00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Whraen just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Strobing Lines?

554 Views | 13 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hi guys. I have just finished a long time ongoing project. The past two days have been a mess with me fixing problems and sorting out the conform.

The problem I have is when exporting from Premiere Pro all of my pencil lines seem to become ... weird and warped I will hopefully link in some pictures.

Any way to solve the problems without going back through and changing the lines strokes of everything frame by frame?

Thanks

PS EXTRA INFORMATION
Animating in Flash and conforming in Premiere. The pencil has a 3 pixel stroke (I think :S) and as you can se the blue brush to the from of the island doesn't have the same problem.

Strobing Lines?

Response to Strobing Lines? 2016-04-25 17:40:19

There's a number of things that could be causing that. What video format are you rendering it out to? You mentioned the pencil tool so I'm assuming you drew that straight into Flash, you didn't import those drawings from another program?

Smarty Art, Ninja, Action

BBS Signature

Response to Strobing Lines? 2016-04-25 17:49:31

Yea its drawn directly in flash and exported either as a still or a mov and sometimes a Jpeg-Sequence. It is then imported in premiere and looks stroby.

Side note - It is to do with the export settings from flash. The Export looks stiped when viewing the images.

At 4/25/16 05:40 PM, Celshaded wrote: There's a number of things that could be causing that. What video format are you rendering it out to? You mentioned the pencil tool so I'm assuming you drew that straight into Flash, you didn't import those drawings from another program?

Response to Strobing Lines? 2016-04-25 17:53:16

Actually it must be to do with the premiere pro settings. It isn't half as bad on the raw footage.

Response to Strobing Lines? 2016-04-25 17:53:41

Export the file from Flash as a .swf first, then import it into Premiere or AfterEffects.

If there are sounds, import the sound files into Premiere as well.

Then export it out as an .mp4.

Though if you somehow still have QuickTime installed, then export as a .mov

Response to Strobing Lines? 2016-04-25 18:02:19

What's the resolution on your image sequence?

BBS Signature

Response to Strobing Lines? 2016-04-25 18:16:43

Its 1920x1080 on both. Its confusing me, its as if I have an interlaced project somewhere down the line. (I edit video so should know this hah)

At 4/25/16 06:02 PM, Celshaded wrote: What's the resolution on your image sequence?

Response to Strobing Lines? 2016-04-25 18:45:37

Im not confident with the SWF workflow. I really should read up on it.

At 4/25/16 05:53 PM, VLanimate wrote: Export the file from Flash as a .swf first, then import it into Premiere or AfterEffects.

If there are sounds, import the sound files into Premiere as well.

Then export it out as an .mp4.

Though if you somehow still have QuickTime installed, then export as a .mov

Response to Strobing Lines? 2016-04-25 18:46:25

I fixed the problem It was the premiere pro project settings. I started a new project and pasted the timeline to it. Sorted, Thanks for your help Celshadad!!

At 4/25/16 06:02 PM, Celshaded wrote: What's the resolution on your image sequence?

Response to Strobing Lines? 2016-04-25 19:40:28

Spoke to soon... It is now causing problems in the premiere export. what is the best way to conform flash files into premiere. At the moment I have a green background on my Jpeg Sequence, and I am currently keying out in premiere because I have to move the images across backgrounds and other elements.

I just want this Movie to be smooth as butter.

Response to Strobing Lines? 2016-04-25 19:52:26

I just export the movie as an swf and then convert it to either Quicktime Animation or H.264 using swivel.

https://www.newgrounds.com/wiki/creator-resources/flash-resources/swivel

I stopped doing image sequences all together after I go my hands on swivel.

BBS Signature

Response to Strobing Lines? 2016-04-26 11:55:09

At 4/25/16 07:40 PM, JimToons wrote: Spoke to soon... It is now causing problems in the premiere export. what is the best way to conform flash files into premiere. At the moment I have a green background on my Jpeg Sequence, and I am currently keying out in premiere because I have to move the images across backgrounds and other elements.

I just want this Movie to be smooth as butter.

Uhh.... Your lines are just too small for 1080p. Lines that thin won't show up unless you view the video in full res, or it'll stripe like that.

Thicken your lines up.

Response to Strobing Lines? 2016-04-26 19:21:04

Great ill get on this in the morning. Cant wait to finish this project and start the next.

At 4/25/16 07:52 PM, Celshaded wrote: I just export the movie as an swf and then convert it to either Quicktime Animation or H.264 using swivel.

https://www.newgrounds.com/wiki/creator-resources/flash-resources/swivel

I stopped doing image sequences all together after I go my hands on swivel.

Response to Strobing Lines? 2016-04-27 04:48:09

This has saved me! Why haven't I used the SWF workflow before!?!

At 4/25/16 07:52 PM, Celshaded wrote: I just export the movie as an swf and then convert it to either Quicktime Animation or H.264 using swivel.