00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

privateC2004 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Draws a Story

1,031 Views | 15 Replies

Newgrounds Draws a Story 2015-10-09 22:32:00

And now for something completely different.

Welcome to Newgrounds Draws a Story. The thread is simple: we take turns illustrating a scene as part of a larger story. I'll start us off, the next poster shows what happens next, etc. We have but a few rules in place:

1. Each story post consists of a drawing (MS Paint is OK) and accompanying narration. The drawing is simply uploaded like any other image and the narration is the text content of your post.
2. If you want to make any other comment in your story post that is not part of your narration, simply greytext it like so:
[code]: @Bit was here, also this is not part of the narration[/code]
becomes

@Bit was here, also this is not part of the narration

or if you just want to make a post about the thread itself then don't include an image and I'll know you're not making a story post.
3. Images need to be 720 pixels wide by 480 pixels tall. This is standard DVD resolution. If this confuses you then just download my template and draw over it.
4. Put your username somewhere in the image. The bottom corner is fine.
5. Keep an eye on the thread. If someone posts before you do, it's your responsibility to correct your post. Be creative. Coming up with (and changing) ideas quickly is part of the challenge. Posts are editable for 15 minutes only.
6. Don't be an asshole. Hogging the entire story is not OK. Give other users a chance to contribute.
7. Any Newgrounds user can contribute. Feel free to @ any users whom you want to see contributions from. In fact, @ing at least one user is encouraged.
8. Simple MS Paint sketches are just as welcome as HappyHarry-style illustrations.

After I'm satisfied that we've created a large and highly varied story, I'll announce in this thread that X number of posts are left until the story is done. Then it's the community's job to wrap up the story in whatever way you all see fit. It is my sincere hope that this story will be just as crazy as our users are.

When the story is finally done, I'll collect all of the illustrations and put them into a video to be uploaded to the Portal. It will probably be Newgrounds' largest collab and the only one whose primary contributors are BBS users. The narration will be done by volunteers. If you would like to narrate part of the collab, let me know in this thread.

OK. Thread start.

It was a beautiful day at the Newgrounds Headquarters.

Newgrounds Draws a Story

Response to Newgrounds Draws a Story 2015-10-09 22:43:26

At 10/9/15 10:42 PM, X-Gary-Gigax-X wrote: Our story begins.....with a mystery.

Suicide....or murder?

wow epic great starter nice i like it

As a southern straight white male cyclist, I'm probably the most hated person in America right now

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Draws a Story 2015-10-09 23:37:26

NOOOOOO! Our hero cannot float! Damn those lead underpants!

Newgrounds Draws a Story

Response to Newgrounds Draws a Story 2015-10-09 23:57:59

At 10/9/15 11:48 PM, Cordyceps wrote:
At 10/9/15 11:37 PM, Psycho666 wrote: NOOOOOO! Our hero cannot float! Damn those lead underpants!
you could eat the tension in this room with a fork

Don't worry! ZJ and his trusty helicopter are here to help! Hold up that coin in your pocket and I'll get you to safety!

Newgrounds Draws a Story

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Draws a Story 2015-10-10 00:16:11 (edited 2015-10-10 00:17:19)

Fox News reports: Anonymous stick man, doomed to die, is pulled from the water. Who is to blame for this tragic turn of events?

Newgrounds Draws a Story

Response to Newgrounds Draws a Story 2015-10-10 00:34:53

This reporter has seen enough hentai to know where this is going.

Newgrounds Draws a Story

Response to Newgrounds Draws a Story 2015-10-10 00:36:23

At 10/10/15 12:16 AM, Psycho666 wrote: Fox News reports: Anonymous stick man, doomed to die, is pulled from the water. Who is to blame for this tragic turn of events?

Evil Superman did it! And now he's igniting a nuclear bomb at Newgrounds Headquarters! He has the same amount of powers as normal Superman, except he's immune to Kryptonite and magic! Where's an equally powerful character when you need one?

Newgrounds Draws a Story

Response to Newgrounds Draws a Story 2015-10-10 00:45:16

At 10/10/15 12:40 AM, VirtualSeeker wrote: TheGamechanger did it right, rest doesn't make any sense

Cordyceps did it wrong. Evil Superman should have fought One Punch Man instead! They'll literally fight forever in a draw once that happens.

Response to Newgrounds Draws a Story 2015-10-10 00:54:42

At 10/10/15 12:34 AM, Bit wrote: This reporter has seen enough hentai to know where this is going.

A Giant, Poorly drawn, tentacle monster appears!

Newgrounds Draws a Story

Response to Newgrounds Draws a Story 2015-10-10 01:04:32

Wade thanks Original: The Character for his help in saving the Newgrounds Headquarters but, little does he know, a member of the staff is facing off against a large, poorly-drawn tentacle monster as they speak.

Newgrounds Draws a Story

Response to Newgrounds Draws a Story 2015-10-10 21:24:21

This is an emotional rollercoaster.

1, 2, 3, Coffee 4, 5, 8, too late

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Draws a Story 2015-10-11 00:14:44 (edited 2015-10-11 00:18:34)

Oh no, Luis's tequila wasn't secured!

Newgrounds Draws a Story

Response to Newgrounds Draws a Story 2015-10-14 00:45:23

Thankfully, Luis remembers a bottle that he had hidden in his arsehole for just such an emergency!

Newgrounds Draws a Story

Response to Newgrounds Draws a Story 2015-10-14 01:11:16

Starro enrages!

Newgrounds Draws a Story

Response to Newgrounds Draws a Story 2015-10-14 01:17:43

also, it actually wasn't luis all along but sirtom93 in disguise! and he's got petrol in that bottle!!!!!

Newgrounds Draws a Story