00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

novaruah just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NE-0-N's Art Stuff

39,799 Views | 442 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to NE-0-N's Art Stuff 2016-06-29 21:39:56 (edited 2016-06-29 21:41:42)

And through the second wave of em I tried to draw a couple from reference and got seriously tired or bored or something around the fourth one and took a nap. Now I'm back up drawing something else that has nothing to do with poses xD**

*hey look; third page hype

**Dedicated posing practice; of course everything I do has to do with poses

NE-0-N's Art Stuff

BBS Signature

Response to NE-0-N's Art Stuff 2016-06-29 22:38:06 (edited 2016-06-29 22:39:27)

Have a Kirby that I just finished linework for and realized that the freaking resolution was still 1080p

Now I have to redraw it to keep the sharp texture of the lines (it's actually hella fun for Kirby)

filename: Dragonblade Kirby

interpret that information as you will :P

NE-0-N's Art Stuff

BBS Signature

Response to NE-0-N's Art Stuff 2016-07-01 01:10:50

RYUGEKIKEN!

NE-0-N's Art Stuff

BBS Signature

Response to NE-0-N's Art Stuff 2016-07-01 18:02:10 (edited 2016-07-01 18:02:48)

Kirby-Overwatch crossover complete! Really enjoyed this one; Kirby's so fun to draw!

NE-0-N's Art Stuff

BBS Signature

Response to NE-0-N's Art Stuff 2016-07-03 21:54:24

Drew this earlier in the weekend to both get back to trying realistic figures and challenging myself with back perspective at the same time. I was gonna go farther with this (and give her clothes) but then said "screw it".

I'll do some actual anatomical studies and sketches before I actually try my hand at a "project" level drawing of any sorta realistic humanoid, as I've only really studied the general figure and how to construct it.

NE-0-N's Art Stuff

BBS Signature

Response to NE-0-N's Art Stuff 2016-07-04 16:19:10

Wip wip + "why are you not green"

NE-0-N's Art Stuff

BBS Signature

Response to NE-0-N's Art Stuff 2016-07-05 01:12:35 (edited 2016-07-05 01:13:48)

Here's a random little piece of fun; if anyone can tell me what the "54" in this image means, then I'll go ahead and reveal the whole still-WIP thing and fully explain just what the heck this is, as it deals heavily with lore I'm creating, involving -NEON- if anyone's remotely interested in that.

Either way, all of that information will still come.

NE-0-N's Art Stuff

BBS Signature

Response to NE-0-N's Art Stuff 2016-07-06 01:31:09 (edited 2016-07-06 01:32:58)

Meet my newest OC: -XENON-

This is NOT my persona, -NEON- xD

However, this is the first in a series of human-made attempts to recreate an alien sound elemental that nearly destroyed the planet a few years prior.

-XENON- doesn't like the prospect of being a living weapon; if she's gonna fight, it'd be on her own terms, so she went rogue.

Her weapon of choice is a guitar, which ain't shown here unfortunately.

Also, as for the 54 on her outershirt, you should take a look at the table.

NE-0-N's Art Stuff

BBS Signature

Response to NE-0-N's Art Stuff 2016-07-06 19:04:07

I don't have much for today, but I'm trying out a slightly different way of drawing hands.

Instead of starting it off with a 3D pentagon or trapezoid as I've been doing, I'm swapping out those rigid shapes for a circle as the foundation, and placing the fingers in 3D formation from memory/own reference.

So far, it feels a bit easier/faster, as a circle allows me to "wrap" the fingers around the palm(or something like that), and it'll likely reduce the time I spend on trying to make the hand look as decent as I can.

Then again, this seems to best fit the caricatured style I like to go for, synonymous to Sonic (which was the *first* artistic inspiration I had, that got me drawing at all as a child). I'd probably have to go back to the other 3D shape foundation for drawing more realistic hands.

Image ain't quality by any means, but it keeps the ride going!

NE-0-N's Art Stuff

BBS Signature

Response to NE-0-N's Art Stuff 2016-07-07 19:11:24

quick line doodle I did of a nuclear-powered super flying robot

It's based on an old character mod I did in Trove :3

NE-0-N's Art Stuff

BBS Signature

Response to NE-0-N's Art Stuff 2016-07-09 14:35:33

Amy sketch thing I got tired of doin'

Bending the handle like that probably hurts

NE-0-N's Art Stuff

BBS Signature

Response to NE-0-N's Art Stuff 2016-07-09 18:01:59 (edited 2016-07-09 18:02:16)

Genji has green, artichoke-colored hair in Overwatch, and would probably be in shock upon seeing the real thing.

NE-0-N's Art Stuff

BBS Signature

Response to NE-0-N's Art Stuff 2016-07-09 23:34:58 (edited 2016-07-09 23:39:15)

Perspective is something I should really be practicing xD

I'm actually kinda proud that I could get this far without feeling it being too broken. You know, the kind of proud that's gonna wear off once I look at this again in the morning. *I'm already seein' things to fix xD

"when you're a second too slow"

NE-0-N's Art Stuff

BBS Signature

Response to NE-0-N's Art Stuff 2016-07-12 01:20:07 (edited 2016-07-12 01:20:18)

Yep, was definitely right about the previous perspective post/drawing. Wanna burn it now.

Speaking of wanting to burn things....

I redrew this *ahem* totally original character from four years ago to see some of the starkest contrast possible.

NE-0-N's Art Stuff

BBS Signature

Response to NE-0-N's Art Stuff 2016-07-14 01:02:31 (edited 2016-07-14 01:07:28)

Tried more perspective practice today but got sick of myself so I doodled this amy

If I tried harder with the shading I would've posted it on the portal xD

NE-0-N's Art Stuff

BBS Signature

Response to NE-0-N's Art Stuff 2016-07-14 21:32:47

Today I have for you this guy

NE-0-N's Art Stuff

BBS Signature

Response to NE-0-N's Art Stuff 2016-07-18 00:43:05

very tired and need sleep so doing a knukl is obv the answer

NE-0-N's Art Stuff

BBS Signature

Response to NE-0-N's Art Stuff 2016-07-21 18:21:44

It's been freakin' 3 days since I posted; sorry about that!

I'm working on a fan project for Trove that involves a small story and 3 new character skins (including ingame visual effects, etc). The orange lineart you saw before that looks vaguely similar to this guy (I may deem this "the ballhead style"), is part of the project.

NE-0-N's Art Stuff

BBS Signature

Response to NE-0-N's Art Stuff 2016-07-22 01:00:13

The sketch is complete!

If you happen to play Trove, I suggest you hop over to the forums sometime, as this character will be a skin mod for the Neon Ninja class.

NE-0-N's Art Stuff

BBS Signature

Response to NE-0-N's Art Stuff 2016-07-23 02:40:53

SONIKKU-- DAB

SONIKKU-- DAB

SONIKKU-- DAB

SONIKKU-- DAB

AH-AH-AH-AH-AH-AH-AH-AH--

NE-0-N's Art Stuff

BBS Signature

Response to NE-0-N's Art Stuff 2016-07-24 02:26:14

BBS Signature

Response to NE-0-N's Art Stuff 2016-07-24 02:27:43

Final character of my Trove project

whew jesus this was nuts

I made custom character skins for them, complete with new visuals and everything

sleep

i need some

NE-0-N's Art Stuff

BBS Signature

Response to NE-0-N's Art Stuff 2016-07-27 01:33:48

Okay I really wanna get outta that "ballhead" style of mine for a bit and actually refine my fundamentals, and actually connect body parts together.

But first, I had a really random idea instead of getting sleep and I don't really feel like taking it it that far right now

Hear me out: Kirby straight up jacks Sonic's shoes and can somehow run faster than him.

He doesn't even suck up Sonic; he just steals his damn sneakers

NE-0-N's Art Stuff

BBS Signature

Response to NE-0-N's Art Stuff 2016-07-27 02:18:04

another random idea: a pun: "down with the thickness"

And I drew this while "Down with the sickness" was on repeat.

Good lord I'ma be dreaming sadistically in a bit, but at least I got back to drawing a somewhat humanoid figure, albeit not remotely realistic

That's all I got for today; didn't get any motivation until like 2am xD

NE-0-N's Art Stuff

BBS Signature

Response to NE-0-N's Art Stuff 2016-07-29 02:28:09

here comes a special boi

NE-0-N's Art Stuff

BBS Signature

Response to NE-0-N's Art Stuff 2016-07-29 17:16:08

the boi slowly becomes more special

thick outerlines look pretty rad

NE-0-N's Art Stuff

BBS Signature

Response to NE-0-N's Art Stuff 2016-07-30 19:31:46 (edited 2016-07-30 19:32:37)

My persona's back, my dudes! :D

Gone are the days of the main color of the skin being #00FF00

NE-0-N's Art Stuff

BBS Signature

Response to NE-0-N's Art Stuff 2016-07-31 01:40:17 (edited 2016-07-31 01:44:22)

I don't have an image for you this post, but I feel like it'll be a good thing to get this related disappointment off of my chest.

I'm gonna go ahead and recolor/reshade -NEON-. There's way too much I feel is wrong with it that leaves me unsatisfied upon looking at him again. It has too much blue and not enough warm to balance it out. On top of that, a dark background on relatively dark lighting (majority shadows) produced a less than hype mood fitting of the character.

I might move its analogous color palette significantly closer together, to feature lime/sea green instead of yellow/cyan, or make the basic skintone more limegreen and fit more purple in there somewhere to complement (instead of just a dark magenta/purple for the jacket). Speaking of which, the shirt probably should stand out a lot more.

UGH this is probably one of THE most frustratingly depressing feelings considering I worked most all day on it pretty hard (probably an unhealthy amount, and most of the time was spent screwing around with uncertain colors and shades anyway), but at the same time, typing it out and reading it back to myself makes me feel a bit better in itself, and gives me confidence I can do myself justice. This frustration is amplified by the fact that this is my persona.

I should probably learn how to take breaks instead of work hours on end because this unease settled in the very *instant* I finally put the pen down. And probably look at even more videos on color theory.

I'm pretty proud of the lineart and the overall silhouette, even though the size of the spikes to the face make the forehead look infinitely bigger than how I constructed it. Also on the bright side, the dude looks infinitely more rad now than he did previously (the first post in this thread), so I personally feel like I nailed the drawing at its essence; it's just how I came about bringing it to life.

*Punches wall in text format*

BBS Signature

Response to NE-0-N's Art Stuff 2016-07-31 17:39:07 (edited 2016-07-31 17:54:06)

Alright, working on a simplified palette for Neon that feels a bit less tacky. On the left is the current one seen in the drawing, and on the right is gonna be the new stuff. Skin color's gonna remain the exact same but the changes lie in how far the glowing accents stretch, hue-wise, and how much magenta is actually visible to compliment accent the neutral green.

I might also use the yellow as highlights or somethin'

A significant challenge lies in how the heck I'm gonna go about coloring the shirt, this time. Given how most of the body's covered and'll be magenta, maybe getting away with coloring it with the different hues of green would work? Maybe could need a unique color to make it pop out a bit more?

Maybe I'm trying too hard xD

NE-0-N's Art Stuff

BBS Signature

Response to NE-0-N's Art Stuff 2016-07-31 21:42:45 (edited 2016-07-31 21:46:15)

Alright, here's what I got so far. All the colors that aren't a green are pretty much set in stone.

Right now, I'm not sure if I'm gonna add gradients to the glowing parts again (pretty much all the bright greens are glowin'), or if I should just leave 'em flat (kinda like how that looks at the moment). I'll probably look at other people's glowing stuff before going on about it.

If anyone has any insight to offer I'd be more than grateful for it. I'm leaving the picture at this exact spot for the night.

(random thing: Neon's named what he his mostly because of my obsession with neon green. I color coordinate in black/green most of the time, in real life)

NE-0-N's Art Stuff

BBS Signature