2016-06-06 21:26:50

At 6/6/16 09:08 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: What do you think it will take for the big donors to fully support Trump?

I think he'd have to stop being himself. I really think there's a ceiling to how much anybody will honestly get behind him, especially with him behind by double digits in the polls again.

I think that Paul Ryan could be a good Presidential candidate. He might wait another eight years, but he should be able to do a great job.

I think he's a purely political creature and if the momentum that young people and others have shown towards turning on the political creatures and the old boys network of politics and such continues....I'd look for Paul Ryan to wind up being the golden boy that flames out just like Rubio did this cycle.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to Paul Ryan finally endorsed Trump 2016-06-06 22:13:36

At 6/6/16 09:26 PM, aviewaskewed wrote: I think he'd have to stop being himself. I really think there's a ceiling to how much anybody will honestly get behind him, especially with him behind by double digits in the polls again.

If certain parties do not support the GOP nominee, that could hurt them. They will be seen as disloyal.

I think he's a purely political creature and if the momentum that young people and others have shown towards turning on the political creatures and the old boys network of politics and such continues....I'd look for Paul Ryan to wind up being the golden boy that flames out just like Rubio did this cycle.

I disagree. Marco Rubio tried to take the low road against Trump and that really blew up in his face. Paul Ryan has the experience and knowledge to make it much further than Rubio.

BBS Signature

Response to Paul Ryan finally endorsed Trump 2016-06-06 22:25:40

At 6/6/16 10:13 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: If certain parties do not support the GOP nominee, that could hurt them. They will be seen as disloyal.

Dude....this is one of those things where I keep saying you need to read things beyond whatever sources that just support Donald Trump you're reading. There have been plans by Mitch McConell for one about how much or how little Congressional Republicans need to be seen supporting Trump so as not to hurt their own chances for re-election. The Dems are going to have similar problems I think with the Hillary/Bernie fallout.

I disagree. Marco Rubio tried to take the low road against Trump and that really blew up in his face. Paul Ryan has the experience and knowledge to make it much further than Rubio.

Rubio has been a bundle of mistakes since he came onto the national stage, one of the biggest was jumping into the Republican Clown Car and thinking it'd favor him. All it did was split the voter base up so badly that it guaranteed Trump would have no real challenge. Ryan is very polished....but if you look at his actual politics and ideas, he's just another "screw everybody who isn't a rich Christian Conservative" Republican. The sun I think is really setting on those.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature