00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

picapip just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

News Posts without images

618 Views | 7 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

News Posts without images 2016-05-03 01:14:47

From some days ago, I can't do a News post with images. It's strange because others can do that. Do you know why?

I tried do a post in firefox and chrome and it's the same, when it start to process the images stops and don't continue with the upload. I have come to think that I'm punished and for that I can't post xD, but really I don't know what happen.

My last post don't have images: http://sergeibsg.newgrounds.com/news/post/960039

Compare with a previous one: http://sergeibsg.newgrounds.com/news/post/955256

Thanks!
Good Luck! :)

Response to News Posts without images 2016-05-03 13:20:03

Weird. What happens when you try to upload the image? Any error message, or does it just freeze? Can you still upload to other parts of the site, like the dump?

The latest: Hexa #97 (May)

BBS Signature

At 5/3/16 01:20 PM, Cyberdevil wrote: Weird. What happens when you try to upload the image? Any error message, or does it just freeze? Can you still upload to other parts of the site, like the dump?

I've just tried the dump and yes, I can upload to other parts.

About what happens... I don't have any error message, but no freeze neither. It happens that appear the message of upload 1 of X images (In the last case it was 1 of 8 images), then it not pass to process the second image, that tab closes and return me to the edition how it was before I pressed the Post button. But if I try upload only one image the issue is the same, so it isn't a problem related with the number of images.

Response to News Posts without images 2016-05-04 10:45:41

At 5/3/16 05:54 PM, SergeiBSG wrote: I've just tried the dump and yes, I can upload to other parts.

About what happens... I don't have any error message, but no freeze neither. It happens that appear the message of upload 1 of X images (In the last case it was 1 of 8 images), then it not pass to process the second image, that tab closes and return me to the edition how it was before I pressed the Post button. But if I try upload only one image the issue is the same, so it isn't a problem related with the number of images.

Hmm my first thought is it might have something to do with browser plugins blocking certain page requests, or some other setting. Have you tried disabling plugins? If you do, and the issue disappears, you could then try activating them one by one to see which one's the problem. Adblock specifically has blocked certain requests that were important to the site functionality, at least in the past, if you have that?

Otherwise... I don't know. If the first step doesn't make a difference, a workaround might be including images via link instead, and uploading them somewhere else first. The dump would work for that. Just upload, then right-click the image to view and get the URL. Hope that helps somewhat? If it keeps bugging though, plugins disabled and everything, staff would probably want to know about it.

BBS Signature

Response to News Posts without images 2016-05-09 20:15:11

At 5/4/16 10:45 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
Hmm my first thought is it might have something to do with browser plugins blocking certain page requests, or some other setting. Have you tried disabling plugins? If you do, and the issue disappears, you could then try activating them one by one to see which one's the problem. Adblock specifically has blocked certain requests that were important to the site functionality, at least in the past, if you have that?

Otherwise... I don't know. If the first step doesn't make a difference, a workaround might be including images via link instead, and uploading them somewhere else first. The dump would work for that. Just upload, then right-click the image to view and get the URL. Hope that helps somewhat? If it keeps bugging though, plugins disabled and everything, staff would probably want to know about it.

I've just tried disabling plugins and it didn't work. And I don't use Adblock. And I always include the images via link, but Newgrounds always process them at the moment of post, so uploading from my computer or via link, It will be always the same :C

I puted a image showing my problem:

News Posts without images

Response to News Posts without images 2016-05-10 15:10:52

At 5/9/16 08:15 PM, SergeiBSG wrote: I've just tried disabling plugins and it didn't work. And I don't use Adblock. And I always include the images via link, but Newgrounds always process them at the moment of post, so uploading from my computer or via link, It will be always the same :C

I puted a image showing my problem:

Hmm I'm out of ideas. :/ Maybe @liljim knows what might be bugging?

BBS Signature

Response to News Posts without images 2016-05-10 17:02:58

Okay, please try now.

Response to News Posts without images 2016-05-10 18:41:24

At 5/10/16 05:02 PM, liljim wrote: Okay, please try now.

*o*

Yes!!! Now It's working!!

Many many thanks!

\o/