00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

How Does the Internet Work?

610 Views | 6 Replies

I've tried Googling this and haven't really found a good answer. I understand a device connects to a router and then a modem. From that, I assume the phone line connects them to some kind of internet tower, and then maybe a satellite? This is the part I'm not sure about. From there, it should have to connect to the server of whatever website you visit, but how does a server differentiate from a user? I would guess it's just a big box of data that interfaces with users via the connection, but I've never had any of this confirmed. I feel stupid.

In other words, I'm also curious as to how vulnerable the internet is. You could hypothetically destroy a website by taking down its physical server and all of its backups, but this would be extremely hard to do. But entire regions depend on the towers, and ALL of these connections would depend on the satellites?

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Response to How Does the Internet Work? 2016-04-07 22:40:10

Response to How Does the Internet Work? 2016-04-08 01:18:56

Internet flows on the Aether.

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to How Does the Internet Work? 2016-04-08 14:07:30

No one knows.

How Does the Internet Work?

Response to How Does the Internet Work? 2016-04-08 14:24:39

The Rings of Saturn transmit numerous levels of frequencies that trap or minds from our true potential.
This is known as the world wide web.
It is a lower form of an intergalactic telecommunications.
The internet is merely a distorted image of the virtual reality we know as our daily lives.

Response to How Does the Internet Work? 2016-04-08 16:12:17

At 4/8/16 03:39 PM, usgurshaan178 wrote: Nonsensical bullshit

Hey I just make the claims, ok.
It's somebody else's jobs to validate them.

Response to How Does the Internet Work? 2016-04-09 20:37:35

It's basically a combined effort of everything being all connected and conforming to the same protocols so everything can send and receive data in an understandableformat