00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MLouise just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Audio software

977 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Audio software 2015-11-02 22:39:03

I'm new to this and I'd like some help because you guys seem to know what you're doing.

Response to Audio software 2015-11-03 00:04:29 (edited 2015-11-03 00:04:43)

So what exactly do you need? You need to be a bit (a TON) more specific.

I make music.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio software 2015-11-03 00:38:16

for "making beats": live, fl studio, reason, logic, renoise

for recording music: cubase, protools, reaper - most of the programs listed above are also good for this

for recording/editing audio and converting file formats: audacity, goldwave

there are others but i guess those are the main ones

p.s. i am gay

Response to Audio software 2015-11-03 13:42:49

If your new to music software I'd go with Logic X or Ableton. I found myself very intimated when starting with Fruity Loops (FL) just from the way it looked, however it is very easy make a nice drum beat.

I like Logic X just fro the sake that it saves time on basically everything - Loading tracks, assigning instruments, Send/returns etc. - it also is user friendly compared to others I've tried and has a score function, so instead of a just a piano roll you have a score sheet too if your more of a theory guy.
It's also the cheapest out of all the other DAWs! However Logic X is an apple product, so if your PC I don't believe you can purchase this.

Ableton also (as said above) is good for beat making. you have an arrangement section and a Live section. The Live section is where you can record and audition your instruments. Once you record and edit to your liking you throw it onto your arrangement page.
It also very handy in automation and flexing or "warping" audio files.

Pro Tools is great if you know what your doing, and very expensive, but there are cheaper versions like Pro Tools LE that give basic features to create music.
However, again, if you are new to this I would avoid Pro Tools as it is the least user friendly out all the DAW's because you must set up and route everything. - Loading tracks, assigning instruments, Send/returns etc.
I personally use it for mixing or editing audio because it has tools and "quick keys" that makes editing audio much faster.

Cubase - I've never touched, but I've heard its similar as the way Pro Tools works.

Reason is great...and I mean GREAT for sound design. It has a Rack feature where you can load Reason's synths and route them into each other. Because of the Rack feature, it has a good visual representation for routing purposes. It's also easy to get around and get down to creating music.
However, Reason does not allow third party plug-in's like all the other music softwares, so your stuck with what reason gives you or what they sell on their companies website.

The other's mentioned are also worth checking out, but at the end of the day they all do the same thing.

Do your research and no matter which one you pick, in time you will grow to understand it and make great music.
If you didn't understand some terms I used then please google it and once you choose one look up basic tutorials on how to get around because nothing is worse than spending money on something and not knowing how to zoom in. :)

Hope this helps and PM if you have any questions!