00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

YendorNG just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Help me decide on buying a tablet

392 Views | 1 Reply
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Obviously Cintiq is the best, but i'm on a budget!
Hello, so I'm in the market to replace my tablet, as it randomly shuts down sometimes, and honestly it's time to step my game up. I'm currently using a "Bamboo Create" which is a very old model in the Wacom family. I'm always hearing about the Intuos Pro series and how it's a much more professional tablet, and I have the money to shell out for an Intuos Pro Medium. However the last I heard, Wacom replace the Bamboo line with this thing called "Wacom Intuos Pen & Touch" which my college has fuck loads of. I heard it's pretty much the exact same thing as my bamboo create although I haven't had a chance to try one myself.
So I go on Wacom, and they fucking replace that line of product again with this shit called Intous Draw/Art/Photo/Comic and I can't find anywhere about the exact difference of the products compared to the Intuos Pro series. I'm pretty sure they all work the same as my shit Bamboo Create, Wacom is just changing the name around 40 times to confuse everyone. I think the only difference between each product in "Draw/Art/Photo/Comic" is that each of them comes with a different programs to get you started except for Intuos Draw which doesn't come with anything and that's why it's the cheapest?

I'm probably a moron and it's all very simple. Intuos Pro is the ultimate model and everything below it is the same. But the fact that Wacom keeps changing the name and the model of the lower tablets keeps confusing me if it's still the same shitty tablets. I'l probably still check out with the Intuos Pro, I just want some clarification on what the fuck this new line of Intuos series is.

Also is it worth getting the Intuos Special Edition since it's the same size as the Intuos Medium and a little bit more expensive? What's the difference between the two if someone can clue me in.

Response to Help me decide on buying a tablet 2015-10-07 15:47:28

You might want to post this in the art forum. You might get a better response there.

Here is a good article on choosing the right tablet.

My two cents: get the best tool you can afford to get the job done. If you're using it daily and that's what you do, then I would get a Pro model for sure.