00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Schwicky just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What's the worst book you've read

1,171 Views | 15 Replies

What's the worst book you've read 2016-03-21 13:04:22

Personally, I thought The Alchemist was just shit.
Go ahead and post a pic of the book if you want.

Any fantasy fiction book. Historical books are my drift.

BBS Signature

Response to What's the worst book you've read 2016-03-21 14:38:08

A book I read in middleschool called "The Last Book in the Universe". It was a coming of age story set in a post-apocalyptic future. Sound familiar?

One day everybody in the world decides reading is too much work and they take to injecting heroin needles into their temples to trigger hallucinations instead. Some kid goes on an adventure with a girl, an old man, and a boy who can only say "Chox". I forget why they go on the adventure though. They sort of just start walking. Anyway, they find a garden hidden behind a wall and discover an abandoned library with a single book, aptly named "The Book".
Suddenly everyone on the planet knows about the book and they destroy the garden, tear up & eat the book, then tie the old man to a truck and have him dragged to death. It was a pretty gruesome death for something intended for 12-year-olds.
The kids have to flee town. I think the boy says a platitude about hoping for the future. I don't think they mentioned what was written in "The Book" but if it wasn't a piece of religious text it was probably a blank diary and the kid was supposed to write his own story.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to What's the worst book you've read 2016-03-21 14:53:22

At 3/21/16 01:04 PM, RocketHorse wrote: Personally, I thought The Alchemist was just shit.
Go ahead and post a pic of the book if you want.

worst book i have ever read in highschool, so convoluted and the ending was terrible

Response to What's the worst book you've read 2016-03-21 14:55:37

At 3/21/16 02:21 PM, SithCorduroy wrote: Richard Laymon novels are so fucking stupid, but so entertaining in their stupidity.

wow...

wow

Response to What's the worst book you've read 2016-03-21 15:02:47

At 3/21/16 01:57 PM, supergandhi64 wrote: what kind of f*cking nerds waste time reading books

I know right, thats for like old people and sh*t

Response to What's the worst book you've read 2016-03-21 15:34:42

At 3/21/16 03:25 PM, SithCorduroy wrote:
At 3/21/16 02:55 PM, RocketHorse wrote:
At 3/21/16 02:21 PM, SithCorduroy wrote: Richard Laymon novels are so fucking stupid, but so entertaining in their stupidity.
wow...

wow
Yep.

Laymon is a great author to read if you really like reading about graphic rape.

There are creatures in his "Beast House" series that can only be described as rape monsters.

who the fuck approves the publishing for books like that? Like where do you find a publisher that will open a book up. look through it and say "Wow, I love all the ferocious rape! This is amazing and needs to be published!"

Response to What's the worst book you've read 2016-03-21 15:37:38

At 3/21/16 02:38 PM, Chdonga wrote: A book I read in middleschool called "The Last Book in the Universe". It was a coming of age story set in a post-apocalyptic future. Sound familiar?

inside the book was simply "seinfeld bassline"

Response to What's the worst book you've read 2016-03-21 17:01:10

All of em

Response to What's the worst book you've read 2016-03-21 17:21:11

I typically don't finish books I don't like, so maybe it's not fair for me to say I dislike the Bible and Twilight, Some of the books required for school were pretty obnoxious. Tangerine was superbly boring, while To Kill a Mockingbird seemed almost pretentious.

At 3/21/16 01:54 PM, Hoodie wrote: The Eyes of the Dragon by Stephen King.

It's rare that I ever hear someone mention this book. I thought it was interesting, but I was also 13 when I read it. More than anything else it came off as a kid's fairy tale, if somewhat darker - but not horrible.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Response to What's the worst book you've read 2016-03-21 17:37:53

One of the required books in high school was the type that is marketed solely towards women. You know, the kind with the frilly, flowing font and the forgettable cover image that has nothing to do with the book. The whole book was basically a giant vagina fest where a woman decides that she has to adopt this kid for no reason. In the mean time, a bunch of completely mundane stuff happens and the main character makes a big deal out of every stubbed toe she gets.

Another of the books was about a guy who is on death row, so the man's mother and aunt WHO ONLY KNOWS THE PHRASE "he don gotta do it" send a teacher to educate him, but then someone finds out that [SIRENS INTENSIFY] the teacher is a CONFIRMED ATHEIST and everyone starts to sh*t all over him before calling in a priest instead, despite the fact that the man who's actually going to die wants to see the teacher instead, not the priest.

Another was a book about a guy whose son was dying of some kind of rare disease. There's not much I can say about this one because it's essentially a few hundred pages of the author being sad and talking about how his kid was literally the next Da Vinci.

IIRC all three of these were assigned by the same teacher. An English teacher who completely turned her nose up at classic literature. She probably would have had us reading 50 Shades of Grey if that book had already been published when I took the class.

Response to What's the worst book you've read 2016-03-21 17:48:39

You've been warned, by James Patterson

Pile of shit, doesnt even come close to describing this book

The Last of the Mohicans. Verbose doesn't even begin to describe it. Never again.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

At 3/21/16 05:37 PM, Bit wrote: IIRC all three of these were assigned by the same teacher. An English teacher who completely turned her nose up at classic literature. She probably would have had us reading 50 Shades of Grey if that book had already been published when I took the class.

those all sound like str8 ass

Response to What's the worst book you've read 2016-04-09 22:16:54

Had to read "The Great Gatsby" in high school. I fucking hated reading that boring ass book. I wasn't the only one that hated it, like 95% of the class hated it too. Each page felt like it took an hour to get through.

Response to What's the worst book you've read 2016-04-10 01:40:13

The Seduction of Anita Sarkeesian.

BBS Signature