00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

PBS NewsHour

857 Views | 4 Replies

PBS NewsHour 2015-11-23 08:36:05

PBS NewsHour

I hear a lot of news show, pundits ("journalists"), and celebrities talked about when it comes to the news, news channels, or news shows, but I never hear about PBS NewsHour. Why is this? This is one of my sources for news mainly because I actually get the news, unbiased, just the facts. Also unlike the big cable news networks which require some form of cable access, PBS NewsHour is free, since it is part of public broadcasting, therefore it is all available each night as well as on YouTube. Here are the three latest episodes.

- Nov. 20, 2015
- Nov. 21, 2015
- Nov. 22, 2015

Now since Nov. 20th and Nov. 21st were on Saturday and Sunday these are NewsHour Weekends which means they're half and hour instead of a full hour. Nov. 20th is a full hour.

Throughout these three days I got to hear more about the Paris attacks, how French Muslims are taking it in, and the Syrian refugees. I also got to learn about how France is battling climate change by converting their trash to energy. This is news.

Why don't more people talk about NewsHour? Does anyone else here watch NewsHour? If not then why?

Response to PBS NewsHour 2015-12-13 07:01:55

Giving this a bump, because I am still intently curious on people's notions of where they get their news from.

Response to PBS NewsHour 2015-12-13 09:40:13

At 12/13/15 07:01 AM, The-Great-One wrote: Giving this a bump, because I am still intently curious on people's notions of where they get their news from.

Wikipedia, msn.com, "South Park" and "The Daily Show".

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to PBS NewsHour 2015-12-13 10:14:16

I get my news from Yahoo.com, ABC (both local and national), occasionally the local newspaper, and occasionally CBS.

I know PBS is out there and a pretty good source, I just don't watch it. Two ships passing in the night, I guess.

Response to PBS NewsHour 2016-04-15 02:38:22

At 4/15/16 02:35 AM, WhaleofaTale wrote: Come on now. There's no such thing as unbiased news, especially if it includes interviews. Less biased might be closer to the truth. When journalists, newscasters, and editors decide which stories they are going to cover they show their bias. When they do interviews and decide who they're going to interview they show their bias. What questions are asked shows the bias of the interviewers and anyone else involved. Also when you get those international reports from conflict zones you can be damn sure you are getting a higher level of bias, because there are less people there to check the facts on a story. Bias is a part of life. You are never going to get unbiased, just the facts news. It literally doesn't exist.

I think a lot of people need to read this, because you just hit the nail on the head. I guess even if you want to be a good journalist you do have to in turn be biased. This goes back to Tim Russert when he hosted Meet The Press. He was asked what he had to do for his job. He was told to learn everything about their guest, their positions and beliefs, and then take the other side.