00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

XToriToriX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

regarding anime avatars

3,492 Views | 40 Replies

Response to regarding anime avatars 2015-10-05 18:55:07

At 10/5/15 06:45 PM, Cubone wrote: if you're unable to empathize with me and my anime loving brothers i'm afraid it's you with the boring personality after all... are you unable to relate anime with anything in your life that you feel great passion for? i like to compare loving anime to supporting a local sports team, volunteering at a soup kitchen, watching your offspring win the big game through unparalleled persistence, making strides towards a cure for HIV... in that respect i consider myself a scientist, with every new anime season that comes out it's only more material for me and my colleagues to dissect and understand more about the 2d dimension while discovering how vast it truly is

Holy shit you're honestly saying that watching anime is like curing HIV?

I really hope this entire thread is satire.

As far as avatars go though, I tend to appreciate the folks who draw their own. Instead of latching on to a face that already exists, why not create a new one for yourself?

Response to regarding anime avatars 2015-10-05 18:55:08

At 10/5/15 06:45 PM, Cubone wrote:
At 10/4/15 08:06 PM, Seasons wrote: See, this is what I was talking about. I just don't understand how people are this into anime. Is the paper used to print manga laced with opium, or something?
if you're unable to empathize with me and my anime loving brothers i'm afraid it's you with the boring personality after all...

I was just being a dick. All the butt hurt that my comment caused goes right back to the predictability factor, though.

i like to compare loving anime to ... volunteering at a soup kitchen, making strides towards a cure for HIV...

lol

Click here and we'll become good friends.

BBS Signature

Response to regarding anime avatars 2015-10-05 18:57:14

At 10/4/15 08:06 PM, Seasons wrote:
At 10/4/15 07:54 PM, Cubone wrote:
At 10/4/15 07:48 PM, Ezariah wrote: I wish i had an anime avatar but im too lazy.
it's worth investing the time into finding an anime avatar that represents you completely... when you find *the one* you'll know as the core of your body starts to vibrate uncontrollably with intense feelings
See, this is what I was talking about. I just don't understand how people are this into anime. Is the paper used to print manga laced with opium, or something?
in that respect i consider myself a scientist, with every new anime season that comes out it's only more material for me and my colleagues to dissect and understand more about the 2d dimension while discovering how vast it truly is

Honestly It seems kind of hard to wrap around all that information as you get to know more about the storie and characters There's just so much little details that you have to remember that you might miss if you haven't seen like every single episode.Star Trek is of the same caliber of complexity.

Response to regarding anime avatars 2015-10-05 18:59:48

Anime avatars are lame. I'd never use one because I have a life.

Ecchi first, ask questions never.

BBS Signature

Response to regarding anime avatars 2015-10-05 19:02:01

At 10/5/15 06:55 PM, Seasons wrote:
At 10/4/15 08:06 PM, Seasons wrote: See, this is what I was talking about. I just don't understand how people are this into anime. Is the paper used to print manga laced with opium, or something?
if you're unable to empathize with me and my anime loving brothers i'm afraid it's you with the boring personality after all...
I was just being a dick. All the butt hurt that my comment caused goes right back to the predictability factor, though.

i like to compare loving anime to ... volunteering at a soup kitchen, making strides towards a cure for HIV...
lol

But I notably don't care because everyone has different opinions.

Also did Cubone really fucking compare anime to curing HIV? Really? That's just kind of dumb.

Ecchi first, ask questions never.

BBS Signature

Response to regarding anime avatars 2015-10-06 00:02:36

At 10/4/15 07:43 PM, Cubone wrote: what is the newgrounds consensus on anime avatars? when i see a user with an anime avatar my entire being from head to tail gets filled with a multitude of complex emotion...

most users I see in the youtube comments with anime avatars usually turn out to be trolls lol

Hello I'm draw art and art acessories

BBS Signature

Response to regarding anime avatars 2015-10-06 01:05:26

At 10/4/15 07:45 PM, Seasons wrote: I automatically assume anybody with an anime avatar is somebody I wouldn't be capable of being friends. People who are way too into anime are usually really boring and have predictable personalities.

pretty much this exactly. nothing wrong with watching a few shows but if you call yourself an otaku stay the fuck away from me

"Death upon death... Nothing but death in this barren land. Who can we pray to? There are only demons and fiends here."

~The Journal of a Man Who Wandered into Another World

BBS Signature

Response to regarding anime avatars 2015-10-06 15:34:08

At 10/6/15 01:05 AM, TOXlCITY wrote: if you call yourself an otaku stay the fuck away from me

lmao

As a southern straight white male cyclist, I'm probably the most hated person in America right now

BBS Signature

Response to regarding anime avatars 2015-10-07 00:27:49

At 10/6/15 01:40 AM, Vinnyy wrote:
At 10/6/15 01:05 AM, TOXlCITY wrote:
pretty much this exactly. nothing wrong with watching a few shows but if you call yourself an otaku stay the fuck away from me
You must be fun at parties.

you must call yourself an otaku

"Death upon death... Nothing but death in this barren land. Who can we pray to? There are only demons and fiends here."

BBS Signature

Response to regarding anime avatars 2015-10-07 00:44:39 (edited 2015-10-07 00:45:50)

At 10/7/15 12:30 AM, Vinnyy wrote:
At 10/7/15 12:27 AM, TOXlCITY wrote:
At 10/6/15 01:40 AM, Vinnyy wrote:
At 10/6/15 01:05 AM, TOXlCITY wrote:
You must be fun at parties.
you must call yourself an otaku
What if I do? There's nothing wrong with being an otaku.

watching anime and such? nah, nothing wrong with it. but all fanbases in my opinion are cancerous. when you get to that "i want to be japanese goddammit why do i have to live in america/other country" stage, that's when it gets cringe-y. and it shows a need for acceptance amongst others who have the same interests. typically in my experience, most (not all) of those people have been morons.

so, maybe you're the exception, i dunno. but i see it the same way i see people who label themselves as "brony" or "scene" or "emo" or "goth" or whatever other 9 million fanbases/cliques are out there. i've always been against self labeling and for standing out amongst your peers.

BBS Signature

Response to regarding anime avatars 2015-10-07 01:00:54

At 10/7/15 12:58 AM, Homicidee wrote: At the end does it even matter about peoples opinions? Com'on you know you don't care, and damn straight that all you have to do is worry about yourself and not other fanyboys.

but you're still grouping yourself with an overwhelming amount of idiots.

why not do away with it altogether? i understand why you wouldn't, but that's my opinion on the matter.

BBS Signature