00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

lucidstriker595 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Games that Need Sequels

897 Views | 7 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Games that Need Sequels 2016-01-01 02:42:51

We all know that there are some games out their that just ended with such a spectacular note that it's deemed by the cult following of the game it needs a sequel.
Sometimes though, despite what the fans want, the game ends with no possible ways to warrant another game.

What game do you think needs a sequel?
How could you justify it?

I want another Read Dead Redemption.
Its one of those games that just can't end with the death of the protagonist being the final page.
It's far too fucking sad to end the game that way.
And lately a lot of great games have been ending too fucking sad.

Here is my proposition.
Anyone who has played the entire game is going to know that John had misdealings with the Dark Lord himself.
Three times Satan tempts John, and now that's a bad thing, it's not a bad thing for us.
What if James didn't avenge his father fully?
What if one of the culprits actually kills James in his quest for retribution?
This may lead John to sign a contract with the Devil granting him his life back to avenge his own son.

Something along those lines anyways.

So what game do you think just needs a sequel?

Response to Games that Need Sequels 2016-01-01 06:36:37

I would quite like to see the sequel that was hinted at in the final cut scene of the Deadly Premonition directors cut. It's hard to say if I'd enjoy another Deadly Premonition game because I think the limitations of the original are part of what add to the charm. It's a low budget game trying to pull off some big ideas. Swery seems to be quite experimental with his recent games, and while I loved Deadly Premonition, I wasn't so big on D4.

Another series that I REALLY hope gets another game is DarkSiders. A series that focuses on the four horsemen of the apocalypse. We've had a game featuring War and then the second game featured Death, so it would be nice to get a game for the remaining two. I'm not sure if that will ever happen now, sadly.

At 1/1/16 02:42 AM, MuramasasEdge wrote: I want another Read Dead Redemption.

I hope we don't get a direct sequel to that game actually. Don't get me wrong, I love that game, but if/when we get another game in the Red Dead series, I'd like it to be an unrelated plot from the same "universe". I'm not even sure if Red Dead Redemption and Red Dead Revolver are considered to be in the same universe, given how wacky the first one was compared to how series the second one was, but I like them not being directly related. It's kind of the same with GTA. Sure, there are some cameos and linked events, but they're pretty much their own self contained stories.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Games that Need Sequels 2016-01-01 11:01:25

Middle Earth: Shadow Of Mordor.

Response to Games that Need Sequels 2016-01-01 13:15:00

Guys, we need a CoD sequel, it's way overdue.

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to Games that Need Sequels 2016-01-01 17:10:11

Jade Empire.
I know it won't happen, but I want it.

Response to Games that Need Sequels 2016-01-01 20:38:06

Response to Games that Need Sequels 2016-01-01 21:11:37

We need a sequel to half life 2 :D

Response to Games that Need Sequels 2016-01-01 23:46:34

There were plans for a sequel to Metal Arms: Glitch in the System, but then the company was bought by Blizzard and it was never heard from again.
And of course there was Steambot Chronicles 2 that got cancelled because of the Tsunami that hit Japan a few years ago...

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | Gamertag: Eddmario

Official MLP: FIM crew. | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature