00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

READ THIS EVERYONE

995 Views | 4 Replies

READ THIS EVERYONE 2001-09-12 09:52:16

As taken from my site:

This is the purest form of my inner rage. You do not want to see me right now. If you crossed me, right now, in person - I don’t know what I would do.

I heard about the attacks on the U.S. at work today. At first I heard that a plane crashed into the World Trade Center. I found this to be interesting. Then I heard that two crashed. And then I heard that the World Trade Center was no more. That is when things started to go all wrong.

I’m the type of person that all these reclusive introverts want to be. I have no sentimentality. No deep emotions. I’m almost on the level of an animal - I live to serve my needs at the time. However, my lack of personal emotions has been replaced by other things. I’m empathic. I can feel what you feel. I seem to be able to sense others’ emotions better than most people...in such a way as that I feel them like they are my own. Perhaps it is just a way of myself making up for what I don’t feel. I don’t know. And I also have an honor system based on repercussion and logic. That explains everything. The “monk.“ The reason why I say whatever I feel like without worrying about the “emotional strain that it can cause on our relationship.“ Everything. That’s the best way I can explain myself.

Don’t believe me? I don’t care.

For someone so unemotional, it is a rare time in which I feel strong emotions. Yet, on 9/11/01, I did. I almost cried. Almost. I wanted to, but I could not.

Looking back on the day’s events, I feel that it was a mix of everything. I felt like I could feel the fear of the people in the World Trade Center as they realized that yes, they were going to DIE. Can you imagine what kind of mentality it would take for someone to jump from the top of one of the largest buildings in the world? Well, plenty of people did just that. I felt the pain and confusion of some of the people that I discussed the tragedy with. And even worse, I saw the future. The ramifications that this could have on the entire world.

On message boards, in chat rooms, in the online world in general - people like to pretend like they’re so “wise” and “logical.” They preach their philosophical bullshit as if they were the psychological geniuses of the 21st century -and will defend it to no end if you question them. They claim to be so un-racist, so humanitarian, so “above the rest of humankind.” And then something like this happens. Then you see their true colors.

The bombing of the World Trade Center and Washington (as well as the plane that went down that the media likes to gloss over ) was a tragic event, and a disgusting act on the part of the terrorists themselves. No one is denying that. However, to answer that with a “kill all the Arabs” sentiment is even more disgusting when it comes from people who claim to be so damn superior to the rest of humankind.

The media is at the head of this. They show Palestinians parading in the streets in order to get the general populace riled up. “Those evil Palestinians, look at them mock AMERICA!”

WHY do you think that they would react like that?! Perhaps because they have been taught that America is the source of their problems? Imagine feeling as mad as you did about the bombing EVERY DAY FOR YOUR ENTIRE LIFE.

Yes, it is wrong to mock death. I am not sympathizing with that. What I AM doing is notifying you that some of you are doing the same thing.

With this bombing, the United States will surely counterattack. They’ll be “making a point.” They could just get the people responsible, but that will not appease the general populace. No, what we need is a WAR.

I don’t get into politics, but it’s pretty much obvious to anyone that Bush has wanted to start a war ever since he decided to run for president. Well, now he’s got it, AND he’s got the general American populace behind him.
Now we get the chance to see the U.S. retaliate by destroying more property, taking more lives... lives of the people that FEEL THE VERY SAME WAY THAT YOU ARE FEELING TODAY.

It’s two sides of the same coin, people. Despite what has been fed to you your whole lives, America is NOT the perfect country. Our governmental system is NOT necessarily better than everyone else’s. This country kills, maim and hurt other countries daily. We just don’t hear about it because that’s not what the media wants us to hear. And if you believe that this “land of the free, home of the brave” is all that it claims to be, you are surely mistaken.

To take a morally superior side, to support the killing of people who were not directly involved, to feel hate for people of Middle Eastern descent living in this country currently is the same mob mentality that some of you so vehemently speak out against. It is DISGUSTING to see so many react in this way. You, who have fallen into this mold are a bunch of sheep. You disgust me.

I always wondered about the mentality of wars. I understood it, yes, but I never FELT it. Now, I can truly say that I understand it completely. Perhaps to a higher degree than I thought possible since this is the possibly the most devastating attack on America EVER, and may prove to be THE turning point of history in the making.

If people would just stop feeding into media government filtered nonsense and think for themselves for once, perhaps so many would not have to die. Have you ever thought about what would happen if BOTH sides of a conflict came to this realization?

But, I am afraid, the emotions and sentimentality have taken over. This country wants blood, and the more foreigners that are sacrificed to the god of war, the better. And hey, while were at it, let’s release some of that racism that we claimed not to possess.

It was a disgusting tragedy, yes, but do not forget that these atrocities are committed on a smaller scale daily - some of which are perpetrated by your very own country. And do not allow the media to twist your emotions...no one save some of the people in charge (and maybe not even them) know WHAT happened. But you knew that already, right? You sure used to claim to.

Response to READ THIS EVERYONE 2001-09-12 11:58:42

Society gave us 2 words I've always hated : "racism" and "prejudice". I like the word discrimination, I just don't like the bad idea people have been brainwashed with, over time.

according to webster here's the definition of these terms
------------------------------------------------------

RACISM: a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

PREJUDICE: 2 a (1) : preconceived judgment or opinion (2) : an adverse opinion or leaning formed without just grounds or before sufficient knowledge b : an instance of such judgment or opinion c : an irrational attitude of hostility directed against an individual, a group, a race, or their supposed characteristics

DISCRIMINATION: 1 a : the act of discriminating b : the process by which two stimuli differing in some aspect are responded to differently
2 : the quality or power of finely distinguishing
3 a : the act, practice, or an instance of discriminating categorically rather than individually b : prejudiced or prejudicial outlook, action, or treatment <racial discrimination>

The term "racism" doesnt apply. If we hate and kill palestinians because one some of their similars decided to take action against us (in the case where all the terrosists WERE palestinians), then we are aiming at a group that's more likely to cause the problem. Palestine is not all arabs, per instance. If they were to kill all arabs, that would be an action against a race.

The term "prejudice" applies here tough but it's shady. When they guessed it was all about palestinians, they judged without prooves. But what about having them fest in the streets? Is that really an irrationnal attitude? And seems like they were actually right from I read and see. When a certain group has caused enough trouble that you can guess, and with reason, they are the culprit, then, in my opinion, it's not really a prejudice. It's a post-judice.

In my opinion, Bush "discriminated" tough. Then again, I don't think discriminating is a bad thing as long as it's founded. These guys were (probably) part of a same religion, group, ethny or race, or at least something linked them together. Discrimination what links them together is what's happening here. Founded discrimination is nothing more than logic and truth. Discriminating blue from red when your blind is an unfounded discrimination. That is not the case here. Bush is not blind, neither am I and I can clearly see the contrast. And to add to that, these guys made a fucking huge contrast and even more : that was the goal. They want to be discriminated. They want to be noticed.

And also, I've noticed the overusage of the word "racism". People should be reminded that culutre is not race. Religion is not race. Accent is not race.

These were my most honnest thoughts.

How do you get POWERS?

Response to READ THIS EVERYONE 2001-09-12 12:00:02

Oh and another thing.. having a bad opinion on a certain race is racism. But having a good opinion on a certain race is also racism.

How do you get POWERS?

Response to READ THIS EVERYONE 2001-09-12 14:12:06

However, people with ingrained racist feelings are using this as an excuse to express them. Have you been listening to some of these people?

Response to READ THIS EVERYONE 2001-09-12 18:38:58

I heard that the people rejoycing were a small minority that didn't know what was exactly going on.