00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Em0-Snail just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

My game is all over the internet

428 Views | 1 Reply
New Topic Respond to this Topic

My game is all over the internet 2015-10-08 13:35:49

So... few weeks ago i posted my game on the newgrounds just to see what usual users think about it and if they found bugs or problems and this week when i tried to type the name of my game on google search i found 4 pages of websites using my game on it without my permission D: .Now its out of control i cannot stop people to put it on their websites.
I though newgrounds were a secure website... but, i guess i was wrong.

Response to My game is all over the internet 2015-10-08 13:59:17

At 10/8/15 01:35 PM, BeowuIf wrote: So... few weeks ago i posted my game on the newgrounds just to see what usual users think about it and if they found bugs or problems and this week when i tried to type the name of my game on google search i found 4 pages of websites using my game on it without my permission D: .Now its out of control i cannot stop people to put it on their websites.
I though newgrounds were a secure website... but, i guess i was wrong.

That's not NG's fault. Certain programs make it easy to download .swf files and possibly other game types as well, no matter what site it's hosted on. It's just an occupational hazard, really - now you can understand why major game companies want to add strange DRM or serial keys to prevent people who do not have rights to play their game.

It's too late for this game, but one thing you can do is use the Newgrounds API (see Game Protection in the API Tools section in the project manager) to sitelock your game so it will only run on sites you specify. You can also include your own form of sitelocking in the code (With actionscript you can get the URL the player is accessing the game from and compare it to URLs you specify, and if there's not a match you can set it so it breaks your game in some way). I don't think either of these are foolproof, though.