00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

2016 dem debate

485 Views | 5 Replies

2016 dem debate 2016-01-18 12:21:34

Whats everyone's thoughts on last nights debate?

To be honest I found it to be a whole fucking joke. The moderators gave shillary more screen time than any other candidate and while Sanders called her out for being a sell out she couldn't defend her self and started lying. Also, her voice is like nails on a chalkboard.

I could count how many times Martin said free energy 2050 on one hand.

Did I miss anything else?

Response to 2016 dem debate 2016-01-18 13:20:44

I think that Hillary screwed up in that she kept on defending Obama's polices and relating herself to him. Even a lot of liberals were dissatisfied with the Obama administration and in this debate she made it sound like she would just continue with the way things are. I think this was a big mistake on here part and is going to heart her pulls.

Another thing, I agree with Bernie Sanders compression too Hillary and Wall Street. Hillary is way to embedded with them and really Hillary going after corruption in Wall Street is like a dog chasing after its own tail.

Response to 2016 dem debate 2016-01-19 11:13:19

At 1/18/16 01:20 PM, Jmayer20 wrote: I think that Hillary screwed up in that she kept on defending Obama's polices and relating herself to him. Even a lot of liberals were dissatisfied with the Obama administration and in this debate she made it sound like she would just continue with the way things are. I think this was a big mistake on here part and is going to heart her pulls.

Like who? Now that Obama is finishing up his term all I hear is a general satisfaction about his administration. Certainly he has made the most progress in foreign policy since Bill Clinton in terms of the Iran deal and Cuba. In terms of economic performance his administration oversaw growth larger than what America experienced under Reagan (not that Reagan's economy was that much to brag about but still). The deficit was cut by 3/4's and some progress on healthcare was made. He's not the greatest president ever, but he certainly has gotten alot done.

Another thing, I agree with Bernie Sanders compression too Hillary and Wall Street. Hillary is way to embedded with them and really Hillary going after corruption in Wall Street is like a dog chasing after its own tail.

I think Senator Todd similarly was accused of that. The thing is that if Hillary didn't have any Wall Street connections, her knowledge of how the market works would be markedly different, on top of this her regulations would be deemed anti business and very hostile. It's a tradeoff, either you establish those connections and learn to work with Wall Street and get accused of being anti-business or you don't and create ill fated regulations.

"If you don't mind smelling like peanut butter for two or three days, peanut butter is darn good shaving cream.

" - Barry Goldwater.

BBS Signature

Response to 2016 dem debate 2016-01-19 13:16:58

At 1/18/16 01:20 PM, Jmayer20 wrote: I think that Hillary screwed up in that she kept on defending Obama's polices and relating herself to him. Even a lot of liberals were dissatisfied with the Obama administration and in this debate she made it sound like she would just continue with the way things are. I think this was a big mistake on here part and is going to heart her pulls.

A lot of liberals were disappointed not so much with Obama's policies on principle, but rather that his policies didn't go far enough -- the ACA is a perfect example of this. Hillary's position is that she will run on Obama's platform but intends to take it a step further, which isn't a bad move IMO. The catch to all that is that the GOP will still control Congress, which is why she's playing the role of the progressive-yet-pragmatic candidate, in contrast to Sanders.

BBS Signature

Response to 2016 dem debate 2016-01-19 14:32:09

Hillary did a great job of campaigning for Obama

Response to 2016 dem debate 2016-01-19 15:54:46

To Warforger

OK I don't know what world you live in but there are plenty of things that Obama did that liberals didn't like. First off, he promised to stop the government spying of American citizens with the NSA. Instead he did the exact opposite and not only continued this policy but expanded on it. This alone pissed off a lot of liberals. A lot of environmentalists are annoyed with his policies as well. He has done very little for this issue, especially when it comes to global warming. His lame excuse as to why the United States wouldn't be taking measures about it boiled down to China won't do anything about it so we won't ether. Seriously how does China doing something wrong justify us doing something wrong?

Contrary to what Republicans claim, Obama has had a Conservative Presidency. The main reason they fight against his policies is because the Republican party is divisive and would fight against almost any policies that a Democrat President proposed. An example of this is that the health care plan that Obama proposed (which Republicans dub as Obamacare) was originally proposed by the Republican party in the 90s. Republicans are also upset that Obama pulled troops out of Iraq. Republicans bitched about this, even though he simply left on the time table that the Bush administration had set.

Now at this point you might be wondering why liberals voted him back in. The sad fact is there really is no longer a liberal party in the United States any more. We are pretty much left with the option of ether the conservative party which is the Democrats or the insane, divisive, wacko, extremist party that only tries to appeal to the extremists of society such as gun nuts, religious nuts, war hawks, anti-Hispanics, and all the other crazy extreme hateful people of society. That's why so many Republicans like Trump's speeches, because modern Republicans are primarily motivated by hate and fear and trump taps into that. It also explains why liberals still vote for democrats even though most of them are now conservative. The Democrat party is the only one that has a chance to defeat the Republican party and we view the Democrats as the lesser of two evils.