00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ahmad117 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Paris shootings

8,953 Views | 139 Replies

Response to Paris shootings 2015-11-13 21:38:44

At 11/13/15 08:42 PM, Makakaov wrote: I WONDER what faith the terrorists were

I WONDER what would happen if people like you bothered to read the whole thread before you posted would be like.

This is absolutely just a horrible, disgusting awful situation. France already had a fuck ton of problems in terms of it's Muslim population integrating and what not....I have a terrible feeling that this is only going to make it worse. Hopefully it doesn't lead to "revenge" attacks against innocent Muslim's in an and around that area.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to Paris shootings 2015-11-13 21:52:12

At 11/13/15 09:18 PM, Sobolev wrote: Guns should be banned.

Oh wait... It wasn't the US.

Don't get me wrong though. It is not my point that gun controls don't work. The reasoning above is just as superficial as saying guns control must be strict in order to reduce homicide rates.

Sorry for being off-topic. Can't resist it. :-(

Latest TCs

I mainly focus on WPac and NATL basin.

Response to Paris shootings 2015-11-13 22:06:08

At 11/13/15 09:52 PM, Sobolev wrote:
At 11/13/15 09:18 PM, Sobolev wrote: Guns should be banned.
Don't get me wrong though. It is not my point that gun controls don't work. The reasoning above is just as superficial as saying guns control must be strict in order to reduce homicide rates.

Many religions have been destroyed over the course of history. People don't practice Atenism anymore. You could eliminate a religion by destroying records of it having existed, killing or reeducating its practitioners, and enforcing new religious beliefs. If that was done comprehensively to Islam, then extremist Islam it would not resurface. It's not like Mathematics, which has fundamental conclusions which will always be discovered when someone does enough work.

Just an 02er.

Response to Paris shootings 2015-11-13 22:09:38

hoax

Response to Paris shootings 2015-11-13 22:12:27 (edited 2015-11-13 22:18:33)

At 11/13/15 09:38 PM, aviewaskewed wrote:
At 11/13/15 08:42 PM, Makakaov wrote: I WONDER what faith the terrorists were
I WONDER what would happen if people like you bothered to read the whole thread before you posted would be like.

I WONDER why you're assuming I didn't read the whole thread before posting. The OP article doesn't mention anyting of muslims, users who started jumping on muslim bandwagon didn't bring up any evidence that these were actually muslims. Obviously we all know it's muslims because who else? But don't go jumping for my throat just because your view is skewed and you're prejudiced about muslims.

Response to Paris shootings 2015-11-13 22:44:30

At 11/13/15 10:09 PM, solamander wrote: hoax

Bruh...

Response to Paris shootings 2015-11-13 22:46:24

According to the reports coming into Australia "Islamic state" has claimed responsibility. It's absolutely horrible that these extremists feel they are doing the right thing and essentially leaves the other decent Islamic followers to bare the brunt of misplaced hatred.

Response to Paris shootings 2015-11-13 22:54:33

At 11/13/15 09:38 PM, aviewaskewed wrote: This is absolutely just a horrible, disgusting awful situation. France already had a fuck ton of problems in terms of it's Muslim population integrating and what not....I have a terrible feeling that this is only going to make it worse. Hopefully it doesn't lead to "revenge" attacks against innocent Muslim's in an and around that area.

why do you people care more about the muslims there than the hundreds of innocent people that had to die because of islam?

fu

Response to Paris shootings 2015-11-13 23:02:46

At 11/13/15 10:12 PM, Makakaov wrote: I WONDER why you're assuming I didn't read the whole thread before posting.

Because you made a snarky, one sentence question post that either showed your ignorance of who was claiming responsibility, or you thought you were being clever in saying "duh, the Muslims must have done it". Tedious either way.

The OP article doesn't mention anyting of muslims, users who started jumping on muslim bandwagon didn't bring up any evidence that these were actually muslims.

That evidence came in later, as you'd notice from the continued news coverage and as people related new figures for death tolls and such.

Obviously we all know it's muslims because who else?

Because they're the only ones that ever do terrorism? Right, I forgot. Just because asshats like Al Qaida and ISIS and the freaks and monsters inspired by them are grabbing the headlines, doesn't mean that all terrorism must obviously and irrevocably be attributed to them.

But don't go jumping for my throat just because your view is skewed and you're prejudiced about muslims.

How am I prejudiced? I jumped on you because I'm tired of folks like you with the snarky comments who think you're witty or you know something about something because you read an article or watched a quick news blurb.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to Paris shootings 2015-11-13 23:05:06

At 11/13/15 10:54 PM, StalkerGuy wrote:
At 11/13/15 09:38 PM, aviewaskewed wrote: This is absolutely just a horrible, disgusting awful situation. France already had a fuck ton of problems in terms of it's Muslim population integrating and what not....I have a terrible feeling that this is only going to make it worse. Hopefully it doesn't lead to "revenge" attacks against innocent Muslim's in an and around that area.
why do you people care more about the muslims there than the hundreds of innocent people that had to die because of islam?

Because normal, ordinary people are so passe these days. It's more important that minorities stay special snowflakes of the world than to preserve life of ordinary hard working people who built foundations of advanced world we know today.

Response to Paris shootings 2015-11-13 23:06:35

At 11/13/15 10:54 PM, StalkerGuy wrote: why do you people care more about the muslims there than the hundreds of innocent people that had to die because of islam?

They died because of the the fundamentalist way terrorist groups are interpreting Islam, instead of trying to update the religion to fit in with more modern standards. I at no point said I care more about anyone then anyone else. All negative repercussions from these attacks are bad. Obviously the worst elements are for those who lost their lives, but as I've seen happen in America since 9/11 the almost inevitable public backlash against innocent folks who share characteristics with the attackers but had nothing to do with the attacks is also a really bad and unfortunate situation. Why do I have to hold one position or the other? Why can't I hate each of those things at the same time?

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to Paris shootings 2015-11-13 23:14:41

At 11/13/15 11:06 PM, aviewaskewed wrote: They died because of the the fundamentalist way terrorist groups are interpreting Islam, instead of trying to update the religion to fit in with more modern standards.

What you should know is that the Quran quite literally, quite specifically, quite clearly states that any attempt to change the religion is an attack on believers which should be responded to by striking fear into the hearts of and slaughtering non-Muslims. All of these situations with Westerners trying to bring western philosophy or non-Islamic ideas to Islamic nations is described as... not sure how to put it. It's like if someone tried to come to you and teach you that 1+1=3, but you have a book which tells you specifically that any time someone tries to tell you that 1+1 doesn't equal 4, you should treat them as an enemy.

I wish I didn't have to write any of this stuff. I can't handle this conversation and I'm going to go do something else tonight.

Just an 02er.

Response to Paris shootings 2015-11-13 23:23:54

At 11/13/15 11:02 PM, aviewaskewed wrote:
At 11/13/15 10:12 PM, Makakaov wrote: I WONDER why you're assuming I didn't read the whole thread before posting.
Because you made a snarky, one sentence question post that either showed your ignorance of who was claiming responsibility, or you thought you were being clever in saying "duh, the Muslims must have done it". Tedious either way.

Or maybe I was just making a poetic remark on how people easily jump on muslim bandwagon without confirmation it's really muslims? Maybe I just wanted to point out that this question was never asked in the first place, and should be, somewhere between the news of tragedy and discussion about islam.

The OP article doesn't mention anyting of muslims, users who started jumping on muslim bandwagon didn't bring up any evidence that these were actually muslims.
That evidence came in later, as you'd notice from the continued news coverage and as people related new figures for death tolls and such.

Didn't read continued news coverage, it wasn't linked in the thread. I hope that you're not saying I didn't read the thread just because I wasn't following external medias ;^).

Obviously we all know it's muslims because who else?
Because they're the only ones that ever do terrorism?

Not really. More like because they're the only ones who RECENTLY commited MULTIPLE acts of terrorism in western Europe and that never was settled, nor properly punished by legal defenders of the victims (that is government, judges, etc.)

Right, I forgot. Just because asshats like Al Qaida and ISIS and the freaks and monsters inspired by them are grabbing the headlines, doesn't mean that all terrorism must obviously and irrevocably be attributed to them.

Bool = true, but it's not coincidence that we all knew it's muslims before it was proven. Or maybe we just experienced largest, multicontinental hivemind situation in the history?

But don't go jumping for my throat just because your view is skewed and you're prejudiced about muslims.
How am I prejudiced?

You simply jumped on the muslim bandwagon because for you obviously it must've been muslims.

I jumped on you because I'm tired of folks like you with the snarky comments who think you're witty or you know something about something because you read an article or watched a quick news blurb.

Wow, that's pretty - i hate this word but i have to use it - autistic. You're not center of the Earth, and just because you interpreted a comment a certain way it doesn't mean your interpretation is one and only. I wonder how you deal with the books and songs that have multiple meanings. And even If I was making a prejudiced comment myself, nothing fucking happened. Pull the stick out of your ass; you're not elite of the world because you took previously posted comments about muslims more seriously than I did. My comment added new stream of view at the thread and string of comments quoting that comment proves it. Few remarks about muslims do not settle anthing so obviously there was space for remarks like the one I did. Deal with it.

Response to Paris shootings 2015-11-14 00:12:17

At 11/13/15 11:14 PM, Profanity wrote:
What you should know is that the Quran quite literally....

I DO know that. Please don't assume that I don't. But what I also know is that folks who identify as Muslim have as recently as a few hours ago said things similar to what I just said. So it is entirely possible for someone to identify as Muslim, but not be the same kind of Muslim as Al Qaida is. Just like you can identify as Christian, but not do the same shit as really evil folks like Hitler who also identify as Christian did.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to Paris shootings 2015-11-14 00:14:29

At 11/13/15 11:23 PM, Makakaov wrote: Or maybe I was just making a poetic remark on how people easily jump on muslim bandwagon without confirmation it's really muslims? Maybe I just wanted to point out that this question was never asked in the first place, and should be, somewhere between the news of tragedy and discussion about islam.

Hard to tell from a vague one sentence reply buddy.

Wow, that's pretty - i hate this word but i have to use it - autistic.

Then you really shouldn't. Because you know, autism is a real disability and shit. Maybe you could have defined it another way, called me arrogant, called me self-centered, something like that? Yeah, those would have been better. Don't think any of those labels fit. I think you're overreacting in the same way you're accusing me of doing. But I agree, you definitely could have worded that shit differently.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to Paris shootings 2015-11-14 00:29:47

At 11/14/15 12:14 AM, aviewaskewed wrote:
At 11/13/15 11:23 PM, Makakaov wrote: Or maybe I was just making a poetic remark on how people easily jump on muslim bandwagon without confirmation it's really muslims? Maybe I just wanted to point out that this question was never asked in the first place, and should be, somewhere between the news of tragedy and discussion about islam.
Hard to tell from a vague one sentence reply buddy.

If it's hard to tell then I simply don't understand how You were so sure. That sure ass hell can be called

arrogant

I was actually making a sarcastic remark about muslims, but it's not the point. You disliked your unjustified feeling that I didn't browse the thread beforehand, I didn't like the fact that you didn't like it.

I consider it all settled and explained. No beef. Take care, and pray for Paris or something like that.

Response to Paris shootings 2015-11-14 00:32:37 (edited 2015-11-14 00:32:55)

At 11/14/15 12:12 AM, aviewaskewed wrote: I don't understand that. Please don't assume that I do. But what I know is that folks who identify as Muslim have as recently as a few hours ago said things similar to what I just said. So it is entirely possible for someone to identify as Muslim, but not be the same kind of Muslim as Al Qaeda is. Just like you can identify as Christian, but not do the same shit as really evil folks like Hitler who also identify as Christian did.

I can't help but think you have an incredibly naive outlook on the situation. That comparison you made could be somewhat equivalent only if all of the antisemitic political tracts Hitler read in Vienna had actually been books within the Bible which literally said "Oh, by the way. Train yourself to be a powerful public speaker, rise to power within national politics, and use your position to commit genocide against minorities and people with disabilities."

You cannot ignore the fact that the Quran is the primary source of extremism. Just because other Ibrahimic religions have managed to claw their way out of the dark ages does not mean Islam is capable of doing the same. It might be impossible to reconcile the West's pick-your-favorite-parts disregard-the-gross-stuff religious doctrines with the core teachings of Muhammed.

Just an 02er.

Response to Paris shootings 2015-11-14 00:36:40

And Norway just disarmed their police. What does that tell you?

You haven't seen me yet.

Response to Paris shootings 2015-11-14 00:39:57

Jesus Christ, over 100 people dead.

Fuck this is bad. God damn.

My topics when I wasn't an asshole...12

NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO STEAL AND/OR EDIT MY SIG WITHOUT MY PERMISSION

BBS Signature

Response to Paris shootings 2015-11-14 00:51:34 (edited 2015-11-14 00:53:07)

At 11/13/15 08:59 PM, Makakaov wrote: Yeah, don't bring that kind of profiling. The fact that all of those extremists are muslim and that they always find refuge in those non-extremist muslim communities is OBVIOUSLY a coincidence.

you raise a good point, but you're afraid to go deep enough. why is there so much violence in the middle east? religious terrorism. why is there so much violence in europe? religious and nationalist terrorism. why is there so much violence in america? poverty, mental illness, and a culture of death. but dear reader, there is one common link, one fundamental factor underlying all of this violence: all of those who would kill another with guns, bombs, or other tools of destruction are men

90% of assaults in the us are committed by men. men are naturally more violent, aggressive, and quick to anger and lash out at others. men are the predominant drivers of violent death around the world. yet the politically correct liberal media is afraid to call out this simple truth: that a predominant majority of all violence in the world is carried out by a minority class of dangerous, unhinged people. men must be controlled, restrained, and, if necessary, killed before they can kill others. and i guarantee all eight of these paris attackers, like so many before them, were men

now some namby pamby bleeding heart liberals would say that many men reject violence, that men can be great scholars, and healers, and world leaders. and this is true - some men do manage to not kill or maim anyone during their tortured pervert existence. but when a man kills dozens, do you see men standing up and speaking out against this rampant plague of male violence? no. men, as a whole, never attempt to explain their kind or decry this ridiculous spate of killings, assaults, and violence against others

i beg you to stop being a hypocrite, and realize that backwards, degenerate men are more dangerous than the ivory tower kumbyah intellectuals would have you believe. make up your own mind. do the research, lest you be led astray like a common sheep with these soothing lies that men aren't a fundamental threat to western civilization

BBS Signature

Response to Paris shootings 2015-11-14 01:40:05 (edited 2015-11-14 01:43:02)

At 11/14/15 12:51 AM, Feoric wrote:
At 11/13/15 08:59 PM, Makakaov wrote: Yeah, don't bring that kind of profiling. The fact that all of those extremists are muslim and that they always find refuge in those non-extremist muslim communities is OBVIOUSLY a coincidence.
men are root of all evil

You can start overthrowing masculine reggime by castrating yourself and shutting the fuck up.

10/10, because I replied.

Response to Paris shootings 2015-11-14 01:44:01

Call me when the French do what they do best.

ie surrender

Oldskies lmao

BBS Signature

Response to Paris shootings 2015-11-14 04:43:40

Unbelieveably sad :(

The cake is a liar!

BBS Signature

Response to Paris shootings 2015-11-14 08:38:41

At 11/14/15 04:25 AM, Vixuzar wrote: I saw this on the news.
128 Killed 32 (Or more) wounded

I saw that too. R.I.P. Not sure what was motivating this attack.

Response to Paris shootings 2015-11-14 09:08:16

At 11/14/15 08:38 AM, supra187 wrote:
At 11/14/15 04:25 AM, Vixuzar wrote: I saw this on the news.
128 Killed 32 (Or more) wounded
I saw that too. R.I.P. Not sure what was motivating this attack.

Islamic Extremism....

Response to Paris shootings 2015-11-14 09:36:36

At 11/14/15 12:51 AM, Feoric wrote:

10/10 Would steal and post on background of clouds and meme

This is a song about death. It's on mandolin.

Hate is the first step to all solutions.

You will not end bigotry until you learn to hate it.

BBS Signature

Response to Paris shootings 2015-11-14 10:48:53 (edited 2015-11-14 10:54:42)

Cartoonist lad, occasional BBS poster and all-round human hailing from the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

NOTICE: Anyone caught posting A.I. 'art' on Newgrounds.com will have their balls ripped off and flushed down the toilet.

BBS Signature

Response to Paris shootings 2015-11-14 11:06:16

Pray for Paris!

Response to Paris shootings 2015-11-14 11:21:04

At 11/14/15 11:06 AM, wolfe wrote: Pray for Paris!

And how should one be praying exactly?
As a Christian, I'll be transparent:
I pray for my heart to soften and not grow hard toward those that would say they have a deep conviction to be Muslim. Stories like these tend to get me angry toward them, but I have to remind myself that we ought to hate the acts and love the people behind these atrocities enough for their repentance just like how I pray for us all to repent and trust in Christ,
because death is near us all.

Response to Paris shootings 2015-11-14 11:26:11

At 11/14/15 11:21 AM, TNT wrote: http://www.deviantart.com/art/Pray-foR-PARIS-572114458

That's stolen from Jean Jullien, by the way. What kind of piece of shit scumbag motherfucker would steal art to capitalize on a tragedy like this?

Original:

Paris shootings