00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kellyxeni2 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Paid animation gig

950 Views | 12 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I am considering paying animators to make some Game Grumps Animated style shorts for my channel. It wouldn't actually be GGA, it would use clips from my own channel.

The clips I have set aside are 30-60 seconds long. I think right now my option would be to pay $50 twice a month. Or $100 once a month.
If that too low of a going rate for this sort of thing? I would love to pay more, but for now I am working with a very conservative budget.

Thoughts? Interest?
I'd love to hear from you guys.

Cheers!

GAH!

BBS Signature

Response to Paid animation gig 2015-12-06 17:19:30

Ho Noodle,

I'll help you dude if you want, I'll send you a seperare email after.

Kind regards,

Wondermeow

At 12/6/15 03:12 PM, Noodle wrote: I am considering paying animators to make some Game Grumps Animated style shorts for my channel. It wouldn't actually be GGA, it would use clips from my own channel.

The clips I have set aside are 30-60 seconds long. I think right now my option would be to pay $50 twice a month. Or $100 once a month.
If that too low of a going rate for this sort of thing? I would love to pay more, but for now I am working with a very conservative budget.

Thoughts? Interest?
I'd love to hear from you guys.

Cheers!

BBS Signature

Response to Paid animation gig 2015-12-07 07:09:27

Hi,

No problem, let me know when your ready with your project.

Kind regards,

Wondermeow

BBS Signature

Response to Paid animation gig 2015-12-07 11:30:39

At 12/7/15 07:09 AM, Wondermeow wrote: Hi,

No problem, let me know when your ready with your project.

Kind regards,

Wondermeow

This reply probably looks odd out of context, and I wanted to clarify for others who might see it. I think it was an accidental forum post that was meant to be a PM.

I told Wondermeow that I likely wouldn't be looking to do commissions until the New Year.
Right now I am just gauging interest, and seeing what kind of talent might be available.

I have received PMs from a few people, and would love to hear back from more.
Thanks guys!

GAH!

BBS Signature

Response to Paid animation gig 2015-12-14 12:55:15

Hey!

If you are still looking for voice talent, I would be more than happy to work with you!

Feel free to send me a PM if you would like a custom demo, and I have some demos available on my page as well!

Looking forward to it!

Response to Paid animation gig 2015-12-14 14:39:37

Hello!
I will be interested in working for you if possible check out my channel and website www.bullonyx.Com to view my works and let me know what you need!
Hope to hear from you
Bullonyx

Response to Paid animation gig 2015-12-14 16:49:50

Thanks for the interest everyone!
I am cataloguing a list of names for now, as I won't actually be doing any hiring until the new year.
Keep sending me your info, as I can never have too many contacts!

@chrisrosewood
I am not looking for VAs specifically right now, but it's always good to be aware of more talent here on Newgrounds.

Cheers

GAH!

BBS Signature

Response to Paid animation gig 2015-12-14 17:42:04

Thanks for the reply! I'll be looking forward to working with you on future projects!
Feel free to keep in touch!

Response to Paid animation gig 2015-12-22 15:16:40

I'd very much like to take part in this!

I'm working on updating my demo reel but here' what I got right now
behance Animation-Reel201314

...if there's anything specific to try out, like maybe a short 10 sec clip you'd use, to see if we can get the style you want thatd be great!

cheers

Response to Paid animation gig 2015-12-22 15:52:44

At 12/22/15 03:16 PM, Pegasu wrote: ...if there's anything specific to try out, like maybe a short 10 sec clip you'd use, to see if we can get the style you want thatd be great!

cheers

I won't be looking for any particular style. In fact, having a variety of styles will probably serve things better!
A demo reel is fine, because I'll I need to know is that you're a semi-competent animator, to keep the overall quality of contributions high.

GAH!

BBS Signature

Response to Paid animation gig 2016-01-09 08:20:15

How is your side project coming along dude?

Kind regards,

Wondermeow

BBS Signature

Response to Paid animation gig 2016-01-13 19:09:13

At 1/9/16 08:20 AM, Wondermeow wrote: How is your side project coming along dude?

Kind regards,

Wondermeow

I stepped down from that project to shift my focus here.
Right now I am working on creating a backlog of content, so that when I "relaunch" the channel, I will start off several weeks ahead of myself.

Scrambling to create content the day before a scheduled release is no fun.

I was able to take on more than I expected this month, so I won't try contracting out anything until February at the earliest.

GAH!

BBS Signature

Response to Paid animation gig 2016-01-13 19:11:36

Hi Noodle,

Thanks for your update appeciate it.

Kind regards,

Wondermeow

BBS Signature