00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

StickmanMarkinson just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Best places to find comic collabs

407 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Best places to find comic collabs 2016-02-15 01:36:16

I do art and I write. I am also working on a personal web comic.

But I have so many stories and ideas I want to work on.

What are your favorite places to find either artists or writers to make comics with?

Response to Best places to find comic collabs 2016-02-16 21:17:22

At 2/16/16 04:36 PM, Vixuzar wrote: Newgrounds is one of the best places for this.
You just need to ask one of your artist buddies for help and discuss the main things such as who does this and who does that.
But if you had to look elsewhere i recommend asking your friends.
It's a lot better to work with people that you happen to be friends with.

This is true. Thing is I have only a handful friends who are artists. And among them, one who is working/wants to do art full time, and he's a colorist. So I'm very limited there.

Second thing, how do you make artist friends online? I mean, it's happened once. Where someone commented on something of mine, and we became friends from there. I've tried to make artist friends, chatting with them and stuff, but I've never really hit it off with anyone. Is it just a matter of finding the right person?

Response to Best places to find comic collabs 2016-02-18 00:32:51

Heh, I have asked him. However, he is actually working on two seperate comics. Plus occasional commissions. We've got an understanding to where we'll usually just talk about our stories and art, but we don't really work together.

Gotcha. So far I've tried it a few times on deviantart and on tumblr. Though I've yet to really use Newgrounds for much of anything. Seems like a relatively good community on here, I'll give it a go.
Ah, that's always a bummer. I've had a similar thing happen twice. Two worlds, stories, and scripts sitting there, collecting dust.
Thanks man, much appreciated. My computer has been acting up the past few days, so once I fix that, I'll delve deeper into newgrounds.