00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Revised favorites system

278 Views | 3 Replies

I was trying to sort my favorites out recently, until I realized it's gotten to the point where I kind of have [u]a lot[/u] of favorites....
It takes time to scroll and stuff.

I like how NG has a very unique game favorites page, but I think allowing categorization without having each game move to the left and the right whenever you moved anything would be nice.

NG has one of the best pages out the on the internet (save the fact that I think the old portals were better), but ehhhhh the favorites system requires me to do a ctrl+f. The main issue with it is truly that moving games around moves EVERYTHING ELSE. If it were just a long list, even that would be fine, as long as moving one item didn't change the position of another.

I hope there are some upcoming plans for that.

BBS Signature

Response to Revised favorites system 2016-03-25 22:37:21

Perhaps having the favorites section be sorted by rating (E, T, M, & A) would help matters.

Response to Revised favorites system 2016-03-25 22:40:37

How exactly do you move one element of a list to another element's position without either deleting the previous element at that location or else shifting everything else to a new position?

That's like packing boxes and wondering why you can't put your Lucky Star anime figurine collection inside of a box that's already full of your Yu Yu Hakusho tee-shirts without moving all of your tee-shirts to a new box.

Response to Revised favorites system 2016-03-25 23:39:42

You can click and drag them to your preferred locations and then refresh the page to fix the numbering.

So you could put all games of a particular kind of game together, etc...

You could have all the puzzle games in one section, all the action games in another, arcade style games in another, mouse-heavy games in another, and so on.

Just click-and-drag. Try it. It works.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here