00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MisterBig67425 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Suicide Discussion

3,487 Views | 56 Replies

Suicide Discussion 2016-04-24 15:03:01

Some people think suicide is a weak move, but it's not, those people are just addicted to society, they like to shoot up the Matrix code.

I just want to say I wanted to commit suicide a lot, but I chose not too, because the world needs to change.

So I say this to my fellow Human Beings, life will get better, survive friends, survive.

Thank you.

Suicide Discussion

Response to Suicide Discussion 2016-04-24 15:08:33 (edited 2016-04-24 15:08:46)

I'm an avid supporter of free-choice. If you feel you're ready to not be living anymore... I say do whatever you want to do. Who the fuck am I to tell you whether or not you've lived full life or not, or whether your life is even worth living. You know the answer to that better than anyone.

BBS Signature

Response to Suicide Discussion 2016-04-24 15:13:04

At 4/24/16 03:11 PM, yurgenburgen wrote: if you've never genuinely wanted to die, you can't understand what it's like
this is not directed at anyone in particular. just the kinds of people who've never been seriously depressed but decide they are qualified to offer advice

Wise words from The Burgen.

Response to Suicide Discussion 2016-04-24 15:21:42

At 4/24/16 03:03 PM, BarthoIdi wrote: Some people think suicide is a weak move, but it's not, those people are just addicted to society, they like to shoot up the Matrix code.

It IS a weak move. And what do you mean by addicted to society? And what matrix code?

In all seriousness, nobody chose to live in this particular world, but it's the only world we have right now. Killing yourself isn't gonna fix anything. It will just bring permanent consequences.

Some say it's "free choice" to allow people to kill themselves (especially when they're in a healthy state that can get fixed), but they fail to realize that death is permanent. In "free choice", you're able to change your mind about things, but not when it comes to homicides or suicides. Once that's committed, it's irreversible.

Discord: Eltro#4304

BBS Signature

Response to Suicide Discussion 2016-04-24 15:21:48 (edited 2016-04-24 15:27:49)

At 4/24/16 03:10 PM, Amaranthus wrote: I consider it daily but there's little things in life I enjoy and I'm too much of a pussy so fuck it I guess.

*Wakes up in the morning and contemplates suicide*

Amaranthus: Nahhh... not today. Too much shit to do.

At 4/24/16 03:21 PM, Eltro2kneo wrote: Some say it's "free choice" to allow people to kill themselves (especially when they're in a healthy state that can get fixed), but they fail to realize that death is permanent. In "free choice", you're able to change your mind about things, but not when it comes to homicides or suicides. Once that's committed, it's irreversible.

Having free-choice does NOT mean it's a decision to make lightly. But whether or not I choose to continue living is NOT your call. As such, deciding whether or not I am in a healthy state, or what even constitutes a healthy state is also not your call. And don't insult my intelligence; I'm aware death is permanent. And you're wrong about what is irreversible and what isn't. Once a decision is made and acted upon, it's irreversible. Time flows one way buddy; ALL actions have consequences. That's part of decision making; deciding whether or not the action you are about to take will lead to the consequences you seek.

BBS Signature

Response to Suicide Discussion 2016-04-24 15:26:07

I know how you feel, but I never go through with it because I still haven't played Half-Life 3.

Response to Suicide Discussion 2016-04-24 15:33:23

At 4/24/16 03:21 PM, Migashi wrote:
At 4/24/16 03:10 PM, Amaranthus wrote: I consider it daily but there's little things in life I enjoy and I'm too much of a pussy so fuck it I guess.
*Wakes up in the morning and contemplates suicide*

Amaranthus: Nahhh... not today. Too much shit to do.

At 4/24/16 03:21 PM, Eltro2kneo wrote:
Having free-choice does NOT mean it's a decision to make lightly. But whether or not I choose to continue living is NOT your call. As such, deciding whether or not I am in a healthy state, or what even constitutes a healthy state is also not your call. And don't insult my intelligence; I'm aware death is permanent. And you're wrong about what is irreversible and what isn't. Once a decision is made and acted upon, it's irreversible. Time flows one way buddy; ALL actions have consequences. That's part of decision making; deciding whether or not the action you are about to take will lead to the consequences you seek.

You're falsely equating any decision with killing yourself. It doesn't matter if it's my call to knock the gun off your head before you pull the trigger.

Also, being healthy is NOT a decision either. You don't wake up the next morning and "decide" to catch a cold.

BBS Signature

Response to Suicide Discussion 2016-04-24 15:41:31

Nah

Response to Suicide Discussion 2016-04-24 15:45:01

At 4/24/16 03:33 PM, Eltro2kneo wrote:
You're falsely equating any decision with killing yourself. It doesn't matter if it's my call to knock the gun off your head before you pull the trigger.

That's a good way to get shot yourself.

Also, being healthy is NOT a decision either. You don't wake up the next morning and "decide" to catch a cold.

No, but whether or not to continue living in pain, anguish, misery, or whatever your justifications are is a decision. If you knocked the gun out of my hand, I would accuse you of torture for making me continue on... I would then pick the gun up, blow your head off for being an overzealous asshole, and then finish myself.

If you're going to take MY life into YOUR hands; then it would be pretty safe to assume I could do the same to yours and you wouldn't have a point to argue.

You deciding someone should live when they don't want to is the same as someone deciding you should die when you want to live. Just in reverse.

BBS Signature

Response to Suicide Discussion 2016-04-24 15:57:28 (edited 2016-04-24 15:58:06)

At 4/24/16 03:45 PM, Migashi wrote:
No, but whether or not to continue living in pain, anguish, misery, or whatever your justifications are is a decision. If you knocked the gun out of my hand, I would accuse you of torture for making me continue on... I would then pick the gun up, blow your head off for being an overzealous asshole, and then finish myself.

The ironic part is, you're not living in pain, anguish, misery, or whatever. You don't take into account that others have had it worse than you and still live good lives. Which is why you have weak reasons to kill yourself. Me preventing your suicide is not a valid excuse to death threat me either.

You deciding someone should live when they don't want to is the same as someone deciding you should die when you want to live. Just in reverse.

It's not unreasonable to decide for those people to live longer if their reasons for suicide are piss poor.

BBS Signature

Response to Suicide Discussion 2016-04-24 16:03:12 (edited 2016-04-24 16:04:43)

I've had 4 online friends supposedlykill themselves last year, and I did little to nothing to stop them. Why? Because if an individual is dead set on actually wanting to die, what the fuck can I do to stop him? A lot of my friends tell me I should've done more to help them out, but shit. I've never even had a minor case of depression before, let alone suicidal thoughts. What the fuck do I know about this to be able to help someone out? How can I help someone out when I've never had such thoughts?

EDIT: This is based off the assumption that these individuals actually killed themselves. Reason why I think so is because after they sent me those messages, their Steam accounts were inactive for weeks and months. It's also possible they made a new account and abandoned their old ones, I suppose.

I consider myself to be a very resilient person, because I've endured shit that would make a lot of depression/suicide prone people consider suicide, and still moved on. i.e. getting picked on at school, having no friends and no one caring for your mere existence at school. I still moved on though and am very satisfied with my life right now.

BBS Signature

Response to Suicide Discussion 2016-04-24 16:03:40

At 4/24/16 03:57 PM, Eltro2kneo wrote:
At 4/24/16 03:45 PM, Migashi wrote:
The ironic part is, you're not living in pain, anguish, misery, or whatever. You don't take into account that others have had it worse than you and still live good lives. Which is why you have weak reasons to kill yourself. Me preventing your suicide is not a valid excuse to death threat me either.

It's not unreasonable to decide for those people to live longer if their reasons for suicide are piss poor.

And again, who the fuck are you to decide what the circumstances of my life are? And who the fuck are you to decide whether or not my reasons for suicide are piss poor? The fucking God complex on you kid...

BBS Signature

Response to Suicide Discussion 2016-04-24 16:45:55

At 4/24/16 04:38 PM, MemeFiend3 wrote: @Migashi

So basically you don't give a damn if somebody kills themselves, a real uncaring prick, but you're trying to spin it as though you're a deep, caring, philosophical person who respects others decisions for internet brownie points.

I'm not saying I wouldn't give a damn... and I may try to talk to them; but it isn't my decision to arrest. And have you stopped to consider that I may actually be a deep, caring, philosophical person who respects other's decisions? I'm assuming not...

And stop being so emotional and swearing so much in your arguments, it makes you look like a 12 year old.

Oh noes... whatever will I do! MemeFiend3 doesn't approve of my language!

Just for you:

100 Swears / 20 Languages:
1. JAPANESE
Busu [Extremely ugly girl]
Kintama [Golden balls]
Kisama [Lord of the donkeys]
Urusai Gakia [Shut up brat]
Pai Pai [Breasts, nipples]

2. FRENCH
Tu me fais chier [You are pissing me off]
Ttourne enculer les mouces [Go fuck a cow]
Ta mère est une salope [Your mother is a bitch]
Va te tripoter [Go tinker with yourself]
Tabarnaque, calisse de marde [Fuck, fucking shit]

3. GERMAN
Dummes huhn [Stupid chicken]
Fick mich [Fuck me]
Himmeldonnerwetter [Heaven thunder weather]
Arschgesicht [Ass face]
Schwanzlutscher [Cock sucker]

4. HEBREW
Mishugena [Freak]
Hutzpa [Balls (lot of nerve)]
Teonen al tmuna shel kalba [Do masturbate on a dogs picture]
Nod [Fart]
Noshech kariot [Pillow biter]

5. GAELIC
Is dócha nach bhfuil seans ar bith ann [I suppose a ride is out of the question?]
Cailleach [Old hag, witch]
Is cuma liom sa diabhal [I don't give a damn]
Marbhfháisc ort [A shroud on you]
Go stróice an diabhal thú [May the worms eat you]

6. ITALIAN
No Skuche ala Gats [What the fuck do you want from my balls?]
Cazzo vai via stronzo [Shit, get out of here jerk]
li mortacci tua [To your dead relative]
Vai a morire ammazzato [Go and die murdered]
Figlio di puttana [Son of a whore]

7. ARABIC
Nikomak [Fuck your mother]
Elif air ab tizak [A thousand dicks in your ass!]
Gahba [Bitch]
Aha [Shit]
Sharmoota haygana [Horny bitch]

8. LATIN
Dormi mecum [Sleep with me]
Orcae ita [Hells yeah]
Spucatum tauri [Bull shit]
Irrumator [Bastard]
Flocci non facio [I don't give a damn]

9. ARABIC (MOROCCAN)
Mo [Derogatory for a Moroccan]
Malik kahell [Your king is a Black (insult)]
Woodla halum [Allah wills it]
Mook kebba [Your mother is a whore]
Inta shaz [You're a perv]

10. PERSIAN
Beshoor [No brained]
Kosefil [Elephant's cunt]
Kos-khol [Sex crazy]
An damagh [Booger]
Khange khodah [Screw-up of god]

11. POLISH
Spieprzaj [Piss off]
Zajebiste [Fucking awesome]
Odpierdol sie chuju bo ci zapierdole [Fuck off you dick or I'll fuck you up]
Jebiesz jeze [You fuck hedgehogs]
Zjechać na ręcznym [Have a hand job]

12. RUSSIAN
Zaebal [You have bored me a lot]
Kor-rovie khuy-ee [You mother sucks cow dicks]
Ya eemay-you o-chen balshoy jol-ty hoy [I have a big yellow dick]
Tebya ne ebut, ti ne podmakhivai [Mind your own fucking business]
Yob tvoiu mat [Fuck your mother]

13. NORWEGIAN
Jeg spretta søstra di mens den tilbakestående faren din sto bak og fumlet med ballene mine [I stretched your sisters ass while your retarded dad stood behind me and fumbled my balls]
Fis [Long, soundless, and smelly fart]
Dra meg baklengs inn i fuglekassa [Pull me backwards into the bird cage (comparable to "are you kidding?")]
Runknisse [Wanking gnome]
Javisst, enda en norsk kuksuger, akkurat det vi trenger [Great, another Norwegian cocksucker, just what we needed]

14. SPANISH
Me cago en ti [I shit over you]
Hijo de mil putas [Son of thousand bitches]
Hueles a mierda [You smell like shit]
Pinche [Fucking (swear amplifier)]
La reputisima madre que te remil pario [The bitch that had you bore a thousand times]

15. YIDDISH
Gayn cacken ofn yam [Go shit in the ocean]
Putz [Dickhead]
Yutz [Asshole]
Schlemeil [Always spills his soup]
Schlmazel [Person who the soup is spilt on]

16. WELSH
Gotsan drewllyd [Smelly fanny]
Cachu bant ti cachu mes [Fuck off you sheep-shagger]
Bronnau fel bryniau Eryri [Tits like the mountains of Snowdon]
Ffwcia oma & Cachau bant [Fuck off]
Dos i chwarae efo dy nain [Go fuck your granny]

17. SRANAN TONGO (SURINAME)
ie de wang viestie dagoe [you're a vilty dog]
boelen [fuckin' in the ass]
krasi [horny]
Yu ma pangpang [your mothers cunt]
bos mie baanaa [kiss my dick]

18. DANISH
Dinf far tagen den i røven(roeven) [Your father takes it up the arse]
Du er pisse irriterende [You're a pain in the arse]
Klam [Disgustingly ugly]
Dø(doe)dit fede pikfjæs(pikfjaes) [Die you fat cock-head]
For fanden da også(ogsaa) [Oh for fucks sake]
19. CZECH
Chces mrdat? (ksesh mrrdat?) [Do you want to fuck?]
Do prdele!, kurva! [General curse]
Mrdat, prcat [Very dirty words for "fuck," - used only by the lowest people (whores, thugs, etc.)]
Sakra [Damn]
Hovno [Dung]

20. DUTCH
Smerige kankerhoer [Dirty cancer-suffering ho]
Val dood vuile kankerhoer [Drop dead stupid cancer hooker]
Apenaaier [Monkey-fucker]
Kutwijf [Literally cunt-bitch]
Ik laat een scheet in jouw richting [I fart in your direction]

FROM THE COMMENTS (unverified translations):

21. FILIPINO (Thanks to still.undead)
Putangina mo [your mother is a whore]
Hindot ka [you fuckhead or fuck you]
Tae mo [literal: your shit; figurative: i don't believe you, shithead]
Pukingina mo or plain Kingina [cunt of your mother]
Pesteng ulupong [you accursed snake]

22. PORTUGUESE (Thanks to Kika)
Vai para o caralho [go to the dick (it means "fuck you" though)]
Vai ver se está a chover [go see if it's raining (get lost!)]
Vai para a puta que te pariu [Go to the whore that gave birth to you (very offensive)]
Estou-me a cagar para ti! [I'm shitting to you.]
Vai tomar no cú [go drink in the asshole]
vai te fuder [go fuck yourself]
filho da puta [son of a bitch]

MORE FRENCH (thanks go to LaurentSauvagnac)

putain de bordel de merde [holy fucking shit]
Sa mère la pute [mother whore]
Enculé d'sa mère [mother fuck]
oh la vache [holy cow]
EVEN MORE FRENCH (thank to Cindy~)
Va chier: go fuck yourself
Mange de la marde: eat shit
Tu es une ostie de salope: you're a fucking whore
Enfant de chienne: son of a bitch
Trou du cul (but we prounounce "trou d'cul): asshole
Mange ma raie: eat my ass
Salope, pute: whore
Mange ma graine: eat my dick

23. Indonesian (thanks Anon)
Ngentot ko [Fuck You]
Kontol! [You dick!]
Pukimak [Your mother's cunt]
Babilah kau [You pig]
Mampus kau [You die]

24. Turkish (thanks Turk)
Gotunu sikerim [I will fuck your ass]
Yarrak [Penis]
Pic cocuk [Bastard child]
Bin yarrak gotune girsin! [a thousand penises go in your ass]

[Source]

BBS Signature

Response to Suicide Discussion 2016-04-24 16:57:52

At 4/24/16 04:49 PM, Anarkat wrote:

I think there's a certain point at which the "teenager angst" suicide threats go away and they're replaced by real problems and nobody wants to help.

I'd give an example but I really don't feel like talking about this shit today

The Newgrounds Revolution isn't a thing, quit being a pussy.

BBS Signature

Response to Suicide Discussion 2016-04-24 16:58:53 (edited 2016-04-24 17:01:51)

It IS a weak move.

How is it a weak move? People who commit suicide have to build up the courage to take their own lives in whatever way they choose. No one is going to go hang themselves or shoot themselves in the head because it's easy, requires no thought, and no emotions get in the way of them trying to kill themselves. They have to overcome a lot of fear, so one of the last things it should be called is a weak move.

I'm pretty sure you're saying it like 'it's the coward's way out' and it's really not. It takes guts for someone to kill themselves.

It's also kind of insulting because when someone takes their life it's because they can't handle life anymore. Some people have a really hard life and sometimes those people kill themselves to escape all of their pain because they see it as the only way out.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to Suicide Discussion 2016-04-24 17:04:24

At 4/24/16 04:45 PM, Migashi wrote: 100 Swears / 20 Languages:

[Source]

Looking at the Norwegian and Japanese entries: that fucking source, could he even find more shitty swears.
That's some lame-ass shit.

BBS Signature

Response to Suicide Discussion 2016-04-24 17:13:26

At 4/24/16 04:54 PM, MemeFiend3 wrote:
At 4/24/16 04:45 PM, Migashi wrote: And have you stopped to consider that I may actually be a deep, caring, philosophical person who respects other's decisions?
Have you ever stopped to consider that my dick is bigger?
Oh noes... whatever will I do! MemeFiend3 doesn't approve of my language!
I'm just saying, It's hard to take someone seriously when they're being irate, and every other work is 'fuck'

It doesn't matter how good your argument is, you'll be dismissed if you don't present it in a calm and mature manner.

Of the 383 words that make up my argument, 5 of them are foul... which equates to 1.305% of the words used in my argument.

In contrast, 73 of your 110 words contributing to this thread are about me cussing. Which means that 66.36% of your argument isn't even about the topic, but about how seriously my argument can be considered based on the language I choose to use.

Who is it that shouldn't be taken seriously here?

BBS Signature

Response to Suicide Discussion 2016-04-24 17:58:23

The problem with the notion that suicide is associated with weakness is that it shows a fundamental misunderstanding of what suicide actually is. Suicidal urges and thoughts are mental illness conditions, and mental illness conditions should be overseen with professional treatment. If someone dies from cancer, we as a society do not mock or insult the person for being weak and losing their battle with a very serious disease. It is just as ignorant and insensitive to be as dismissive of people who struggle with severe depression and suicidal thoughts.

This is also why allowing some sort of voluntary option for people to end their lives is incredibly dangerous. There are very few people who are of sound mind and believe that their time has come. If you are reading this, chances are that you are not one of these people. There will never, ever be a Futurama suicide machine on the street. This is fiction, and will forever remain so.

I know there are people out there, even in this very forum, who are facing these struggles. If you are having suicidal thoughts or urges, talk to a professional immediately. Call the suicide prevention hotline. There is always a reason to keep living. If you are having severe depression, I would also recommend that you talk to a professional, but it helps to talk to the people that are close to you too. Talk to them. If you can't or don't want to talk to them, PM me. Talking to anybody about how you feel, even if it's a stranger, helps tremendously.

BBS Signature

Response to Suicide Discussion 2016-04-24 18:11:57

Sorry @Migashi , but it's not a choice, considering 9 times out of 10, people aren't conscious about their decisions when considering suicide.
http://www.suicide.org/suicide-is-not-a-choice.html

BBS Signature

Response to Suicide Discussion 2016-04-24 18:12:02

At 4/24/16 05:58 PM, FinaLee wrote: The problem with the notion that suicide is associated with weakness is that it shows a fundamental misunderstanding of what suicide actually is. Suicidal urges and thoughts are mental illness conditions, and mental illness conditions should be overseen with professional treatment. If someone dies from cancer, we as a society do not mock or insult the person for being weak and losing their battle with a very serious disease. It is just as ignorant and insensitive to be as dismissive of people who struggle with severe depression and suicidal thoughts.

This is also why allowing some sort of voluntary option for people to end their lives is incredibly dangerous. There are very few people who are of sound mind and believe that their time has come. If you are reading this, chances are that you are not one of these people. There will never, ever be a Futurama suicide machine on the street. This is fiction, and will forever remain so.

I know there are people out there, even in this very forum, who are facing these struggles. If you are having suicidal thoughts or urges, talk to a professional immediately. Call the suicide prevention hotline. There is always a reason to keep living. If you are having severe depression, I would also recommend that you talk to a professional, but it helps to talk to the people that are close to you too. Talk to them. If you can't or don't want to talk to them, PM me. Talking to anybody about how you feel, even if it's a stranger, helps tremendously.

And then after talking to the suicide hotline and being referred to a professional, and after talking to that professional... you realize you can't afford that help, and that that isn't an option to you. Or if it is; prepare for your pharmaceutical feast... because we really in all actuality, despite thinking we know how to, we really don't know much about treating mental illness, or even have a firm grasp on what exactly a healthy mind is.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying suicide is always the right option, but it's most certainly AN option. People complain about abortion by saying "The fetus doesn't get to choose to die..." but it sounds to me like "Nobody has the right to take their own life." That sentiment, in my opinion, is absolute oppression.

BBS Signature

Response to Suicide Discussion 2016-04-24 18:21:15 (edited 2016-04-24 18:28:47)

At 4/24/16 06:11 PM, Eltro2kneo wrote: Sorry @Migashi , but it's not a choice, considering 9 times out of 10, people aren't conscious about their decisions when considering suicide.
http://www.suicide.org/suicide-is-not-a-choice.html

To begin with; you just showed me an article with NO SOURCES on a suicide prevention website. There is already bias.

In addition, the article itself dismisses professional opinions, (openly!)

Many people (including some who are supposed to be "professionals" in the area of suicide, psychology, and religion)
maintain the misguided, ignorant, outdated -- and idiotic -- belief that people "choose" suicide.

(including some who are supposed to be "professionals" in the area of suicide, psychology, and religion)

And who is Kevin Caruso? He doesn't mention anything about being a psychologist, clergyman, or even high-school guidance counselor. This article has absolutely no weight to it. You just jumped on Google and found fluff.

Disclaimer and Terms of Use: Suicide.org is provided for informational and educational purposes only; is not intended to : diagnose or treat suicidal individual; and is not intended to constitute medical advice. While care has been taken in the
preparation of the information contained on Suicide.org, all information is provided on an "as is" basis without any
representation, warranty or condition, whether express or implied, statutory or otherwise, as to: quality; accuracy;
completeness; legality; reliability; efficacy; or fitness for any particular purpose. Anyone using this information does so
at his or her own risk, and by using such information agrees to indemnify Suicide.org and its content providers from any
and all liability, loss, injury, damages, costs and expenses (including legal fees and expenses) arising from such person's
use of the information and resources on this website. Anyone who is suicidal should call 911 now and receive help from
trained mental heath professionals.

...is not intended to constitute medical advice..., all information is provided on an "as is" basis without any
representation, warranty or condition, whether express or implied, statutory or otherwise, as to: quality; accuracy;
completeness; legality; reliability; efficacy; or fitness for any particular purpose.

That article isn't looking to good. Got another?

People who die by suicide are not thinking clearly -- and they cannot possibly think clearly -- because their brain is not functioning properly at the time they pass away from suicide.

Their brain isn't working at all at this point in time.

Their brain is giving them overwhelming signals to die.

My brain is pretty smart. I tend to listen to it.

They have a chemical imbalance in their brain, are in extreme emotional pain, and their mind is saying "you must die by suicide to end this."

Did he just diagnose every suicidal person by saying they have a chemical imbalance... oh this guy is good. Sounds like a ZOLOFT commercial.

BBS Signature

Response to Suicide Discussion 2016-04-24 18:22:33

I wish I had your spirit but there isnt a day in life I thought was worth staying alive for

BBS Signature

Response to Suicide Discussion 2016-04-24 18:28:13

At 4/24/16 04:58 PM, DeftonesFan665 wrote:
It IS a weak move.
How is it a weak move?

It's a weak move because it's based mostly on the fact that they have depression without ever bothering to consider other options. If they were ever on a vegetable state, or can't live with a permanent medical condition that causes perpetual pain, then sure. But if you just live in a shitty town with shitty people, it's not a good enough reason for suicide.

BBS Signature

Response to Suicide Discussion 2016-04-24 18:33:32

At 4/24/16 06:28 PM, Eltro2kneo wrote:
It IS a weak move.
How is it a weak move?
It's a weak move because it's based mostly on the fact that they have depression without ever bothering to consider other options. If they were ever on a vegetable state, or can't live with a permanent medical condition that causes perpetual pain, then sure. But if you just live in a shitty town with shitty people, it's not a good enough reason for suicide.

What about people who have considered other options, who have tried getting professional help, and who still decide suicide is right for them... What if being ostracized and shit on by the people in your community is just as painful to someone as chronic pain?

There you go again assuming people's circumstances based on your own limited knowledge of the world. You don't get to tell people whether or not their reasons for ending THEIR OWN LIFE are good enough... because quite frankly; you don't know what they are dealing with. You aren't them. What you want to do is control people; how they live, and how they die.

You're a sick man.

BBS Signature

Response to Suicide Discussion 2016-04-24 18:38:19 (edited 2016-04-24 18:38:58)

I've dealt with depression of one sort or another my whole life, often suicidal, two attempts. I was a kid and I didn't know what I was doing, but they were genuine. My best friend and ex attempted suicide about two years ago - bought a gun, got stupid-high, and took a tumble down a cliff before getting spotted by the cops. Today she's living in Vegas happier than I am.

I'm not saying that the depression will get easier, and chronic pain or other ailments are a thing, but your urge to do so will disappear, and the ability to resist that urge will improve. You will want to live. Knowing that, why bother? It's just a stupid thought, you'll find something enjoyable in life somewhere, which is all anyone can hope for.

Dealing with suicide is a huge part of why I'm Buddhist, for what it's worth - your suffering is as transient as your life here. Desire for better is as useful to your happiness as filling a bucket next to the ocean. You can dump the bucket out, but the sheer volume of water next to it makes it irrelevant to anything. Knowing that makes enjoying what's in the moment easier. I won't proselytize more than that but it helped me =P

BBS Signature

Response to Suicide Discussion 2016-04-24 18:43:07

It IS a weak move.
How is it a weak move?

So, basically, you think that having depression isn't an acceptable reason for someone to want to kill themselves? You obviously don't know how terrible depression is for some people.

And other options like medication and/or therapy doesn't work for everyone. Some medications for depression may even make a depressed person feel more depressed and/or suicidal.

Your point of view about this just seems uneducated and insulting.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to Suicide Discussion 2016-04-24 18:47:10 (edited 2016-04-24 18:49:16)

At 4/24/16 06:43 PM, DeftonesFan665 wrote: Your point of view about this just seems uneducated and insulting.

And that is precisely why I've been getting so emotional in this thread.

Life is most certainly precious. But so is death; of all the things you don't have control over in your own life... the right to die is one of those that you should, and do possess. And you cannot possibly ever hope to understand that darkness that simply is life for many people.

BBS Signature

Response to Suicide Discussion 2016-04-24 18:52:14 (edited 2016-04-24 18:54:56)

At 4/24/16 06:43 PM, DeftonesFan665 wrote:
So, basically, you think that having depression isn't an acceptable reason for someone to want to kill themselves? You obviously don't know how terrible depression is for some people.

Of course it's not a good reason to kill yourself. If anything, depression, unlike death, is temporary. It's a disease that has a cure, and to say you should kill yourself for being depressed is denying there's a cure for it.

And other options like medication and/or therapy doesn't work for everyone. Some medications for depression may even make a depressed person feel more depressed and/or suicidal.

You're arguing rare cases.

BBS Signature

Response to Suicide Discussion 2016-04-24 18:55:38

At 4/24/16 03:03 PM, BarthoIdi wrote:

people make fun of me all the time

Response to Suicide Discussion 2016-04-24 18:57:27

This, honestly.

BBS Signature