00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Altongoodbottle just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The NG Content Mash-Up Game!

525 Views | 0 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

The NG Content Mash-Up Game! 2015-11-06 12:57:37

Disclaimer: I did try to sell this idea to the General Forum first, (since I was afraid the game would distract from the hard work that goes into this forum) but it didn't sell. I noticed that this forum generally has already existing or thought-up projects being worked on, and the goal of this game was to create something out of our madness. So I hope this idea is regarded as a venue for you guys to have fun while also maybe creating an idea that'll be picked up by all the great content makers here.

The incredible collaborative projects in this forum are a defining factor of the content-rich community here on Newgrounds, and I thought it'd be fun if we could play a little creative game of mash-up, using our very own community's creations. Rather than use Hollywood or Triple-A productions, we'll use content from the 4 Portals to conjure up some ideas that the community might be inclined to pick up!

The goal can be whatever you'd like, based on how you feel at the time of posting:

- Maybe you feel constructive, and would like to see a game or movie improved with better art, or better BGM / sound FX?
- Maybe you feel creative or unhinged, and would like two concepts that would otherwise never meet, smashed together!
- Maybe you feel like disturbing some shit, and just want to come up with something absolutely ridiculous - as long as it follows the rules of the game and the BBS, why the hell not! Just let those creative juices flow!

Whatever suits your taste at the time of posting, just know you have to follow this simple format to carry the game on properly:

1. State your goal(I'd like to see this improved... I'd like to see this created... I'd like to disturb the peace with tentacles...)
2. Pick two (or more) different pieces of work from the NG community (and source them, we wanna' get content known!)
3. State and explain what you would like to see done with the content cited (how art, music, content, whatever is changed)
4. Finalize the result with the expected outcome of your dreams, and give it a title if you'd like!
(Pico's Madness Interactive: Dating Sim? waaaaaat)

Just to keep the posts of a reasonable size, we'll start with a maximum 4 piece mashup (that is, you can source up to 4 distinct pieces for your mash and no more!)

For example (and as a first submission to our game):

I would like to see (1)a game created where the (2)audio track, Panda Eyes - Highscore

is (3)brought to life by the (2)art styling displayed in, The Day Doc and Marty time traveled here

(4)The game would be called Panda Eyes Travels to the Hi-Score, a game where you play as a techno-punk Panda in the future, who time travels across different games throughout the ages to achieve the highest score in every game.

I would hope everybody is able to engage with everyone else to share their thoughts on each other's ideas, praising or criticizing (constructively, if the goal was to be constructive and not silly in their mash up) the new creations!

So, whether you think an existing piece of work (from any portal) can be improved by another existing piece of work (from any portal), or if you'd like to create anything completely new by merging two things to life, or just shit-disturb by destroying our childhood games with some tentacle hentai adventure, come here to let your madness run wild!

The plan is to periodically send out PMs to the artists and creators who get featured/mentioned in this thread, to see what they think of our mash ups, and maybe even see something come to fruition! If not that, at least it'll put a smile on their faces (I think so, anyway). And of course, maybe this can generate some ideas that a team may want to pick up!

I hope this thread is able to shine light onto undiscovered or unrecognized talent here on NG, while at the same time giving a bunch of us forum lurkers and content makers something fun to do with the very content that makes this place so awesome!

And of course, this thread is for you guys, so if there are any suggestions, criticisms or other comments you have feel free to share.

I'm not agoraphobic. I just really hate having to wear pants.

BBS Signature