00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GrawlixMan just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Freelance Opportunity for May 9th

515 Views | 9 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Freelance Opportunity for May 9th 2016-05-05 23:50:05

Hi,

My name is Randall Oxley and I am a film and commercial producer for Moment 2 Moment Pictures Ltd., a London based film company. I've been a fan of Newgrounds.com since 2000-2001'ish, from the games to the animation and the music compositions. I know the talent that exists in this community and I'm happy to say for the first time, my film company, Moment 2 Moment Pictures Ltd. is looking to commission an animator for a freelance job to work on an advertisement that will be used for social media marketing worldwide for a major automotive brand! We at M2M Pictures have a possible short term commission that I am seeking animators for a client who is a major automotive brand. The deadline for the completed project is May 30th and the deadline for entries to be submitted is May 9th. The gig is for creating 10 five second GIF animations and 1 five second splash animation for a worldwide automotive brand.

My first question for this singular work is if you would have from this today, May 5th, until May 30th available to work on a total of 10 five second GIF animations and 1 five second promotional/splash/brand themed animation?

Secondly, what are your normal rates? I ask this because this job would be a one time payment instead of hourly. I'd need to incorporate your Average Rate vs. Estimated Time to Finish into a budget that provides you with what you'll make if the pitch goes successful and you get the green light to start working, not to mention the client's expectations.

Thirdly, Do you work well under pressure or under a strict time constraint? How long would you normally take to strictly animate a total of 0:55 second animation/ 11 five second animations? Keep in mind, you'll already have the outline of the story for the adverts but you also can have complete creative freedom to animate this as you envision and also to create your own scenarios if the consensus of M2M enjoys your idea. Please include with your entry: A portfolio of work (sketches, paintings, animations, demo reels, etc...) and tell us a little about your artistic style and the process you normally use to create your work.

Lastly, less of a question than a statement: I've contacted other animators in regards to this particular job, so there will be a bit of competition but ultimately the final decision falls on the Director's pick. Creativity, artistic styles as well as proper communication and work-flow/ethic are all things to consider for the job.

We aren't only seeking candidates to commission for this treatment specifically. We are also hoping to make some partners that we can put in touch with future ventures! You all have such very unique styles of storytelling, artistic identity and are obviously doing what you love, which I very much respect!

If you are interested please contact me and I will provide the details of this particular job (The brief, target audience brief and sample artwork/photos provided by the client.) and we can discuss payment amount for completed project.

Thanks very much for your time and best of luck to anyone planning to submit and entry for the job!

Sincerely,
Randall Oxley

Producer
Cell: (956) 225-9109
Office: (956) 378-9836
oxley@m2mpictures.com
roxleypctech@gmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/M2MPictures/

Response to Freelance Opportunity for May 9th 2016-05-06 03:09:54

Greetings there!!
Hello Buddy, I replied you on your mail as well send you pm. Hope to her from you soon !

Gotham

BBS Signature

Response to Freelance Opportunity for May 9th 2016-05-06 03:10:56

Greetings there!!
Hello Buddy, I replied you on your mail as well send you pm. Hope to here from you soon !

Gotham

BBS Signature

Response to Freelance Opportunity for May 9th 2016-05-06 03:42:41

Hi RVPOxley,

Sounds cool examples of my work csn be found below:

Wondermeow@newgrounds.com

If you like what you see we can move from there, cheers.

Kind regards,

Wondermeow

BBS Signature

Response to Freelance Opportunity for May 9th 2016-05-07 13:21:08

At 5/6/16 03:10 AM, GothamB wrote: Greetings there!!
Hello Buddy, I replied you on your mail as well send you pm. Hope to here from you soon !

Thank you for contacting me via email! I've send the Briefs and Marketing package to your email! I'm also available on skype as leifoleifo if you need to chat regarding any questions or concerns.

Enjoy!

Response to Freelance Opportunity for May 9th 2016-05-07 13:26:16

Thank you for contacting me, Gotham! I enjoyed speaking with you very much regarding the project. We were very impressed with your confidence and motivation to succeed on the call. We will keep in contact via Skype as you mentioned that you prefer as a default method of communication. Good luck to you!

Randall Oxley

Response to Freelance Opportunity for May 9th 2016-05-08 05:04:44

At 5/7/16 01:26 PM, RVPOxley wrote:
Thank you for contacting me, Gotham! I enjoyed speaking with you very much regarding the project. We were very impressed with your confidence and motivation to succeed on the call. We will keep in contact via Skype as you mentioned that you prefer as a default method of communication. Good luck to you!

Randall Oxley

Thanks a lot for your kind words. It's really a wonderful experience to talk with you, my pleasure to work with such a creative people's.

Gotham

BBS Signature

Response to Freelance Opportunity for May 9th 2016-05-08 12:42:31

Just sent you an email.

Response to Freelance Opportunity for May 9th 2016-05-09 17:51:23

At 5/8/16 12:42 PM, CharlesMossAnimation wrote: Just sent you an email.

Thanks for the email Charles!
I've emailed you the brief and marketing package!

Good luck!

Response to Freelance Opportunity for May 9th 2016-05-09 17:53:42

Thanks everyone for the entries for this project.

I will be going through the final entries tonight and emailing the most promising candidates. I believe we have sealed in who we like for the job but we make adjustments if someone wow's us with an entry tonight.

If we don't pick you for this project, I will post new projects in the future, should our art team need extra hands like on this project.

Thanks very much to everyone who sent in work and we will keep you in mind for the future!

Sincerely,
Randall Oxley