00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Nardballs just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Touchy subjects...

1,795 Views | 26 Replies

Touchy subjects... 2015-11-19 15:07:45

How can I talk about things like religion, without offending anyone of course.
Sometimes I fail at doing so...

BBS Signature

Response to Touchy subjects... 2015-11-19 15:09:17

At 11/19/15 03:07 PM, ArcadeDominator wrote: How can I talk about things like religion, without offending anyone of course.

Unless you are purposely trying to offend people, don't worry about it. We all need to learn not to take things so personally anyway.

Response to Touchy subjects... 2015-11-19 15:09:56

Yeah any mention of religion will make those neckbeards go crazy, unless you bash it.

BBS Signature

Response to Touchy subjects... 2015-11-19 15:14:41

At 11/19/15 03:09 PM, killerjeff wrote: Yeah any mention of religion will make those neckbeards go crazy, unless you bash it.

It was not really religion, but I had a friend who is also Muslim and he's uncle is also a Muslim, He said that his uncle said that those people were Muslim (ISIS) (We were talking about the Paris attack) I said his uncle's info was wrong, that pretty much pissed him off. Oh yeah, and that friend is sensitive, constructive criticism does not work on him.

BBS Signature

Response to Touchy subjects... 2015-11-19 15:23:33

At 11/19/15 03:14 PM, ArcadeDominator wrote: He said that his uncle said that those people were Muslim (ISIS) (We were talking about the Paris attack) I said his uncle's info was wrong, that pretty much pissed him off.

But the people who did the Paris attack were Muslim.

Response to Touchy subjects... 2015-11-19 15:26:41

At 11/19/15 03:14 PM, ArcadeDominator wrote: I said his uncle's info was wrong, that pretty much pissed him off.

Your info is wrong.

"It's taking all my might to restrain from dick riding." - HomicidalFrog

Sig by Homicidee

BBS Signature

Response to Touchy subjects... 2015-11-19 15:34:35

You can't. please. everyone, kid. You just can't.
So speak your mind and fuck the people you offend. Smile and put a big fat middle finger right in their face.

Response to Touchy subjects... 2015-11-19 15:38:20

At 11/19/15 03:23 PM, Bit wrote:
At 11/19/15 03:14 PM, ArcadeDominator wrote: He said that his uncle said that those people were Muslim (ISIS) (We were talking about the Paris attack) I said his uncle's info was wrong, that pretty much pissed him off.
But the people who did the Paris attack were Muslim.

Not really, they are the Shia, the original and only type there should be is Sunni. So technically they're not.

BBS Signature

Response to Touchy subjects... 2015-11-19 15:47:21

At 11/19/15 03:38 PM, ArcadeDominator wrote:
At 11/19/15 03:23 PM, Bit wrote: But the people who did the Paris attack were Muslim.
Not really, they are the Shia, the original and only type there should be is Sunni. So technically they're not.

Is this the real life.

Response to Touchy subjects... 2015-11-19 15:48:56

At 11/19/15 03:07 PM, ArcadeDominator wrote: How can I talk about things like religion, without offending anyone of course.

Talk to no ends, talk ambiguously and talk perplexingly. Alternatively, debate.

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to Touchy subjects... 2015-11-19 15:52:03

At 11/19/15 03:47 PM, Bit wrote:
At 11/19/15 03:23 PM, Bit wrote: But the people who did the Paris attack were Muslim.
Is this the real life.

Could you clarify what you're trying to say?

BBS Signature

Response to Touchy subjects... 2015-11-19 15:54:42

At 11/19/15 03:48 PM, satanbrain wrote:
Talk to no ends, talk ambiguously and talk perplexingly. Alternatively, debate.

I wish I could, but winning an argument against him is waste of time, he's too vulnerable. He has done nothing wrong, but if he does, he will go down very easily.

BBS Signature

Response to Touchy subjects... 2015-11-19 15:59:06

At 11/19/15 03:52 PM, ArcadeDominator wrote:
At 11/19/15 03:47 PM, Bit wrote:
Is this the real life.
Could you clarify what you're trying to say?

You refuse to accept that a Muslim was responsible for a terrorist attack. So you make the claim that if they're a Shia then they're no true Muslim. Therefore, by your logic, a Muslim was not responsible for the attack.

But that's silly because the Shias are Muslims, too, and they even identify as Muslims. Claiming that they're 'no true Muslim' is not a reasonable counterargument. If you had simply read the Wikipedia page, you would have realized this.

Response to Touchy subjects... 2015-11-19 16:07:26 (edited 2015-11-19 16:09:05)

At 11/19/15 03:59 PM, Bit wrote: You refuse to accept that a Muslim was responsible for a terrorist attack. So you make the claim that if they're a Shia then they're no true Muslim. Therefore, by your logic, a Muslim was not responsible for the attack.

But that's silly because the Shias are Muslims, too, and they even identify as Muslims. Claiming that they're 'no true Muslim' is not a reasonable counterargument. If you had simply read the Wikipedia page, you would have realized this.

That's why I said "Technically". Shias are "technically not" Muslims, that's why I'm saying Muslims were "technically" not the once who attacked Paris. Can we finish the argument here, or do you wanna go on?

BBS Signature

Response to Touchy subjects... 2015-11-19 17:12:36

Lol, religion is dying off anyway. In the future people will look at you like you're crazy if you believe in religion, as opposed to decades ago, where you'd be looked at as crazy if you didn't believe in it.

Response to Touchy subjects... 2015-11-19 17:15:17

Talk about it on an anonymous message board.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Touchy subjects... 2015-11-19 23:21:23 (edited 2015-11-19 23:29:20)

snipped

edit: I just read op's post more thoroughly.

OP, will all due respect, you're a fucking idiot

BBS Signature

Response to Touchy subjects... 2015-11-19 23:45:56

Just stay open minded to others perspectives, and don't be overly critical.

I actually minored in theology and had to get an insight on many religions which all share many common things. Scientology was the only 'religion' that really seems off in the deep end,but even it has key elements that can be beneficial to a persons well being; I just dont fully agree with most "new aged beliefs" enough to follow it on a daily basis,but if it works for some then I'm fine with it as long as it doesn't hurt others

Are you not Entertained ?!?

BBS Signature

Response to Touchy subjects... 2015-11-20 01:53:45

At 11/19/15 11:21 PM, Monster64 wrote: snipped

edit: I just read op's post more thoroughly.

OP, will all due respect, you're a fucking idiot

How does it make me a "fucking idiot"?

BBS Signature

Response to Touchy subjects... 2015-11-20 01:57:03

At 11/19/15 11:45 PM, Swag-in-a-Bag wrote:

Just stay open minded to others perspectives, and don't be overly critical.

I actually minored in theology and had to get an insight on many religions which all share many common things. Scientology was the only 'religion' that really seems off in the deep end,but even it has key elements that can be beneficial to a persons well being; I just dont fully agree with most "new aged beliefs" enough to follow it on a daily basis,but if it works for some then I'm fine with it as long as it doesn't hurt others

----------------------------

Hey, a reply that is actuality could help, thanks! But, what's your religion anyways?

BBS Signature

Response to Touchy subjects... 2015-11-20 02:03:54

At 11/19/15 05:11 PM, Bryan wrote: It's funny because that literally doesn't change the point whatsoever.

Who the fuck invited you into this argument, I ended the argument, and you want to continue.

They're still "technically" Muslims, what the fuck.

I know that you dumb ass!

In what sense are they "technically not" Muslims, unless like Bit said you're arguing that they're not "true Muslims."

I know what were arguing about. Is that enough for you to fuck off? If you do, thanks :)

BBS Signature

Response to Touchy subjects... 2015-11-20 03:01:03

There is nothing wrong with discussing religion, but i think if people use it as a platform to preach their religious views that is where the problems lies.

Response to Touchy subjects... 2015-11-20 03:21:36

Try to be as respectful as possible. This does not that shouldn't question things. Religious people that can't tolerate being questioned should not be taken seriously. Don't use insults, because then however you're talking won't take you seriously. Also even though the person you're talking to might insult don't let this affect you, just keep calm and try to bring back the discussion on a civilized level. You don't the discusssion turn into a shitshow where you do nothing else than trade insults.

This are just some guidelines and won't ensure that someone will get offended. Because people are insecure little shits and will throw temper tantrums over the slights little things.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to Touchy subjects... 2015-11-21 16:10:02

At 11/20/15 01:57 AM, ArcadeDominator wrote:
----------------------------

Hey, a reply that is actuality could help, thanks! But, what's your religion anyways?

I believe in the God who sent me Jesus aka the same God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob

Are you not Entertained ?!?

BBS Signature

Response to Touchy subjects... 2015-11-21 17:41:03

What religion do you want to talk about? When do I get to insult people?

opiniones meae, facta omnibus

BBS Signature

Response to Touchy subjects... 2015-11-21 18:03:55

Anyone else notice the irony in OP's supposed desire not to offend when discussing religion, and yet *in the same thread*, he both takes great offense and greatly offends without even attempting to hold back?

At 11/19/15 03:59 PM, Bit wrote: You refuse to accept that a Muslim was responsible for a terrorist attack. So you make the claim that if they're a Shia then they're no true Muslim. Therefore, by your logic, a Muslim was not responsible for the attack.

Funny thing is Christians do this same stuff. Hell, I'm pretty sure most religions do. It's like every little sect wants to see their own group as the only true whatever. There can be like ten churches clustered together right across the street, side-by-side, etc..., and you wonder why there's so many if it's all the same religion why not just one church, but it's because pretty much none of them want to acknowledge any of the others as legit and so you're going to hell unless you go to "the right church" but which church that is depends entirely on who you ask, and the only thing they all agree on is they all hate other religious more than they hate each other and they all hate Atheists more than that even.

At 11/20/15 02:03 AM, ArcadeDominator wrote:
At 11/19/15 05:11 PM, Bryan wrote: It's funny because that literally doesn't change the point whatsoever.
Who the fuck invited you into this argument, I ended the argument, and you want to continue.

It's funny because argument doesn't work like that. You don't get to decide when it's over unless you stop participating in it, which you haven't done. In fact, you're continuing to argue with even more people. @Bit made a good point, @Bryan backed that up, and now I'm backing the both of them up on it. Because, see, we're arguing *the subject matter* which is the very subject of this discussion! You don't get to decide you disagree with someone and therefore no one else is allowed to share that person's point of view.

I don't disagree there are a great many religious factions which all view themselves as the only true whatever, but from an outside perspective, we label them all as whichever religion they label themselves as because otherwise the labeling just would get far too cumbersome. So, okay, while one kind of Muslim won't view some other kind as Muslim and vica-versa, if each group calls themselves Muslims then if we want to use a general term we say they're Muslims and if we want to be more specific then we specify exactly what kind they are. And we can sub-specify and sub-sub-specify and sub-sub-sub-specify ad-infinitum.

At 11/20/15 03:01 AM, FoAngel wrote: There is nothing wrong with discussing religion, but i think if people use it as a platform to preach their religious views that is where the problems lies.

Yeah but see this is exactly what they tend to do. They'll "share" their views with you but be completely unwilling to reciprocate and constantly badger you if you don't believe their views. Or at least that's been my experience with most religious folks.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Touchy subjects... 2015-11-21 21:27:45

Stop caring about if you're offending people or not. That way you don't have to worry (unless they're probably going to kill you if you do). You seem like the kind of person who would write a "trigger warning" before every post. Personally I think your touchiest subject is yourself. It's the one subject you just can't stop touching.

Touchy subjects...

PSN ID/Gamertag: KittensWithBeer

BBS Signature