00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LOCKdev just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

My Ultimate Dream Zelda Game

618 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

My Ultimate Dream Zelda Game 2016-05-30 14:32:43

Take "A Link to The Past", give it the graphics of "Twilight Princess", put it on the Wii U or the upcoming Nintendo NX, anyone agree??

My Ultimate Dream Zelda Game

Response to My Ultimate Dream Zelda Game 2016-05-30 17:29:54

At 5/30/16 04:36 PM, mysticvortex13 wrote: no.

no remakes, no reboots, no continuations on sorry excuses for current gen consoles. if you want a new zelda game, put it on gba or gamecube.

and make it an actually new game.

So much this. I'm tired of remakes, reboots, remasters, HD versions and the like. I want to experience new stuff. Yes, I loved OoT and MM when I was a kid. No, I don't want you to spend years creating a HD version of the exact same game when you could very well just make a sequel.

Nah. LttP is fine as it is, to change it so drastically would not only make it a different game, but since few series cling as desperately to the one formula as Zelda does you're literally going to just be remaking Ocarina of Time again, with negligible differences. Unless you just want the graphics updated, which is a fairly pointless endeavour with how great LttP is at making the most out of the SNES' graphics, and how bland and soulless the vast majority of graphical "upgrades" end up being. They always opt for the most rudimentary and short-term interpretation of "better" graphics while losing all sense of style that still makes the original look good.

If we're talking dream Zelda games I just want a modern abstract monolith that captures the sense of helplessness and wonder found in the original NES game. Dark Souls is a good alternative but I'd like to see Nintendo's interpretation, if anyone at the company still gave the vaguest cynical fuck about taking risks or being interesting.

Response to My Ultimate Dream Zelda Game 2016-05-30 18:23:51

I suppose you guys are right, time to move forward and hope for a whole new story