00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

8bit RPG HELP NEEDED :)

710 Views | 6 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

8bit RPG HELP NEEDED :) 2015-11-15 16:10:59

How's it going everyone? Apexx27/Patrick here. Call me which ever you'd rather.

REASON I AM HERE:

I was recently inspired by a few games I play and decided that Indie Game development sound like a career I'd love to have. While some Indie Games can be a one man job (as could be the game I am attempting), I would prefer to not have to do it alone.

THE PRODUCT: (Product currently being made in Game Maker Studio)

The game I am attempting to make is an 8-bit RPG similar to Earth Bound and Undertale. It is aimed to be very quirky and fun, while also making you prone to tearing up a lot.

THINGS I CAN DO AND THINGS I CANT DO:

I have the story thought up to basically where I want it to be. I am open to new ideas from possible team members I find here though. I am also capable of drawing decent sprite art in order to give any artist that joins me a good idea of how most characters should look. Once again I am open to all suggestions for tweeks to/completely new character ideas. As we speak, I am learning how to use game maker and how to code for tasks I want to make happen in game maker.

PAYMENT FOR POSSIBLE TEAM MEMBERS:

As of right now, I can not promise payment for actions. I was going to do all I could to make the game presentable to Kickstarter or Patreon before I started looking for help but that is looking to be taking longer than I was hoping for. For I am only one man. If I (or we, if anyone is generous enough) can get the game looking good enough for a Kickstarter project, I will make one and that is when I can start thinking about paying team members. Sorry if I sound like a clueless fool, I am new to this area of work. But I am very eager to get started.

Positions needed:

-Sprite Artist (message me for example concept art)

-Music composer (looking for a certain style, so please be prepared to show me some examples of yours)

-Programmer/Coder

- and probably other positions I am not thinking of. If you have a skill you think i havent mentioned and you think it could be useful here, please feel free to speak up :)

NOTE:
I AM SOMEWHAT NEW TO THIS GAME MAKING THING. IVE GOT A FEW BASICS DOWN AND FIGURED OUT. BUT IF ANY HELPFUL ADVICE CAN BE GIVEN, IT WOULD BE APPRECIATED. THANKS! :)

START AND END DATE: 11/15/2015 - 5/15/2015
(just following the date rule but tbh, you can respond to this post forever as long as this is statement is here and ill respond!)

IF YOU MADE IT THIS FAR THEN YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY SOME WHAT INTERESTED OR JUST REALLY NICE :D

SO NOW I CAN EXPLAIN THE GAME A LITTLE BIT:

It is called Over The Top. Its a game that I plan to be true to its name. I want this game to be truly special in the way that Earth Bound or The Mother series are. The way that Undertale has recently become very special to me. Id love to talk more about the inner details of the story and mechanics I plan to put in the game but obviously, everyone and anyone can see this post. So id rather you just message me or leave a reply here that i can respond to so we can talk a little about the project. Thanks for reading all this and i really hope we can get some cool things happening here.

Response to 8bit RPG HELP NEEDED :) 2015-11-15 23:12:15

If you want some music, I have some 8 bit sounding stuff for you to peruse.

Response to 8bit RPG HELP NEEDED :) 2015-11-18 00:18:35

At 11/16/15 12:46 AM, Cordyceps wrote:
At 11/15/15 04:10 PM, Apexxx27 wrote: Id love to talk more about the inner details of the story and mechanics I plan to put in the game but obviously, everyone and anyone can see this post.
Being vague isn't helpful. You're asking for an artist and a programmer, who will be doing the great majority of actual work. If you want to attract anybody to this project, you'll have to give a much more detailed synopsis of the project. Really sell it.

yes, i recently realized this while talking to a friend. Also, after seeing a few other posts here on this forum i see that i was not handling this well. Thank you for your honesty :)

Response to 8bit RPG HELP NEEDED :) 2015-11-18 01:36:50

At 11/15/15 11:12 PM, Xylophonewarrior wrote: If you want some music, I have some 8 bit sounding stuff for you to peruse.

thank you very much for the offer :) but after some thinking, ive decided to take a different approach to this. Seriously though, thanks for giving my post a few moments of your day.

Response to 8bit RPG HELP NEEDED :) 2015-11-18 06:15:48

At 11/18/15 01:36 AM, Apexxx27 wrote:
At 11/15/15 11:12 PM, Xylophonewarrior wrote: If you want some music, I have some 8 bit sounding stuff for you to peruse.
thank you very much for the offer :) but after some thinking, ive decided to take a different approach to this. Seriously though, thanks for giving my post a few moments of your day.

No problem

Response to 8bit RPG HELP NEEDED :) 2015-11-26 12:29:39

At 11/18/15 01:36 AM, Apexxx27 wrote:

Does that mean that you are no longer looking for artists on Newgrounds?
If so mods can close the thread so people like me don't come around looking for people to help only to find that the stuff is outdated.

If you mean you don't want 8bit music, then say it that way so other music peope can help out

Response to 8bit RPG HELP NEEDED :) 2015-11-29 23:22:31

I'm a freelance composer named Onodera. Feel free to check out my Soundcloud to see some of the different music I can offer. (relating to your game specifically, I actually use a lot of Earthbound soundfonts and frequently draw inspiration from both Earthbound and Undertale)

https://soundcloud.com/rayneonodera/in-the-city