00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Some critique please

657 Views | 11 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Some critique please 2016-02-11 16:32:29

Constructive critique, please be nice.

Some critique please

Response to Some critique please 2016-02-11 18:02:00

This is very nice has some good meaning to it looks un finished though, give the mirror side more of a glow or shine.

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Some critique please 2016-02-11 18:05:47

At 2/11/16 06:02 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: This is very nice has some good meaning to it looks un finished though, give the mirror side more of a glow or shine.

~X~

It is un[finished\. I just wanted to see what critique I could get in the lineart. Thank you though.

Response to Some critique please 2016-02-11 20:30:20

At 2/11/16 04:32 PM, risebeyond wrote: Constructive critique, please be nice.

Firstly, let me get what I like said first. The pose is nice; simple, sure, but it flows well and it's balanced. Also the proportions are actually pretty on point, so good on you there.

There are many things I could point out individually, but above all there's one thing I think you should really look into before anything else; form. Putting it simply, what you need is the ability to think in and portray 3D objects. Go back to basics and learn to draw and shade spheres and cones and cylinders and cubes and all those basic three dimensional forms. It sounds tedious and stupid and boring, I know. But it's important to do because all complex forms can be broken up into those basic forms. That said you can draw anything, literally anything, if you can draw basic forms. As of now the forms look very flat and two dimensional.

Hope this helps! Keep it up!

The sane human being is satisfied that the bestthey can do at any given moment is the best they can do at any given moment. Such sanity is, unfortunately, rare.

- David Bayles

BBS Signature

Response to Some critique please 2016-02-12 18:50:57

At 2/11/16 04:32 PM, risebeyond wrote: Constructive critique, please be nice.

The drawing itself is almost there. Try adding as much anatomy as you can into the figures. The figure on the right's head might need to be turned to his right a bit more if he's meant to be looking at the other. Go into it with the mindset of a 3D space and you should be good.

Cartoonist, Animator, and Tweeter

BBS Signature

Response to Some critique please 2016-02-12 20:15:58

The drawing itself is almost there. Try adding as much anatomy as you can into the figures. The figure on the right's head might need to be turned to his right a bit more if he's meant to be looking at the other. Go into it with the mindset of a 3D space and you should be good.

I see what you say. Thank you.

Response to Some critique please 2016-02-12 20:44:41

At 2/12/16 08:15 PM, risebeyond wrote:
I see what you say. Thank you.

No problem

Cartoonist, Animator, and Tweeter

BBS Signature

Response to Some critique please 2016-02-13 18:32:16

How about now?

Some critique please

Response to Some critique please 2016-02-16 16:27:21

At 2/16/16 12:47 PM, metal-daze wrote: let me ask you something do you think this is good?

Good question. I think its alright. But that depends on what you compare it to.

Response to Some critique please 2016-02-25 16:28:42

How about now?

Some critique please

Response to Some critique please 2016-02-26 03:12:22

At 2/25/16 04:28 PM, risebeyond wrote: How about now?

I can tell that it's Light and L..

I think the lighting is inconsistent, you can have one light source coming from one direction and then another fill in light to add more form to your characters. Right now it kinda seem that the lighting is coming from everywhere.

Unity Survival game - There Is No Tomorrow

Response to Some critique please 2016-02-26 20:27:01

At 2/26/16 03:12 AM, Black-Crystal wrote:
At 2/25/16 04:28 PM, risebeyond wrote: How about now?
I think the lighting is inconsistent, you can have one light source coming from one direction and then another fill in light to add more form to your characters. Right now it kinda seem that the lighting is coming from everywhere.

Actually its not Light, but thanks