00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

christopher54000 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Mob mentality

524 Views | 10 Replies

Mob mentality is a stupid thing that exists. As I grew up I understood that idolizing is stupid.
Criticizing people who generally do good things will cause a shit storm.
We can make fun of Hitler but we cannot make fun of mother Teresa.

I agree with GradeAunderA that people will become racist or sexist just because their favorite celebrity had a disagreement
with another celebrity.

I also find the idea of celebrity stupid because it causes people to idolize them just because of popularity and the fact that they're not exposed yet.

BBS Signature

Response to Mob mentality 2016-05-12 08:34:04

At 5/12/16 08:22 AM, Hoodie wrote: Mob mentality can be as simple as going through a door dude, what the fuck are you talking about.

Like lets say there's two doors to get into the grocery store, a right and a left one. Everyone is going through the right door so you just go through the right door as well, that is mob mentality.

Well I'm kind of saying that if a person they like gets a disagreement with another random person, they will usually pick the person they like and get pissed at that random person not because of the situation but because of the person him/herself.

hope it made more sense

BBS Signature

Response to Mob mentality 2016-05-12 09:30:16

You can make fun of anyone that you want, actually. It's better to be kind though.

BBS Signature

Response to Mob mentality 2016-05-12 17:38:24

At 5/12/16 08:22 AM, Hoodie wrote: Mob mentality can be as simple as going through a door dude, what the fuck are you talking about.

Like lets say there's two doors to get into the grocery store, a right and a left one. Everyone is going through the right door so you just go through the right door as well, that is mob mentality.

okay

it still follows the concept of doing something because you see others doing it

which isn't a good reason to do something.

"Death upon death... Nothing but death in this barren land. Who can we pray to? There are only demons and fiends here."

~The Journal of a Man Who Wandered into Another World

BBS Signature

Response to Mob mentality 2016-05-12 18:30:07

ITT people acting like they don't have even a little bit of mob mentality

BBS Signature

Response to Mob mentality 2016-05-12 20:46:18

Maybe just not make fun of people in general, equal application of not making fun of people to all. Life is too short to spend it criticizing others.

Those who do not learn from the mistakes of their past are doomed to repeat them.

Response to Mob mentality 2016-05-12 22:43:02

At 5/12/16 08:53 PM, MemeFiend3 wrote: You know humans have evolved over thousands of years to have a mob mentality, but I'm sure some 12 year old on the internet knows best.

Selective breeding of people without a mob mentality should begin immediately.

You have nothing to add to this topic, all you people do is mention an age you're not sure about. I'm pretty sure you also mentioned that I was 12 years old 2 years ago, I think you don't know how to do the math, literally.

So if you have nothing to add to the conversation other than try and theorize what my age is, fuck off kid. Go watch some anime and jack of to it ya weaboo.

BBS Signature

Response to Mob mentality 2016-05-12 22:45:30

At 5/12/16 09:37 PM, Bryan wrote: Is you yelling at white people over the internet an example of mob mentality?

I would respond with something offensive to those rednecks, but I will just get banned so...

BBS Signature

Response to Mob mentality 2016-05-12 23:56:34

cry more

it exists, sometimes it's not bad, remember to think for yourself, done.

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to Mob mentality 2016-05-13 01:18:49

At 5/12/16 08:12 AM, ArcadeDominator wrote: I agree with GradeAunderA that people will become racist or sexist just because their favorite celebrity had a disagreement
with another celebrity.

Do you agree with him just because you like him? You argue against those who argue against him because you like him?

Response to Mob mentality 2016-05-13 01:35:41

At 5/13/16 01:18 AM, CiviLies wrote:
At 5/12/16 08:12 AM, ArcadeDominator wrote: I agree with GradeAunderA that people will become racist or sexist just because their favorite celebrity had a disagreement
with another celebrity.
Do you agree with him just because you like him? You argue against those who argue against him because you like him?

No, I found his point agreeable I would not care even if Nicole arbour said so. If I did then I would be a hypocrite.

BBS Signature