00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

2016 NBA Playoff Thread

3,156 Views | 74 Replies

Response to 2016 NBA Playoff Thread 2016-06-20 02:41:56

Well, so much for the Warrior's historic season. Too bad for them that it ended in a historic choke moment, blowing a 3-1 lead (after overcoming a 3-1 deficit in the conference finals). Congrats to LeBron and Cleveland, you finally made it.

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to 2016 NBA Playoff Thread 2016-06-20 08:37:25

I went to bed assuming that the Cavs would blow it again, but they somehow managed to win when it mattered the most. Of course, when you spend nearly $200 million dollars on your roster, you should win a championship. Regardless, the GS Warriors practically squandered away any discussion of being the best single season team along with all those records, and how ironic it is that they would lose to a Cavs team (and specifically Love and Irving) that barely had a defense to begin with. It's almost like watching a bad sports movie all over again.

So, now that Lebron has a championship for Cleveland, where will he go next?

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to 2016 NBA Playoff Thread 2016-06-20 11:52:16

Come on, you know what's coming!

2016 NBA Playoff Thread

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to 2016 NBA Playoff Thread 2016-06-20 13:00:20

At 6/20/16 11:52 AM, Idiot-Finder wrote: Come on, you know what's coming!

I like that. The 73-9 season is seriously flawed, because they didn't win the championship.
Also, it's nice for me to rememer that one of those 9 losses was against the Pistons. :D

Oh, and one against the Lakers, lol.

Response to 2016 NBA Playoff Thread 2016-06-20 15:10:14

At 6/20/16 08:37 AM, orangebomb wrote:
So, now that Lebron has a championship for Cleveland, where will he go next?

hopefully to the suns to win one for da PHX

BBS Signature

Response to 2016 NBA Playoff Thread 2016-06-20 15:51:40

Wouldn't mind LeBron in Detroit (not going to happen, since they will give Andre a maximum contract). But just imagine, LeBron and Dre. Has CHAMPIONSHIP written all over it.

Response to 2016 NBA Playoff Thread 2016-06-20 17:23:41

I personally won't mind if he joins Chicago and help the Bulls ref their way to their seventh championship, but that's not going to happen since I doubt they have the cap space to even sign him to a year deal.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to 2016 NBA Playoff Thread 2016-06-20 17:52:23

Now people are now comparing Lebron to MJ again, and while it isn't as farfecthed as it was back then, can we please not put him on that level just yet? He might be on the level of a Larry Bird, Hakeem or even Kobe, (though that's a stretch) in terms of accomplishments, but he is no MJ, Magic or Russell.

This is virtually the same argument that we made when GS went 73-9 and declaring them the best team ever in a season, and look how that went. To be fair, the officiating and injuries didn't do them any favors, regardless of which, they still lost a 3-1 lead to an inferior team, that's not something to brush by easily.

BBS Signature

Response to 2016 NBA Playoff Thread 2016-06-21 02:13:31

At 6/20/16 05:52 PM, orangebomb wrote: Now people are now comparing Lebron to MJ again, and while it isn't as farfecthed as it was back then, can we please not put him on that level just yet? He might be on the level of a Larry Bird, Hakeem or even Kobe, (though that's a stretch) in terms of accomplishments, but he is no MJ, Magic or Russell.

Well, I would also love to see Curry in Detroit, but that's just as unlikely to happen. ;)
I didn't compare LJ to MJ, I was just stating that he's a pretty good player who can help any team he plays for.

Response to 2016 NBA Playoff Thread 2016-06-21 10:47:53 (edited 2016-06-21 10:56:27)

At 6/20/16 05:52 PM, orangebomb wrote: Now people are now comparing Lebron to MJ again, and while it isn't as farfecthed as it was back then, can we please not put him on that level just yet? He might be on the level of a Larry Bird, Hakeem or even Kobe, (though that's a stretch) in terms of accomplishments, but he is no MJ, Magic or Russell.

Yeah it didn't take long as the media and Lebrontards went and start doing what they do best, declaring Lebron is as good as or even better than Jordan by using partial facts and twist it to serve their arguments.

It makes me want to perform a shooting incident myself.

Also...

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to 2016 NBA Playoff Thread 2016-07-04 14:58:00 (edited 2016-07-04 15:09:50)

I know the Finals have been over for some time now but remember when people outside of Miami were pissed when Lebron made his decision to take his talents to South Beach?

Guess what Durant's doing?

I know I can't blame Lebron and Durant for doing what they did since I'd do the same thing if being placed in their position but still, it's pretty disappointing. In a sense Durant's case was probably worse since Lebron does have a more legitimate excuse to jump ship, he was almost a one man show in his first stint with the Cavs. Durant on the other hand...just wow.

I wonder if Durant will get the flack that Lebron had in 2010, though the way Lebron did it was dickish however.

Also the Bulls decides to sign Rajon Woundo...ugh.

Looks like I'll never get to see title number 7.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to 2016 NBA Playoff Thread 2016-07-04 17:36:35

At 7/4/16 02:58 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: I know the Finals have been over for some time now but remember when people outside of Miami were pissed when Lebron made his decision to take his talents to South Beach?

Guess what Durant's doing?

The only difference between Durant and Lebron is that the former didn't need an hour long special to tell where he was going. Still, a franchise player is going to make headlines when he leaves.

I know I can't blame Lebron and Durant for doing what they did since I'd do the same thing if being placed in their position but still, it's pretty disappointing. In a sense Durant's case was probably worse since Lebron does have a more legitimate excuse to jump ship, he was almost a one man show in his first stint with the Cavs. Durant on the other hand...just wow.

Honestly, I was completely shocked when Kevin decided to take his talents to The Bay, considering both he and OKC tried everything to make it work there. Unlike Cleveland, OKC does have some talent to whether the storm with Westbrook, Adams and now Oladipo. Without Durant however, the Thunder has went from championship contention to 4-6 seed range in the West, and there is no guarantee that Westbrook will stay put in OKC after next year.

Somehow, this kind of reminds me of the Sacramento Kings in the early 00's, got so close, but slowly dismantled themselves.

I wonder if Durant will get the flack that Lebron had in 2010, though the way Lebron did it was dickish however.

He'll get some, but maybe not as much considering that there was no hour long special nor is there a smoke and light show like the Heat did when they got Bosh and Lebron. It's disappointing to see Durant leave OKC and all that talent like that, the only defense I can come up with is that with Westbrook constant need for the ball, he probably got tired of being second fiddle to him. Not that it means much considering that he'll probably be second fiddle to Curry, though with Curry's injury history, it's a wait and see situation.

Also the Bulls decides to sign Rajon Woundo...ugh.

Looks like I'll never get to see title number 7.

For the time being, we pretty much gave up on being title contenders. Frankly though, Bulls fans were more relieved that Rose and Noah left for New York and start from scratch with Butler at the helm, if a little disappointed. As for Rondo, well, I can't really expect much from him.

IDK how long this thread is going to be active, so I'll leave with these questions, KD signed a 2-year deal with the Warriors, what is the minimum in order to ultimately consider this move to be a success for both parties, and will KD get a change of heart after those 2 years and go back to OKC?

BBS Signature

Response to 2016 NBA Playoff Thread 2016-07-08 16:23:11

Looks like the Bulls didn't completely gave up yet as they signed Wade to a two year contract. I still have a mixed feeling about this mainly because this season is the first time he played 70 games in a while. If he knees holds up, he can be a huge help but the question is for how long?

Wished Gasol have stayed, he had been really good for us during the time we had him.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to 2016 NBA Playoff Thread 2016-07-08 16:55:07

At 7/8/16 04:23 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: Looks like the Bulls didn't completely gave up yet as they signed Wade to a two year contract. I still have a mixed feeling about this mainly because this season is the first time he played 70 games in a while. If he knees holds up, he can be a huge help but the question is for how long?

Furthermore, all of their acquisitions they have aren't good from the 3-point line, even though Wade did get much better in the playoffs. This wouldn't be much of a problem if we had that lockdown defense, but without it, it won't be easy. I will say that the Bulls have gone from dead in the water right back to ECF contender, and maybe a championship contender if the Cavs get all fat and happy with steal... err, winning just one title, which they probably will.

It all depends on Wade's health during the stretch.

Wished Gasol have stayed, he had been really good for us during the time we had him.

Robin Lopez is a decent replacement, though he certainly doesn't have the skills that Gasol has.

BBS Signature

Response to 2016 NBA Playoff Thread 2016-09-07 23:25:32 (edited 2016-09-07 23:27:12)

https://www.yahoo.com/news/richard-jefferson-immediately-regretted-leaking-001018915.html

Seems to me that Richard Jefferson couldn't wait to show off the ring and leaked it.

Good to see what it'll look like since I always like to see the designs of championship rings. Would have loved to see one for the seventh ring for Chicago...

Sigh

Please subscribe

BBS Signature