00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Tallya just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Your greatest moment in gaming.

1,564 Views | 25 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Your greatest moment in gaming. 2016-02-09 17:22:26

Title says it all, folks. It could be beating Battletoads, getting the rarest loot, dodging the Blue Shell before MarioKart 8, anything.

Time to bust a move and get it started. Time's wastin'.

-Mace 2.0

Beating Halo 1 on Legendary. It is an epic victory to finish the fighting and exploding the ring.

Response to Your greatest moment in gaming. 2016-02-09 19:10:41

At 2/9/16 06:10 PM, nnasterchief wrote: Beating Halo 1 on Legendary. It is an epic victory to finish the fighting and exploding the ring.

Nice. Even though I never beat Halo, because I was more into multiplayer.

Time to bust a move and get it started. Time's wastin'.

-Mace 2.0

Response to Your greatest moment in gaming. 2016-02-09 20:55:44

- Completing Tomomo Hell on my first try with wins only in 100% Orange Juice
- Defeating final form Sumika with only 1 character remaining in 200% Mixed Juice
- Clearing expert mode in Terraria
- Clearing E-3 of the Fall 2015 event on hard in Kantai Collection
- Finishing all of the colosseum matches in Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1

"It's taking all my might to restrain from dick riding." - HomicidalFrog

Sig by Homicidee

BBS Signature

Response to Your greatest moment in gaming. 2016-02-10 01:03:57

My greatest moment of badassery happened in Skyrim. I was playing as a Archer type of guy and I was in a Dwemer ruin crawling with Falmers and Chauruses (those centipede looking motherfuckers). One of the creepy buggers was blocking my way and I knew a straight up fight would kill me so what to do? Well I noticed it stood very close to one of the Falmers traps which was string actived. So I aimed at the piece of string andshot an arrow at it thus activating the trap. Then to amazement and amusement the Chaurus went flying through the air and upon landing was dead.

I raised my arms in triumph to have been able to execute such a genius plan so perfectly only to realize no saw it happen and no one will believe.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Beating Final Fantasy 6 for the first time, beating Sonic 2, beating Mike Tyson in Punchout, beating the Aztec mission in Goldeneye on 00 Agent, etc.

Response to Your greatest moment in gaming. 2016-02-11 16:49:35

Getting all trophies on Skyrim!

Response to Your greatest moment in gaming. 2016-02-12 12:03:09

Going on a rampage killing everyone in GTA. It was absolutely awesome and I survived for quite a long time.

BBS Signature

"A Tribute to Insanity" in World of Warcraft is likely my best achievement in that game. It is for completing The Trial of the Crusader raid while it was max level content on the hardest difficulty while all 50 attempts remained which meant not failing a single time on any of the 5 bosses that week. We did do it during Icecrown Citadel which was the following raid so we were overgeared for it, but it was still an exceptionally difficult and challenging (and tbh bullshit) thing to do.

On a similar note I also did "The Undying" and "Champion of Ulduar", which was clearing both of those raids without a single person dying on any of the bosses that week. Despite being harder since you could lose someone in Tribute as long as you didn't fail the boss, those two raids were made easier with Icecrown Citadel gear more so than Trial of the Crusader and therefore despite still being hard wasn't as challenging.

Another few things from that game would be "dancing" with Heigan the Unclean for 24 minutes since everyone except for me and a tank died on the first "dance" phase and we did it perfectly for over 20 minutes until we finally killed it. As for the only final boss in highest difficulty I've beaten so far while it's been end content (not counting mythic Garrosh since incredibly undertuned) was beating heroic Madness of Deathwing while it was current content by being a shadow priest and soaking the Impale attacks that allowed us to solo tank the encounter, which felt super good since we couldn't do it if I wasn't able to help us cheese the fight like that.

Finally as a personal thing of effort I set up a "Herald of the Titans" run, which is to defeat a bonus boss Algalon the Observer in Ulduar using only level 80 characters with no gear better leveled than stuff found inside 10 player Ulduar. So this meant to had to make a new character to keep at level 80 and gear myself up with the best possible stuff and look after it while also urging others to do the same and in the end managed to finally set up a 10 man team all by myself and we beat it within a few attempts. Took an amazing amount of effort especially considering how bad I am at trying to ask people for help so the fact I managed to pull through with that was incredible for myself. May not be as challenging as the previous ones on the list but mentally it is up there for me.

Though I do love stuff I do in other games and felt like the first time I beat many games and felt the story and characters it was better than the stuff I mentioned here. I wouldn't really classify such moments as moments of greatness, more the most emotional moments. Which is an entirely different list for me.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Your greatest moment in gaming. 2016-02-14 01:20:22

When playing Star Wars Battlefront (the original) and on Tatooine, I piloted a tank on top of an arch which, I think, is pictured below, and went on a total killing spree before having to bail, jumping out of the tank and off the arch with no damage, and taking a couple more enemies with me upon death.
Maybe not my greatest moment in gaming, but one of the most fun that I can remember at the moment.

"Codswallop in my opinion." - Hagrid

"I trust no one but my ham sandwich." - SNAPCRACKLEANDPOP2

Never say no to Panda.

Response to Your greatest moment in gaming. 2016-02-14 03:57:46

At 2/9/16 06:10 PM, nnasterchief wrote: Beating Halo 1 on Legendary. It is an epic victory to finish the fighting and exploding the ring.

i lost my patience the last time i played it. the level design really does not hold up at all- going through the same damn rooms with slightly different enemies several times during one level... don't even get me STARTED on the library.

anyway my greatest moment was probably something on gta iv's online with some friends; that was a fun game.

but as of late as far as i can remember, it was probably beating metal man last in megaman 2... that game is hard without the metal blades.

"Death upon death... Nothing but death in this barren land. Who can we pray to? There are only demons and fiends here."

~The Journal of a Man Who Wandered into Another World

BBS Signature

Response to Your greatest moment in gaming. 2016-02-19 11:14:27

Beating Sonic 2 and Mega Man X for the first time was pretty special to me

Cartoonist, Animator, and Tweeter

BBS Signature

Response to Your greatest moment in gaming. 2016-02-19 13:22:54

It would have to be something from WoW or Warhammer Online PvP - in fact it's hard to pick just one moment. Or even just one day!?

BBS Signature

Response to Your greatest moment in gaming. 2016-02-19 14:13:08

SimCopter:

I used the "Sunday Driver" cheat to switch the camera view to a random car.

I then noticed the car passing by the airport. So while still in car view, I took off my helicopter from the airport, flew it near the car, lowered the water bucket, and then with the water bucket I knocked over the car and watched it burn!

Is that some crazy second-person shit or what?!?!

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Your greatest moment in gaming. 2016-02-19 15:09:17

I love the scene in Batman Arkham Knight, were batman finally defeats he's fear. Also, just all of Bioshock Infinite and The Walking Dead.

Response to Your greatest moment in gaming. 2016-02-19 20:23:35

Do a "Rampage" using Techies in DotA, best thing dude.

Ohayƍ - Kon'nichiwa - Yoi tsuitachi - Konbanwa

Whoever and whenever you are keep doing your best and dont give up for your dream.

BBS Signature

Response to Your greatest moment in gaming. 2016-02-20 15:43:51

Finishing all 3 Xenosaga games, crying like a little bitch every time.

Master of questionable life choices

Response to Your greatest moment in gaming. 2016-08-08 19:50:01

just feeling lucky enough NOT to die in the path of this ... .... thing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ib4z73n5IE

Response to Your greatest moment in gaming. 2016-08-10 05:35:37

- Beating all Gears of War games on Insane(hardest) difficulty (except judgment that one sucked a**, not because its harder but because the game is bad in general)
- Couple of years ago i was in the TOP 10 ranking list in Assassins Creed 3 Multiplayer
- Beating Bloodborne :D
- All achievements on all the arkham batman games
- And ofcourse finishing the pacific standard job in GTA 5 without losing a dime :D

in forza 3, i use to be pretty high up on listings in drag races.

i use to play bunches of forza 4 online, cat and mouse, would often save the replays cuz of the driving exhibition i put on. if i was a mouse, i'd often pick their same car and mine would usually be better in pretty much every way.

often in competitive games with friends, i don't try as hard as i can, either cuz they'll quit or cuz of the effort required. one friend is good at fighting games, very good at soul calibur. i once tried as hard as i could, forcing him to try as hard as he could, it was intense. actually sweated a little and knew i turned my brain on. the friend, he said he felt like the ceiling disappeared and it was a bright sky type deal above him. both fairly smart people, just had to tap into brain potential. it was craziness, lots of little hops and fakes, blocks and counters. i still lost, but that dude goes around telling that story everywhere.

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to Your greatest moment in gaming. 2016-08-10 17:10:24

I beat Sephiroth in KH2 in front of my wife who was my girlfriend at the time and she was so impressed, like the most impressed I've ever seen anybody in my life. Don't let anybody tell you that you can't impress girls with videogame skills. (not applicable to Madden, lol)

Smarty Art, Ninja, Action

BBS Signature

Response to Your greatest moment in gaming. 2016-08-14 07:25:50

Ive had many great moments in gaming, but my most recent would have to be in Rainbow 6 Siege when it was the final round in a ranked match and everybody from both teams had died,except for me and 1 opponent and I had to plant the bomb for us win (or else we would lose)

So I waited literally till there was like 15 secs left on the timer, my mates tell me not to rush in cuz the opp was probably creeping in the room waiting for me; but I said FUCK IT and ran in and planted the bomb, and the guy comes from around the corner shooting, i shoot back and we kill each other; but miraculously we still won the match because I planted it before I died

That shit was EPIC and very intense

Are you not Entertained ?!?

BBS Signature

beating Dragonslayer Ornstein and Executioner Smough in Dark Souls on my very first try with an un-optimized pyromancer. what a fucking harrowing ordeal. i beat a lot of Dark Souls bosses on my first try, the satisfaction is better than an orgasm.

the funny thing is despite all those victories, the shitty Capra Demon killed me like five times

Newest track: Savant - Upbeat Melodic Metal - Frontpaged!

BBS Signature

Response to Your greatest moment in gaming. 2016-08-18 11:08:25

At 2/9/16 08:46 PM, dem0lecule wrote: Beating Alien Isolation on Hard mode. Finally after a few months. And a lot of sleepless nights.

It took you that long? Holy shit.

The alien must really get on your ass and stay on it in hard mode, huh?

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to Your greatest moment in gaming. 2016-08-29 12:05:52

Sniping someone in head with an AK 47 each with one shot, from far distance 5 times in a row. On Vietcong Purple Haze.

Response to Your greatest moment in gaming. 2016-08-31 22:13:52

beating sonic generations in 2 days