00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

lucidstriker595 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

How does this place make you feel?

2,486 Views | 38 Replies

It's been a while since I've actively posted on Newgrounds.
Randomly saw Canabalt mentioned somewhere, played it on NG for a while and eventually stumbled back upon this place.

Now, when I was active the BBS' glory days were already long gone. I just wanted to know if stuff got even worse, and ask any people still dedicated to posting if it's all worth it?
How does this place make you feel, whether this is your first day or you've been lurking since '06?

*sigh*

BBS Signature

Response to How does this place make you feel? 2015-10-17 15:32:11

it make me feel smug and it entertaining reading posts from a bunch of misguided crazy people

Response to How does this place make you feel? 2015-10-17 15:33:53

You haven't been gone that long have you...?

I feel it's a place. There's good, bad and ugly.

Response to How does this place make you feel? 2015-10-17 15:36:20

At 10/17/15 03:33 PM, someaveragechap wrote: You haven't been gone that long have you...?

I made a couple of posts during the holiday when I had nothing to do, but yeah I think it's been since May or so.
That's the thing though, I feel like being dedicated to something like posting on boards can be surprisingly time-consuming, and a lot happened in the time that I made less time for my computer and more time for friends and such.

*sigh*

BBS Signature

Response to How does this place make you feel? 2015-10-17 15:37:37

This is my, *Happy Place!*

Response to How does this place make you feel? 2015-10-17 15:47:11

Getting bored of it tbh

The Newgrounds Revolution isn't a thing, quit being a pussy.

BBS Signature

Response to How does this place make you feel? 2015-10-17 15:49:37

At 10/17/15 03:36 PM, Splats wrote:
At 10/17/15 03:33 PM, someaveragechap wrote: You haven't been gone that long have you...?

I made a couple of posts during the holiday when I had nothing to do, but yeah I think it's been since May or so.
That's the thing though, I feel like being dedicated to something like posting on boards can be surprisingly time-consuming, and a lot happened in the time that I made less time for my computer and more time for friends and such.

When were the glory days? I wonder if I was around for that. I haven't been back here in so long too. Its been longer than since May I think. I posted here all the time when I was in middle school. Now I'm a redditor, and coming back to NG is kinda weird. It's so much smaller. I wonder what the age demographic is

Zombies! Ahhh! || GT: Rage the Worm

BBS Signature

Response to How does this place make you feel? 2015-10-17 15:57:10

At 10/17/15 03:49 PM, Zeldakrazed7 wrote:
At 10/17/15 03:36 PM, Splats wrote:

When were the glory days? I wonder if I was around for that. I haven't been back here in so long too. Its been longer than since May I think. I posted here all the time when I was in middle school. Now I'm a redditor, and coming back to NG is kinda weird. It's so much smaller. I wonder what the age demographic is

True. I meant my days on here were pretty much over in May. The "glory days" are generally considered '05-'07 all the way up till '09, depending on who you ask. It is pretty much a small scale hybrid between 4chan and reddit, that's why I used to like it here, I guess. Not edgy enough for 4chan, not boring enough for reddit.

*sigh*

BBS Signature

Response to How does this place make you feel? 2015-10-17 19:05:16

At 10/17/15 03:36 PM, Splats wrote: I made less time for my computer and more time for friends and such.

I thought we were your friends.

At 10/17/15 03:49 PM, Zeldakrazed7 wrote: Now I'm a redditor, and coming back to NG is kinda weird.

Yeah being less surrounded by cancer can feel awkward at first but you should get used to it after the eggs we infested inside your skull hatch.

It's so much smaller. I wonder what the age demographic is

Smaller communities are more well-knit and less intimidating to new users.
Age demographic is probably older than you might think, i rarely see people younger than 15 and apparently a few years ago it mostly consisted of 13 year olds. I'd say 19-25.

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to How does this place make you feel? 2015-10-17 21:22:07

I miss seeing hundreds of users active on the forum at once. The place used to be a clusterfuck and finding friends within the chaos was a fun experience. Now it just feels like a little clubhouse. It's nice to know everyone, but there's like such a small flow of new users that the place just turns into a boring little echochamber.

At 10/17/15 07:52 PM, MemeFiend wrote: There's no such thing as the 'glory days' of a forum tbh
Just the old fucks remember it better than it was and the new fucks believe them and "X website has been shit ever since '0X " essantially becomes a meme.

It says here you joined Newgrounds in 2015. How do you know when the BBS was at its prime? Were you here to see the endless shitstorms involving Alvin-Earthworm, Rina-chan, illwillpress, etc? Were you here to see everyone lose their shit when Beaver-Beaver "locked" that hate thread? Were you here during the plague of Sonic-recoloring fanboys? Did you see dickneck, the sister of dickneck, or even the boy whose name was "Kindergarten". You missed out on EVERYTHING. 2015 was the most boring year for the BBS and you made your account at the ass-end of it.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to How does this place make you feel? 2015-10-17 21:50:07

This place makes me feel like I'm using a website.

Ecchi first, ask questions never.

BBS Signature

Response to How does this place make you feel? 2015-10-17 22:42:46

At 10/17/15 09:52 PM, MemeFiend wrote: Yeah, I'm sure i missed a lot there, fammy.

You did. The BBS is slow and boring now. And I only listed events that I saw which only took place between late 2007 and 2010.

BBS Signature

Response to How does this place make you feel? 2015-10-17 23:37:41

sometimes its just pure bullshit on here

but sometimes there are some clever people and its funny to read some of the stuff that gets posted.

BBS Signature

Response to How does this place make you feel? 2015-10-18 00:10:29

At 10/17/15 11:32 PM, MemeFiend wrote:
At 10/17/15 10:42 PM, Chdonga wrote: You did. The BBS is slow and boring now. And I only listed events that I saw which only took place between late 2007 and 2010.
Remember when i said
"the old fucks remember it better than it was"
?

It's not like the just turned into a ghost town the day before you joined. The site started slowing down around 2011. At least that's what I've seen. Ask some '06ers or older. Use the Wayback Machine. The BBS was a lot livelier than it is now, and I'm not giving the site as much credit as it deserves because I joined pretty late in the day.

BBS Signature

Response to How does this place make you feel? 2015-10-18 00:44:52

At 10/17/15 03:26 PM, Splats wrote:
How does this place make you feel?

Warm and moist.

"you hate gays, believe in god, and dislike my posts, I still think you're cool"-FurryFox

"TarahlovesJBKscawk"-Tarah, "Those (under)pants are just adorable"-Gagsy

Last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to How does this place make you feel? 2015-10-18 01:11:11

At 10/17/15 03:58 PM, yurgenburgen wrote: it's as good as it's ever been for me
I like it here

Same here,even though they changed it up a lot..I miss the old days where it were easier to get blams/saves...and the BBS was more active..

But..I like it now,too...sometimes change brings in better..we shall see!

BBS Signature

Response to How does this place make you feel? 2015-10-18 06:34:34

At 10/17/15 07:05 PM, Radaketor wrote:
At 10/17/15 03:36 PM, Splats wrote: I made less time for my computer and more time for friends and such.
I thought we were your friends.

You are. You've changed a lot man I remember when you were a magikarp

*sigh*

BBS Signature

Response to How does this place make you feel? 2015-10-18 08:22:20

At 10/18/15 06:34 AM, Splats wrote: You are. You've changed a lot man I remember when you were a magikarp

Still a Magikarp on the inside.

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

I'll always be here.

This is maybe the only place a lunatic like myself can actually somewhat fit in.

Response to How does this place make you feel? 2015-10-18 09:29:19

It gives me tingles.

Response to How does this place make you feel? 2015-10-18 09:34:00

It doesn't provide me the same sort of amusement that I had earlier 15 years ago but I suppose it's still good ,hard to believe the hours that went by.

Response to How does this place make you feel? 2015-10-18 09:40:13

At 10/17/15 03:57 PM, Splats wrote: Not edgy enough for 4chan, not boring enough for reddit.

The thing is, 4chan's not even really all that edgy compared to some places. It just has a reputation of being "that edgy site" to the general public. Has it pulled some edge on occasion? Sure. Is it "the worst place on the Internet?" Far from it. Is it edgier than Newgrounds? Of course. Is Newgrounds edgier than some sites? Of course.

And Reddit is an entirely mixed bag. You'll have the tame to the extreme there.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to How does this place make you feel? 2015-10-19 14:03:32

At 10/18/15 09:40 AM, NeonSpider wrote:
At 10/17/15 03:57 PM, Splats wrote: Not edgy enough for 4chan, not boring enough for reddit.
The thing is, 4chan's not even really all that edgy compared to some places. It just has a reputation of being "that edgy site" to the general public. Has it pulled some edge on occasion? Sure. Is it "the worst place on the Internet?" Far from it.

Couldn't agree more. I should've worded it differently, I was referring to the image of 4chan and reddit, how they're both perceived, regardless of what they're really like. The bigger part of neither 4chan nor reddit are all that "autistic", imo, having spent some time on both.
The thing about it is that the people who come to the site based on the public opinion tend to act more towards what's come to be expected from them. Some kind of voluntary confirmation bias, if you will.

*sigh*

BBS Signature

Response to How does this place make you feel? 2015-10-19 14:27:40

I usually feel pretty good when I'm on the BBS. Would always be nice to see more users around, though. That's why I can't wait for the staff to start rolling out these big plans that they keep hinting at. Attracting more quality artists to the site is really the best way to get people into the forums.

Also, hi! How have you been?

BBS Signature

Response to How does this place make you feel? 2015-10-19 15:01:53

Feels like home I guess. My internet home.

I lurk more than I post now, but I'm still on NG every single day for at least a few minutes. Not sure why I stopped participating as much. Maybe it's just because I've gotten a bit older. Or maybe it's because most of my NG buddies are no longer here. Regardless, NG will always be home.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to How does this place make you feel? 2015-10-19 15:27:22

When I visit here I feel partially nostalgic and partly like a pigeon in a skinner box, repeating the same actions because once when they did those actions a bird seed randomly appeared

Response to How does this place make you feel? 2015-10-19 15:39:25

This place makes me feel a bit more alive.

It's almost like another world where the IRL values are mostly void and irrelevant. Kinda like an MMORPG of some sort, except maybe it acts like an add-on to the piss-laden shit-encrusted piece of fuck of a game known as "Real Life". And unlike the original, the add-on is rather nice to say the least IMO.

If Friendship is truly Magic, then I'm little more than a muggle in this regard...

I like it here. Mainly because it's familiar.

BBS Signature

Response to How does this place make you feel? 2015-10-19 17:52:34

I generally like this place. Sure, it has its ups and down, but it feels homely.

If I had to rate this place then its:

On a bad day: The same ratings as Justin Bieber's music

On a good day: The same ratings as Gone with the Wind

Response to How does this place make you feel? 2015-10-19 18:30:19

bad

"Ore Wa Chin Chin Ga Daisuki Nandayo" - Chin Chin

BBS Signature