00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

When flagging stolen content...

474 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

When flagging stolen content... 2016-03-28 16:57:34

I'd like to know if someone posts almost an entire song without editing it in their video, am I obliged to flag it? I don't wanna be a d*ck or anything. I'm sure people made a topic like this, but I didn't really look.

Response to When flagging stolen content... 2016-03-28 22:09:14

for songs used in movies and games? No that's not 'theft' as long as the submitter has given proper attribution to the artist of the song. Even if it's something like a commercial song it's pretty much safe as 'fair use' under the law. But that doesn't mean a record company won't submit a DCMA claim and make it a giant pain in the ass for the site/submitter of the movie (even though you could fight it and win doesn't mean that you necessarily can afford the legal fees to do it. sucks, but that's how it works, sadly) That's why it's best to use Audio Portal music if you can.

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic by Pingu ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature

Response to When flagging stolen content... 2016-04-22 07:42:41

Can't you use nearly any song for non-commercial use, and use use any copyrighted song if you use ads to pay the owner, including movies and TV Shows?

Response to When flagging stolen content... 2016-04-22 08:40:18

At 4/22/16 07:42 AM, bj007pro wrote: Can't you use nearly any song for non-commercial use, and use use any copyrighted song if you use ads to pay the owner, including movies and TV Shows?

I'm gonna let audio mods take this one. Just because it's non commercial, doesn't necessarily mean free use I would imagine. I'm interested in this as well.

@NekoMika

NG Review Moderator // Pm me for Review Abuse

BBS Signature