00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

StickmanMarkinson just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Back to the Future was SO far off.

2,237 Views | 29 Replies

And I think the reason they got the future so wrong is because of what Marty and doc did to the timeline we find ourself in.
Everything they did back in 1885, 1955 and in 1985 created a butterfly effect resulting in our hoverboard-less and flying-car-less 2015. :(

Makes sense to me. Those bastards.

Play my epic RPG - The Awakening - and your life will change forever!

... but I'm legally obligated not to say that.

Response to Back to the Future was SO far off. 2015-10-21 07:01:48

Cool of you to not credit me.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to Back to the Future was SO far off. 2015-10-21 07:29:30

No you foolish little chap,
the reason BttF's version of 2015 is so far off is because they needed the future to look interesting as hell because it's a movie. What great movie doesn't have futuristic technology and sex??

Response to Back to the Future was SO far off. 2015-10-21 07:43:05

At 10/21/15 07:29 AM, MonkeyDLuffy wrote: No you foolish little chap,
the reason BttF's version of 2015 is so far off is because they needed the future to look interesting as hell because it's a movie. What great movie doesn't have futuristic technology and sex??

One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest? No wait that has a (implied) sex scene it, dammit!

BBS Signature

Response to Back to the Future was SO far off. 2015-10-21 08:05:29

At 10/21/15 07:43 AM, Mismo wrote:
One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest? No wait that has a (implied) sex scene it, dammit!

I've heard that's one of the best movies ever made in the last 100 years

Response to Back to the Future was SO far off. 2015-10-21 08:06:31

There are hover boards, just not mass produced.... yet.

BBS Signature

Response to Back to the Future was SO far off. 2015-10-21 08:19:08

At 10/21/15 08:05 AM, MonkeyDLuffy wrote:
At 10/21/15 07:43 AM, Mismo wrote:
I've heard that's one of the best movies ever made in the last 100 years

Holy shit the art of cinema has existed for a hundred years!

But yeah it's pretty good. Might even go so far to say it's one of my favorites.

BBS Signature

Response to Back to the Future was SO far off. 2015-10-21 08:23:56

Isn't the reason because the main character introduced skateboards or whatever to the past much earlier than it was supposed to?

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Not entirely,

Infact, a lot of things we have made now like Holograms

and Hoverboards

BBS Signature

Response to Back to the Future was SO far off. 2015-10-21 08:41:32

At 10/21/15 08:33 AM, yurgenburgen wrote:
At 10/21/15 08:23 AM, Radaketor wrote: Isn't the reason because the main character introduced skateboards or whatever to the past much earlier than it was supposed to?
holy wljbafbSADLFSDL I only just realised this
I've seen all the BttFs hundreds of times

Did i just crack the code?

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to Back to the Future was SO far off. 2015-10-21 09:23:23

We're not more technologically advanced because BttF didn't consider the fact that it's 2015, and people are still racist and/or constantly play the race card, which significantly slows down human innovation.

Plenty of great scientists have put on the news only to become instantly more stupid when faced with headlines like "Black man killed by white cops, thousands of peaceful protesters riot and loot in the streets"

More on this story at 11

The Newgrounds Revolution isn't a thing, quit being a pussy.

BBS Signature

Response to Back to the Future was SO far off. 2015-10-21 10:24:45

We have the Occulus and Playstation VR now so I would say we're not too far off from the futures that have been envisioned. And don't forget to throw in the iPhones and iPads from Star Trek.

You haven't seen me yet.

Response to Back to the Future was SO far off. 2015-10-21 11:19:21

At 10/21/15 06:19 AM, RockLou wrote: Everything they did back in 1885, 1955 and in 1985 created a butterfly effect resulting in our hoverboard-less and flying-car-less 2015. :(

That's more of less what this video says.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to Back to the Future was SO far off. 2015-10-21 13:44:15

At 10/21/15 08:38 AM, DragonRock73 wrote: Not entirely,

Infact, a lot of things we have made now like Holograms

Those are projected onto a solid screen. It's not like the holographic shark from the second movie. This is a better hologram which is projected directly into empty space and transparent materials by energizing pockets of air..

and Hoverboards

We don't have those yet, but they are possible. The existing hoverboards float by quantum locking between a low temperature metal and a magnet. They run on metal strips. Someone just has to figure out how to create an extremely powerful magnetic monopole which can use quantum locking to buffer against the earth's magnetic field.

Just an 02er.

Response to Back to the Future was SO far off. 2015-10-21 18:32:26

Maybe they were spot-on and we just fail to use our ressources and technology well. Back to the future was not the only thing that predicted things like flying cars, hoverboards, etc.

Response to Back to the Future was SO far off. 2015-10-21 22:33:40

Like all fiction, it predicted a lot of things based on fantastic imagination rather than actual science, which should've been kind of obvious considering that there was no flux capacitor on a Delorean back in 1985 in real life. Not to mention that the future in BTTF changes every time Marty and Doc Brown go back or forwards in time. On a technical level, a lot of the technology in BTTF could've have been made today, much less in other sci-fi movies that had things like hoverboards or flying cars or even Nike shoes that velcro themselves as soon as you put them on {still don't know why anyone hasn't thought of that} but the reason why they haven't been made is because there has been little need to do so or demand for it, on a mass scale at least.

Plus they predicted that the Cubs would win the World Series in a 5 game sweep, that alone means that BTTF wasn't exactly the best predictor of future events, though you could say the same thing for most sci-fi movies.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Back to the Future was SO far off. 2015-10-21 23:38:12

Dancing Psyduck Dauntly Reaching ||||| Astolfo explores my colon with his Monster can. ||||| Praise be unto Satsuki-sama's ass. ||||| Anime tiddies

Response to Back to the Future was SO far off. 2015-10-22 03:09:45

At 10/21/15 10:08 PM, dem0lecule wrote: Relevant pic.

That's a Mustang, right?
Which is kinda funny, because at one point Ford offered to pay $7.5k if the time machine was a Mustang instead of a DeLorean

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | Gamertag: Eddmario

Official MLP: FIM crew. | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Back to the Future was SO far off. 2015-10-22 03:29:20

I'm just upset that we haven't abolished lawyers yet. That sounded like a pleasant future.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Back to the Future was SO far off. 2015-10-22 04:30:36

We still need dehydrated pizzas in our lives...

Response to Back to the Future was SO far off. 2015-10-22 17:58:08

They always say we'll have flying cars in 30 years.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Back to the Future was SO far off. 2015-10-22 22:30:26

I didn't even see the first one.
What was it about?

BBS Signature

Response to Back to the Future was SO far off. 2015-10-23 03:56:16

At 10/22/15 10:30 PM, Avery wrote: I didn't even see the first one.
What was it about?

Marty went back to 1955 and screwed up so his parents never met. He spent the movie trying to make his nerd dad make a move on his mom who fell in love with him instead. so yeah...
It's the best of the three movies.

Response to Back to the Future was SO far off. 2015-10-28 09:32:40

I saw no fewer than two videos that showed a real life hoverboard that turned out to be staged. Christopher Lloyd was even in one of them, but it was just something made by Collegehumor. I heard they may in fact be in production, but don't count on it.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

At 10/21/15 08:06 AM, killerjeff wrote: There are hover boards, just not mass produced.... yet.

i bet there wont be any hoverboards around anymore if i jammed my thumb up your ass

BBS Signature

Response to Back to the Future was SO far off. 2015-10-28 10:43:37

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature

Response to Back to the Future was SO far off. 2015-10-28 12:57:06

The producers never intended to make a realistic 2015.

Response to Back to the Future was SO far off. 2015-10-28 13:36:44

No shit, my friend.

Response to Back to the Future was SO far off. 2015-10-28 14:59:00

At 10/28/15 09:38 AM, Monster64 wrote:
At 10/21/15 08:06 AM, killerjeff wrote: There are hover boards, just not mass produced.... yet.
i bet there wont be any hoverboards around anymore if i jammed my thumb up your ass

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN OH SHIT

Response to Back to the Future was SO far off. 2015-10-29 11:40:18

At 10/28/15 07:57 PM, SansNumbers wrote: The first time I watched BttF was actually on the 21st. As Doc and Marty went into 2015 my friend sitting next to me said "here's the first thing they got wrong: rain in California!"

What did you think of the movie?