00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Sodacomics just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Offering Low Cost Audio Mastering

3,264 Views | 31 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Offering Low Cost Audio Mastering 2016-02-03 07:24:58

At 1/30/16 09:25 PM, PeterSatera wrote:
At 1/28/16 09:42 PM, VJ1607 wrote: Let's be real here, how exactly do you expect that track to reach the level of the RSM one by mastering alone?
If you mixed it right and then mastered it you could get a good example. I could tell you a lot of the instruments/libs they use in their tracks, but the mixing and mastering is what brings it alive. I spoke to Blakus a bit about this too and he was saying he does all his own mastering for the likes of The Hobbit trailer, etc. if you watch his walkthrough of it, you can clearly hear the difference too from his live version to the final track. He's not using any special hardware either, he's using the same libs that most other people are using.

Anyway if you read my comment you would have realised that it wasn't about recreating their sounds, but an example of sound fullness and width along all the frequencies. But don't throw away how a mix and master can do a lot of heavy lifting in a track. Here's a short clip one of mine before the mixing and master and then with it, and I should add I'm far from a pro at this.

https://instaud.io/ite

I obviously read your message (why would I reply otherwise) and you were still talking about mastering and his abilities as a mastering engineer.

It's still an irrelevant comparison no matter how you mix that track. First off it's clearly not a trailer track. Additionally you are indirectly ignoring composition, instrumentation and sound design. Why?

You shouldn't mix your track to make up for the foundation and try to sound like a trailer track. You make a trailer track and use your mixing abilities to sound as good as possible. Applies to any other style or genre.

Response to Offering Low Cost Audio Mastering 2016-02-03 16:42:40

At 2/3/16 07:24 AM, VJ1607 wrote: I obviously read your message (why would I reply otherwise) and you were still talking about mastering and his abilities as a mastering engineer.

It's still an irrelevant comparison no matter how you mix that track. First off it's clearly not a trailer track. Additionally you are indirectly ignoring composition, instrumentation and sound design. Why?

You shouldn't mix your track to make up for the foundation and try to sound like a trailer track. You make a trailer track and use your mixing abilities to sound as good as possible. Applies to any other style or genre.

You're fishing for things to break my comment down, because you're looking to complain. It doesn't need to be a trailer track to convey an overall good mix and master. You're making the assumption my comment was about copying that sound, im not I'm using it to break down the width of the track and frequencies. So I'm not ignoring composition, instrumentation and sound design. In fact I went and quickly listened to a similar track which contained similar elements for comparison. Someone people do when they mix and master is get similar tracks and aim for that.

What is your intent behind your comments, because Subbace and myself are quite content with our conversation, you're the one to seem to have a problem with it.

BBS Signature