00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Heln966 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Funny Game Dialog Writer Needed

693 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Funny Game Dialog Writer Needed 2015-10-10 18:38:06

Hi Newgrounds writers,

I'm looking for a writer ( paid ) to help me bring some humour and life to a Mobile RPG / jewel matching game.
I'm looking for someone funny, good with witty banter / dialog, cheeky that can also work with me on crafting a hilarious world.

There is a detailed overview of the writing needed story is here.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tBiDgHCOxZDR4PNQkzGmBi7cXhlYShkMi6BQq-bqwpg/edit?usp=sharing

And a video of the first few levels here so a sense of the style can be established
https://youtu.be/8eR_p0576Lc

WRITING REQUIREMENTS

1) Initial story line plots to get the right feeling.
2) Overall Plot / theme story ( 1 page ) to set the scene that Ties together the overall experience tying the journey together as recollection of a very big night and loads of promises made.
Ends with a big dragon boss Funny, uses pop culture, other mobile game parodies along with parties and fun with the genre. There are numerous sub - bosses that will need to be woven into the overall plot.

3) The game has 40 Weapons to be named
4) 20 Tavern Dialog trees with multiple threads, win, lose, buy an item, or get a tip
5) 125 x level exchanges where hero will have a one or 2 line exchange with an enemy
6) 20 x Win / Fail Text variants
7) 20 x Funny Tavern Names
8) 30 x Token of Wisdom - funny bits of useless trivial
9) 20 x Leprechaun humour ( 1 sentence )
could have a few long jokes that persist over levels and he says a line at a time

WRITER REQUIREMENTS
1) Funny with experience/knowledge in short punchy copy (dialog driven)
2) Game experience
3) Is familiar with the terms and gameplay mechanics in the requirements, and has played many of them
4) I have a few starters I can share to get the ball rolling, though I am ideally looking for someone to blow me away with creativity and laughter

OTHER COLLABORATORS
You might recognise some of the character style from the Legendary Bomtoons
and the gentle voice Talents of the master himself RicePirate

Funny Game Dialog Writer Needed

Response to Funny Game Dialog Writer Needed 2015-10-10 19:13:08

I dunno man, that artwork looks pretty sketchy...

Response to Funny Game Dialog Writer Needed 2015-10-20 04:13:28

Hey, I'd be interested in talking more about this project if you have yet to find a writer. Do you have an IM of choice where we could discuss tone to see if we'd be on the same page with this?

Response to Funny Game Dialog Writer Needed 2015-10-27 00:38:32

At 10/10/15 06:38 PM, mfennell wrote: Hi Newgrounds writers,

I'm looking for a writer ( paid ) to help me bring some humour and life to a Mobile RPG / jewel matching game.
I'm looking for someone funny, good with witty banter / dialog, cheeky that can also work with me on crafting a hilarious world.

There is a detailed overview of the writing needed story is here.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tBiDgHCOxZDR4PNQkzGmBi7cXhlYShkMi6BQq-bqwpg/edit?usp=sharing

And a video of the first few levels here so a sense of the style can be established
https://youtu.be/8eR_p0576Lc

Watched the vid, looks good m8! First feelings are it's a quest type game, like the little fella has to make it to say an end castle for some reason, that is the feel I get from it so the story should really be challenge based, like this-A challenge is set each year by say a king bloke to all that are brave enough and if someone wins they can marry his daughter or be knighted or whatever-The challenge is to get to his castle, encountering trials/challenges as you do and nobody has ever completed the challenge, but the challenge isn't deadly so it's a celebrated, happy challenge-THEN sub-plot it as you go, like as you get further into the game the the character finds out that the king and his daughter have actually been taken hostage in their castle by an evil wizard, another king, aliens, Sarah Jessica Parker, whatever and that explains why the trails/challenges are now deadly and the evil whatever is up-to something, like experiments, whatever fits your monsters looks, for example they looked like zombies so say the evil guy is a wizard that worked for the king, was m8's but the king found out the wizard was mad and trying to make his own zombie army and experimenting on his own townfolk, so the king sent the evil wizard to the dungeon, evil wizard escapes, takes king/princess hostage whilst he continues his zombie army experiments on the local town folk, etc, etc. Give it the olde plot now of little fella has to now save his peeps, done, add he bones the princess at the end and fini, hope that helps, no charge lol...

Banter and names, easy stuff but currently @ work so can't give you examples as gotta go right now, just use Ye and Olde and Inn and Knight etc and you'll think of loads like Inn goes with anything, like Ye Joust Inn, Ye Olde Iron Inn or Olde Fart Inn, many spring to mind, banter wise is also easy stuff if it's kept light, like if zombies then they talk about brains and shizz so jokes like Zombie-Brainnnzzz Fella-You'll have a job finding mine, I can't even remember where I left it... and zombies stink, bits fall off, not very fashionable, say err alot, easy to add jokes and add a cocky/loveable type don't care personality to your character at the same time, like before he sees a zombie thing he says stuff like what's that smell, grandma is that you-ohh no it's just another zombie, great... Break over, g2g.....