00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

NeonWolfNate just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ignorance Personified

1,168 Views | 9 Replies

Ignorance Personified 2001-09-12 03:37:35

I know there's a lot of topics there today, and I'm sorry for adding another rather than finding someone who thinks the same as I do, but there's an aspect of the 9/11 incidents that I think is just unconscionable.

Halfway across the world, many Middle Eastern countries are celebrating the loss of American lives. That, I feel, is the very definition of crass. Suppose, notwithstanding the geological improbability of this happening, that an earthquake had leveled Iraq. We wouldn't be dancing in the streets. Individuals might be rather indifferent to their plight, but I believe that America, both privately and publicly, would do what they could to help. The idea that the people of Palestine are rejoicing, and that Iraqi TV plays chipper music while showing footage of the WTC building collapsing, is truly bizarre and sad.

--
Deepest sympathy for those who died in New York
and for those who survive them.
9-11-01

--

Response to Ignorance Personified 2001-09-12 03:40:41

At 9/12/01 03:37 AM, MaddJoka wrote: I know there's a lot of topics there today, and I'm sorry for adding another rather than finding someone who thinks the same as I do, but there's an aspect of the 9/11 incidents that I think is just unconscionable.

Halfway across the world, many Middle Eastern countries are celebrating the loss of American lives. That, I feel, is the very definition of crass. Suppose, notwithstanding the geological improbability of this happening, that an earthquake had leveled Iraq. We wouldn't be dancing in the streets. Individuals might be rather indifferent to their plight, but I believe that America, both privately and publicly, would do what they could to help. The idea that the people of Palestine are rejoicing, and that Iraqi TV plays chipper music while showing footage of the WTC building collapsing, is truly bizarre and sad.

--
9-11-01

I agreee 100%

Response to Ignorance Personified 2001-09-12 03:42:07

At 9/12/01 03:37 AM, MaddJoka wrote: I know there's a lot of topics there today, and I'm sorry for adding another rather than finding someone who thinks the same as I do, but there's an aspect of the 9/11 incidents that I think is just unconscionable.

The US media would never show US citizens celebrating but how often do you see or hear people talk about how it's good when the people in the Middle East kill each other?
I often hear things like, "Oh just let them kill each other" or "Let's just kill them all" and, "there's less of them for us to worry about" when there are bombings.

What's bizarre and sad is that the people in the Western world think they're so noble and holy.

Response to Ignorance Personified 2001-09-12 03:59:46

At 9/12/01 03:42 AM, Shrapnel wrote:

The US media would never show US citizens celebrating but how often do you see or hear people talk about how it's good when the people in the Middle East kill each other?
I often hear things like, "Oh just let them kill each other" or "Let's just kill them all" and, "there's less of them for us to worry about" when there are bombings.

What's bizarre and sad is that the people in the Western world think they're so noble and holy.

You are just generalizing "Western" people now.

Response to Ignorance Personified 2001-09-12 04:05:27

At 9/12/01 03:59 AM, xvllvx wrote:

Yea- I am- sue me.

Aren't we above barbaric acts?

Aren't the Middle East suicide bombers inhuman?

Response to Ignorance Personified 2001-09-12 04:16:57

At 9/12/01 04:05 AM, Shrapnel wrote:
Yea- I am- sue me.

Since I can't respond to my previous post in your last topic:

At 9/12/01 04:03 AM, Shrapnel wrote:
At 9/12/01 03:57 AM, xvllvx wrote: terrorists do function on logical terms...i.e. SUICIDE BOMBERS.

"do not"
I actually think suicide bombers are quite logical....

How else can you direct your payload so accurately and inconspicuously?

You completely missed my point with your sarcasm. I have nothing more to say regarding this issue.

Response to Ignorance Personified 2001-09-12 04:16:57

At 9/12/01 04:05 AM, Shrapnel wrote:
Yea- I am- sue me.

Since I can't respond to my previous post in your last topic:

At 9/12/01 04:03 AM, Shrapnel wrote:
At 9/12/01 03:57 AM, xvllvx wrote: terrorists do function on logical terms...i.e. SUICIDE BOMBERS.

"do not"
I actually think suicide bombers are quite logical....

How else can you direct your payload so accurately and inconspicuously?

You completely missed my point with your sarcasm. I have nothing more to say regarding this issue.

Response to Ignorance Personified 2001-09-12 13:24:35

That's true, and I wasn't saying that. In fact, I believe that I had said that individuals would likely have some feelings of indifference about their plight. But nothing that I can recall has ever been on the level of the celebrations I saw yesterday, aside from possibly the joy that we exhibited at the end of the Gulf War. And that, at least for me, was not a celebration of deaad Iraqis, but of the safe return of our troops from what I think was none of our business. But that's a whole 'nother topic.

--
Cheers,
MJ

--

Response to Ignorance Personified 2001-09-12 14:37:46

--
9-11-01

Many Arab leaders, from Moammar Khadaffi to Yassir Arafat, King Abdullah and the Saudis, all have condemned the attacks. It's important to note that the incidents seem to be isloated, put on by the American media (the whore known as Fox, in particular) to rile up anti-Arab sentiments. Meanwhile, there is one nation that is quite happy America's in bad shape

Overnight an official Iraqi statement said: "The American cowboys are reaping the fruit of their crimes against humanity."

Response to Ignorance Personified 2001-09-12 18:27:22

At 9/12/01 02:37 PM, Wheatonman wrote:
Many Arab leaders, from Moammar Khadaffi to Yassir Arafat, King Abdullah and the Saudis, all have condemned the attacks. It's important to note that the incidents seem to be isloated, put on by the American media (the whore known as Fox, in particular) to rile up anti-Arab sentiments.

As a side note, we don't have Fox News yet in Alaska; my information was from our ultra-Republican newspaper.

I'm also not saying that America is great and good and infallible; the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki were probably the most horrendous war crimes that I've ever encountered. And of course, the history books will say that this was done in the name of justice and freedom and righteousness. That's just how it will always be, and it's up to those few of us who think for ourselves to learn the facts and draw our own opinions, whether they align with the official story or not.

Anyway, I wouldn't doubt that there is a serious slant being placed on the story here, and that aligning public sentiment against the Middle East probably is the idea. You have a point that I personally have only heard of a few incidents, but the fact that anyone can take pleasure in such a catastrophe is beyond me.

--
Cheers,
MJ

--