00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

FUNKY animation for my game

565 Views | 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hey folks from Newgrounds, how's it going?

I did a pretty funky animation to start promoting the first comercial game I'm developing. Newgrounds is a pretty cool place that I use to visit since long time, so why not share it here as well? So here it is and hope you guys enjoy it as much as I did making it and leave some feedback if you so desire:

Party Time

And worry not, because the first gameplay footage is coming pretty soon... the game is in a pretty advanced stage actually, but this is the first thing I'm showing around!

Meanwhile, just looking at this animation, what would you guys guess the gameplay is like?

Response to FUNKY animation for my game 2015-10-21 05:06:25

Cute art style dude :)

Love the style!

I'm gonna guess that you try to kill all of them as fast as you can by punching them, and using power ups to improve your punching, with platformer like gameplay.

Well, what you guessed was not that far off, agamingrock... hehe

Anyway, I released the first gameplay footage of the project, so you can check what the game actually looks like... take a look:

Sweet Action

At 10/27/15 10:34 PM, EdCardoso wrote: Sweet Action

So is it a go until you die then spend money collected on upgrades to get further kind of game? If so, does it have an eventually ending or is it never-ending? Or are their levels or waves that you can beat?

Either way it is look great so far ^_^

Response to FUNKY animation for my game 2015-10-28 01:18:21

At 10/28/15 12:15 AM, Hero101 wrote:
At 10/27/15 10:34 PM, EdCardoso wrote: Sweet Action
So is it a go until you die then spend money collected on upgrades to get further kind of game? If so, does it have an eventually ending or is it never-ending? Or are their levels or waves that you can beat?

Either way it is look great so far ^_^

The game structure is a bit different. It's a single continuous stage, but if you die, it's game over (although you can save state and load from that point if you die, otherwise you'll restart from the very begining - saves are limited by cooldown). You can spend the golden particles you collect on Upgrades and Power-Ups, wich will help you survive the increasing challenges that will appear on the sphere.

And yes, there is a very defined final objective for the game! Wich basically involves filling a Super Duper Special Bar (the one on the top right) wich in turn allows you to perform a fucking beast of an attack, wich in turn will damage the big sphere you're on top of! Repeat the process until you destroy it and you win the game :)

Response to FUNKY animation for my game 2015-10-28 12:28:33

At 10/28/15 01:18 AM, EdCardoso wrote:
)

Sounds like fun dude ^_^ Have an idea when it may be finished?

Response to FUNKY animation for my game 2015-10-28 21:49:37

At 10/28/15 12:28 PM, Hero101 wrote:
At 10/28/15 01:18 AM, EdCardoso wrote:
)
Sounds like fun dude ^_^ Have an idea when it may be finished?

I'm expecting the PC version to be done around February-March of next year. Then comes the mobile versions a couple of months later. The bulk of the game is almost done.

Anyways, I'll be posting new stuff from the project regularly in the Facebook page... check it out once in a while if you got interested in it!