00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

novaruah just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Supporter Forum 2016-03-15 15:07:32

So i was thinking about this and thought it might be a good idea as another perk for being a supporter, is that supporters get their own forum. Might actually weed out the unhelpful responses that some people get around here in regards to topic.

I dunno just an idea

Response to Supporter Forum 2016-03-15 16:14:35

As long as what happened to Something Awful doesn't happen here, it would be fun.

Be nice to have a place to talk smack about people. :3

Response to Supporter Forum 2016-03-16 13:26:42

At 3/15/16 04:14 PM, someaveragechap wrote: As long as what happened to Something Awful doesn't happen here, it would be fun.

What happened to SA?

I've always supported this idea as a cool supporter perk.

Response to Supporter Forum 2016-03-16 17:39:13 (edited 2016-03-16 17:39:52)

At 3/16/16 01:26 PM, BrenTheMan wrote:
At 3/15/16 04:14 PM, someaveragechap wrote: As long as what happened to Something Awful doesn't happen here, it would be fun.

What happened to SA?

I've always supported this idea as a cool supporter perk.

You have to pay to post or read their forums.

Response to Supporter Forum 2016-03-17 00:36:22

On the one hand, it would be nice if supporters got extra perks. If they're paying money, it seems fair after all.

On the other hand, I could see this potentially leading to fracturing of the boards -- namely duplicate topics appearing in both the supporter area and other area(s) due to people not knowing a topic already exists.

It might could work if the supporter area allows topics that aren't allowed elsewhere as that addresses the "but what if everything just gets dup'd?" angle. But what would be allowed there that wouldn't be allowed elsewhere?

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Supporter Forum 2016-03-17 06:18:58

Why not! :D All supporter-only perks sound like good ideas, though I'm not sure it'd actually use a Supporter forum more than the regular one. Not unless everybody's a Supporter, in which case the regular forum would become somewhat superfluous anyway...

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Supporter Forum 2016-03-17 18:03:15 (edited 2016-03-17 18:03:30)

I like the idea, maybe a trial run first to make sure it all works well would be a good plan.

Heavy Vibes

BBS Signature

Response to Supporter Forum 2016-04-03 18:21:09

Good points however this wouldn't be about "fracturing" the user base if anything it will give supporters who don't use the BBS an incentive to visit. Because let's see of the hundreds of supporters how many of them actually use the forums?

And most new people get scared out of general with the asshattery that goes on.

Response to Supporter Forum 2016-04-03 19:56:56

I think it's a good idea. There is a forum for most shit so adding another incentive to be a supporter is ncie.

However, will that concept alone be enough to make someone be a supporter? Probably not.

Just looking at it from the casual user stand point.

NG Review Moderator // Pm me for Review Abuse

BBS Signature

Response to Supporter Forum 2016-04-03 21:14:08

At 4/3/16 06:21 PM, FoAngel wrote: Good points however this wouldn't be about "fracturing" the user base if anything it will give supporters who don't use the BBS an incentive to visit. Because let's see of the hundreds of supporters how many of them actually use the forums?

And most new people get scared out of general with the asshattery that goes on.

Exactly.

At 4/3/16 07:56 PM, kidray76 wrote: However, will that concept alone be enough to make someone be a supporter? Probably not.

Yeah to me it's not about that one thing, but all incentives together. It'd be nice if we had a few dozen ore more supporter incentives at some point.

Response to Supporter Forum 2016-04-04 09:28:02

At 4/3/16 06:21 PM, FoAngel wrote: And most new people get scared out of general with the asshattery that goes on.

The asshattery that goes on in General is exactly what I like about this place.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Supporter Forum 2016-04-04 15:08:04

At 4/3/16 07:56 PM, kidray76 wrote: However, will that concept alone be enough to make someone be a supporter? Probably not.
Yeah to me it's not about that one thing, but all incentives together. It'd be nice if we had a few dozen ore more supporter incentives at some point.

I think your last sentence could happen as things are discussed and explored more. Just given this is primarily free website to artists and users, coming up with things which a person will pay for will be a slight challenge, but possible.

NG Review Moderator // Pm me for Review Abuse

BBS Signature