00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Lays Flavor Swap

1,598 Views | 12 Replies

Lays Flavor Swap 2016-02-21 11:17:21

Here are the flavors for Lays' 2016 Flavor Swap. Which ones are your favorite? Personally, I want Korean Barbeque and Smoked Gouda and Chive to win over the long time running Honey BBQ and Cheddar and Sour Cream flavors.

Lays Flavor Swap

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to Lays Flavor Swap 2016-02-21 11:28:39

At 2/21/16 11:27 AM, Homicidee wrote: I really want the Flamin hot lays to stay! Those are the only lay's brand chips I could enjoy.

I still need to try that one and the Fiery Roasted Habanero ones. I have a feeling the Habanero ones will be better, though.

BBS Signature

Response to Lays Flavor Swap 2016-02-21 11:38:53

I haven't had Lays in forever because I consume superior chip products

Lays Flavor Swap

BBS Signature

Response to Lays Flavor Swap 2016-02-21 11:43:07

At 2/21/16 11:35 AM, Neoncrotch wrote: vote for your bag of air now

True enough.

BBS Signature

Response to Lays Flavor Swap 2016-02-22 07:56:49

At 2/21/16 11:35 AM, yurgenburgen wrote: vanilla ice cream flavoured Monster Munch
baked beans and cheese flavour crisps
scampi & lemon flavour Nik Naks
cajun squirrel flavour crisps
rib & saucy flavour Nik Naks
worcester sauce French Fries

As weird as it sounds, at least for me, all of those sound somewhat good, except the Worcester sauce French Fries. I don't know why someone would want that flavor in a chip.

BBS Signature

Response to Lays Flavor Swap 2016-02-22 10:32:54

Yo, Americans.

What's the name of this one?
The bag says "Camponesa" which kinda suggests made in farms/farm products only.

Whatever it is it's better than all your favourites.

Lays Flavor Swap

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to Lays Flavor Swap 2016-02-22 16:30:49

At 2/22/16 10:32 AM, Radaketor wrote: Yo, Americans.

What's the name of this one?
The bag says "Camponesa" which kinda suggests made in farms/farm products only.

Whatever it is it's better than all your favourites.

Just looking at that picture, it reminds me of a flavor of Sun Chips for some reason. Probably because they both have a tomato on the bag. It's called Garden Salsa.

Lays Flavor Swap

BBS Signature

Response to Lays Flavor Swap 2016-02-22 19:25:17

At 2/21/16 11:24 AM, Hoodie wrote: My neighbor works at some chip factory and drops off any extra chips they give him at my door and one of the bags was Korean Barbecue and it was fucking gross.

Why would it be gross? I would assume that the dog flavoring is fairly authentic.

Response to Lays Flavor Swap 2016-02-23 01:50:24

At 2/21/16 11:35 AM, yurgenburgen wrote: in North America any flavour of crisps / chips other than "cheese" is considered thinking outside the box
in the U.K. we've had all kinds of insane flavours for decades and it's completely normal

What's your favorite?

Response to Lays Flavor Swap 2016-02-23 08:55:39

At 2/22/16 11:51 PM, zornuzkull wrote:
At 2/22/16 11:13 PM, Sekhem wrote:
sorry that you can't read the most common language in the world
Yeah mandarin can be be tricky...

What about oranges?

BBS Signature

Response to Lays Flavor Swap 2016-02-25 09:00:48

i'm a pretty big fan of smoked gouda chive, i've had the original lineup before here and there but I like the new flavor's chances. still haven't tried korean bbq or fiery habanero but they sound far better than the originals. salt and pepper chips are my jam though

Response to Lays Flavor Swap 2016-02-25 10:44:36

At 2/25/16 07:48 AM, WhaleofaTale wrote: They had these weird Lays potato chip flavors that came out about a year back, including: Reuben, Gyro, Biscuits and Gravy, and Truffle Fries. Me and my friend were up late on a weeknight and decided to try them out on a lark. They were all disgusting, especially the Gyro. He eventually threw out his and I fed mine to the ducks, which probably wasn't the greatest idea either.

What!? You didn't like the Biscuits and Gravy one? That one is amazing and I'm glad it won last year's competition. I agree with you on the Reuben one because those chips tasted like rotten cheese. I didn't hate the Truffle Fries one, but I didn't care for it either. Finally, for the Gyro ones, I love those ones. I wish the Gyro and Biscuits and Gravy flavored chips both could've won.

After that I've been pretty reticent about any new flavors that Lays may come out with. Then again, I don't eat potato chips very often, so it may have just been a one time screw up. If I had to choose one I'd go with the safe bet and choose the current flavors over the new varieties.

Fair enough, I suppose. If you feel venturesome one day, though, I suggest you try the Smoked Gouda and Chive ones.

BBS Signature

Response to Lays Flavor Swap 2016-02-25 10:49:35 (edited 2016-02-25 10:49:43)

At 2/25/16 09:00 AM, Ass-Crumb wrote: i'm a pretty big fan of smoked gouda chive, i've had the original lineup before here and there but I like the new flavor's chances.

I don't feel like they'll have a good chance, but hopefully I'm wrong because the Smoked Gouda and Chive chips are bomb.

still haven't tried korean bbq or fiery habanero but they sound far better than the originals.

I've tried the Korean BBQ and I like it. To me, it tastes like the honey BBQ flavored wings at Buffalo Wild Wings. Weird, I know. Also, I still have to try the Fiery Habanero ones, too. They sound way better than the Flamin' Hot flavor, even though I haven't had those either.

BBS Signature