00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Talking to Video Games

2,802 Views | 32 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Talking to Video Games 2016-03-18 11:06:29

Do you ever talk to the hero of a game? Yell at him, or praise him? What do you say when a game freezes or you die out of nowhere? Do you ever sing along to a game's songs?

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Talking to Video Games 2016-03-19 08:03:41

I thrash talk a lot when I play games, and when I lose I can get awfully sore and yell a lot. Seriously it can get pretty ugly.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to Talking to Video Games 2016-03-19 12:47:28

At 3/18/16 11:16 AM, Dr1fterX wrote: I talked to Mass Effect 3 last night. Pretty interesting VG. We have a lot of things in common.

Sounds like you two will have a great time together.

BBS Signature

Response to Talking to Video Games 2016-04-06 15:44:17

At 3/18/16 02:13 PM, zornuzkull wrote: Only when I'm drunk...

What do you say? Positive or negative things?

BBS Signature

Response to Talking to Video Games 2016-04-10 04:36:12

Always have. I've sworn when my character falls through the floor where they leave the level and I have to restart. Still enjoy telling my foes to die in various words.
When I played Family Feud on my Sega Genesis my mother would yell out answers during the games turn and it would always be what the game came up with for the answer. I yelled at my mother each time to stop helping the game out.

Response to Talking to Video Games 2016-04-10 09:18:33

At 3/19/16 08:03 AM, Mismo wrote: I thrash talk a lot when I play games, and when I lose I can get awfully sore and yell a lot. Seriously it can get pretty ugly.

Same here. If I'm playing a fast-paced game and get killed from lag or a projectile that came from nowhere, I'll groan about it long enough for it to distract me.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Talking to Video Games 2016-04-10 09:40:43

Sure, sometimes. But not out loud, just in my head most of the time.

TracyJackson

-EcG member for CSGO-

Attorney, Gamer, Sport Fan, PhD student (future Senator, maybe?)

Response to Talking to Video Games 2016-04-10 11:48:46

i don't usually talk, i'm also not one to move their body/hands when i want the controller to do something. when i do talk, it's usually when there's a glitch or something cheap happens, then it's cursing.

when i play gta though, i sometimes talk shit to the game. kinda fun to play along and be my own brand of psycho.

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to Talking to Video Games 2016-04-10 14:52:04

At 3/18/16 04:26 PM, Hoodie wrote: I talk as the guy.

For both good and bad things? It seems that most people only complain when they talk during a video games.

BBS Signature

Response to Talking to Video Games 2016-04-10 15:02:18

I'll bitch about things that piss me off, but that's about it.

"It's called consolidation; strengthen governments and corporations, weaken individuals."

I also draw stuff. Here's some of it.

BBS Signature

Response to Talking to Video Games 2016-04-10 18:16:47

At 3/19/16 08:03 AM, Mismo wrote: I thrash talk a lot when I play games, and when I lose I can get awfully sore and yell a lot. Seriously it can get pretty ugly.

That must be fun to watch and hear. Ever thought of recording it?

BBS Signature

Response to Talking to Video Games 2016-04-23 10:54:16

At 4/10/16 04:36 AM, Teddynotes wrote: Always have. I've sworn when my character falls through the floor where they leave the level and I have to restart. Still enjoy telling my foes to die in various words.
When I played Family Feud on my Sega Genesis my mother would yell out answers during the games turn and it would always be what the game came up with for the answer. I yelled at my mother each time to stop helping the game out.

You played Family Feud on Sega? Yelling at your mom for helping the game is hilarious.

BBS Signature

Response to Talking to Video Games 2016-04-25 02:13:15

At 4/23/16 10:54 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 4/10/16 04:36 AM, Teddynotes wrote: Always have. I've sworn when my character falls through the floor where they leave the level and I have to restart. Still enjoy telling my foes to die in various words.
You played Family Feud on Sega? Yelling at your mom for helping the game is hilarious.

Yes I did. I still have the cartridge somewhere but doubt it works anymore. It is funny now but at the time I was pissed off when she did it.

Response to Talking to Video Games 2016-04-25 10:45:38

At 4/10/16 09:18 AM, Chdonga wrote: Same here. If I'm playing a fast-paced game and get killed from lag or a projectile that came from nowhere, I'll groan about it long enough for it to distract me.

What types of groans do you say? Are you mad at your character or the game itself?

BBS Signature

Response to Talking to Video Games 2016-05-10 10:00:16

Only in Hey You Pikachu.

Response to Talking to Video Games 2016-05-10 10:44:12

At 4/10/16 09:40 AM, EcG-TracyJackson wrote: Sure, sometimes. But not out loud, just in my head most of the time.

Talking in your head is thinking. lol

BBS Signature

Response to Talking to Video Games 2016-05-10 12:50:16

At 4/10/16 11:48 AM, billybobthwarten wrote: when i do talk, it's usually when there's a glitch or something cheap happens, then it's cursing.
when i play gta though, i sometimes talk shit to the game. kinda fun to play along and be my own brand of psycho.

Nobody likes a glitch. You should enjoy yourself while playing a game.

BBS Signature

Response to Talking to Video Games 2016-05-10 21:25:33

the height of it is usually just shouting "FUCK" after dying

"Death upon death... Nothing but death in this barren land. Who can we pray to? There are only demons and fiends here."

~The Journal of a Man Who Wandered into Another World

BBS Signature

Response to Talking to Video Games 2016-05-10 23:51:05

At 4/10/16 03:02 PM, YonusBahtzee wrote: I'll bitch about things that piss me off, but that's about it.

That is normal. Anything in particular that you would say?

BBS Signature

Response to Talking to Video Games 2016-05-11 00:30:00 (edited 2016-05-11 00:30:34)

At 5/10/16 11:51 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 4/10/16 03:02 PM, YonusBahtzee wrote: I'll bitch about things that piss me off, but that's about it.
That is normal. Anything in particular that you would say?

A good 75% of Borderlands 2's game mechanics are fucking bullshit.

or at least that's what I tell myself when I'm upset that I can't kill Master Gee in under an hour.

"It's called consolidation; strengthen governments and corporations, weaken individuals."

I also draw stuff. Here's some of it.

BBS Signature

Response to Talking to Video Games 2016-05-11 12:51:41

At 5/10/16 10:00 AM, NanoRim wrote: Only in Hey You Pikachu.

What did you say to that game?

BBS Signature

Response to Talking to Video Games 2016-05-11 13:06:12

I normally commentate when I play FIFA. If that's what you mean?

Response to Talking to Video Games 2016-05-11 13:37:26

At 5/10/16 12:17 PM, mysticvortex13 wrote: sometimes i do the mime emotes along with the player character, other times if i'm knocked to the floor as the player character i inexplicably reel backwards in real life and fall to the ground.

The game makes you physically move? That is hilarious and awesome.

BBS Signature

Response to Talking to Video Games 2016-05-14 15:35:26

I do a quite a bit of self talk or use my inner voice to my video games if there is any need to do some problem solving or as I'm even trying to wrap my head around the politics,motivations or story behind certain games ,any game that requires a reaction makes it good.

Response to Talking to Video Games 2016-05-14 19:08:54

At 5/14/16 02:57 PM, ZeldaKnightmare wrote: I talk to my games all the time.

Do you have conversations, or just say things when something happens?

BBS Signature

Response to Talking to Video Games 2016-05-16 11:42:23

The only thing I say to them is fuck you.

my sig has fighters in it bitches

BBS Signature

Response to Talking to Video Games 2016-05-16 11:59:36

At 3/19/16 08:03 AM, CaptainCunt wrote: I thrash talk a lot when I play games, and when I lose I can get awfully sore and yell a lot. Seriously it can get pretty ugly.

Same here. That's what I meant in the other thread when I said "I don't like to get mad at games".

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Talking to Video Games 2016-05-16 12:16:49

At 5/16/16 11:59 AM, Haggard wrote:
At 3/19/16 08:03 AM, CaptainCunt wrote: I thrash talk a lot when I play games, and when I lose I can get awfully sore and yell a lot. Seriously it can get pretty ugly.
Same here. That's what I meant in the other thread when I said "I don't like to get mad at games".

It can be healthy to express your angry, but some people take it too far.

BBS Signature

Response to Talking to Video Games 2016-05-16 16:32:35

Some of the shit I've said when playing video games is pretty dark. I'm the kind of guy who will do everything in my power to try and force my morals upon my character, and try to at least make some minor choices. I dick around with video games, but I guess that comes with having the mind of a writer mixed with insanity.

Response to Talking to Video Games 2016-05-16 17:53:58

I love to talk with someone about games! When someone says to me 'Wat's your favourite hero from ...' I am always blcking!
When I play a game with heroes I spent time with all of them! So is hard to choise a hero from 100.
If my computer see a virus and it lost the battle while I play a game , I try to fix that error. I feel so bad 'cause I know that my computer will die 'cause a stupid virus hates me! I am say 'come on , come on!' but nothing is happening ...
And I love to sing! I am a good singer but I can't sing low notes so I like happy games 'cause the music don't want to leave from my brain so the king of music who I want in my brain are happy , modern and electronic!
Everyday I wake up and while I am cleaning me I also sing gaming music ( electronic and happy ) !!!