00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BrunoVugl just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Love and fear is a spectrum.

782 Views | 21 Replies

Love and fear is a spectrum. 2015-10-04 18:24:43

I think in every moment in life, a person is operating in the emotional spectrum of either love or fear. Their mood is somewhere between

Fear ----------------------- Love

Take a moment and look at yourself. Are you feeling more love or are you feeling more fear? Just take a minute. Look away from the fucking monitor for 30 seconds and truly find out.

Then just think of something you love. A moment or a person or an experience.

A movie or a song or a book or an artist.

A place or a food or a pet or a rock or a seashell you found at the beach or that Christmas present sweater you have on the chair across from your room your mother gave you.

And think of how good some things are. How good the earth is sometimes. How sometimes just being alive offers rewards we are too caught up in our own world to see.

How good a really deep breath feels. How good it feels to walk with a sweet melody in your ear.

How happy you are when you see that message from that person you are in love with. How happy you are that you are able to love someone so much at all. How happy to know that your ability to love will always bring you good things in life.

If you have love you will always have a way out of despair.

Love is "God". And the universe thrives on love. It was created from love.

And Fear is its cancer.

BBS Signature

Response to Love and fear is a spectrum. 2015-10-04 19:01:06

At 10/4/15 06:24 PM, AbsurdRandomness wrote: I think in every moment in life, a person is operating in the emotional spectrum of either love or fear. Their mood is somewhere between

Fear ----------------------- Love

Take a moment and look at yourself. Are you feeling more love or are you feeling more fear? Just take a minute. Look away from the fucking monitor for 30 seconds and truly find out.

Then just think of something you love. A moment or a person or an experience.

A movie or a song or a book or an artist.

A place or a food or a pet or a rock or a seashell you found at the beach or that Christmas present sweater you have on the chair across from your room your mother gave you.

And think of how good some things are. How good the earth is sometimes. How sometimes just being alive offers rewards we are too caught up in our own world to see.

How good a really deep breath feels. How good it feels to walk with a sweet melody in your ear.

How happy you are when you see that message from that person you are in love with. How happy you are that you are able to love someone so much at all. How happy to know that your ability to love will always bring you good things in life.

If you have love you will always have a way out of despair.

Love is "God". And the universe thrives on love. It was created from love.

And Fear is its cancer.

It is synonymous that good feelings create positive health and negative feelings promote things like cancer and depression, but, fear and love is some donnie darko shit, you can play the game and say yeah love is all the world needs we wouldnt be fighting all the time minor disagreements would be just that, minor disagreements, and the population would skyrocket, which makes me think are humans a cancer to this earth... lol maybe maybe not. but the fear side of things people would actually develop problems because fear is a constriction you feel light headed hard to breathe and even sometime just pass out but with love all you feel is good vibes which in turn help your body do things in a normal fashion. The fear love scale is just a interpretation of the events we are perceiving.

At 10/4/15 07:01 PM, Ezariah wrote: The fear love scale is just a interpretation of the events we are perceiving.

You are correct. It is just an interpretation. Positive ----- negative is another one. But it's a bit too vague to really allow for a deep enough exploration of oneself. Negative feelings are usually a product of fear, though. Most pessimism in life is caused by fear.

BBS Signature

Response to Love and fear is a spectrum. 2015-10-04 19:32:58

At 10/4/15 07:22 PM, AbsurdRandomness wrote:
At 10/4/15 07:01 PM, Ezariah wrote: The fear love scale is just a interpretation of the events we are perceiving.
You are correct. It is just an interpretation. Positive ----- negative is another one. But it's a bit too vague to really allow for a deep enough exploration of oneself. Negative feelings are usually a product of fear, though. Most pessimism in life is caused by fear.

Not in all cases but in most cases pessimism is caused by fear. Also love and fear scale would definitely help find ones self but what about love fears like if you were scared to talk to a girl or scared to ask the one you love to marry you. fear can be repressed by happy emotions too.

Response to Love and fear is a spectrum. 2015-10-04 19:58:21

I disagree, and while I care enough to tell you I think you're wrong I don't actually care enough to come up with an alternative to your theory or add to the conversation in any appreciable way. So, there you go.

Happy with what you have to be happy with

you have to be happy with what you have

to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature

Response to Love and fear is a spectrum. 2015-10-04 20:39:51

At 10/4/15 07:32 PM, Ezariah wrote: scared to talk to a girl or scared to ask the one you love to marry you.

I would say that in those two situations the fear is of being hurt.

BBS Signature

Response to Love and fear is a spectrum. 2015-10-04 21:06:58

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Love and fear is a spectrum. 2015-10-05 04:17:04

At 10/4/15 08:07 PM, KhanKhendo wrote: Donny Darko shit. You aren't even remotely original.

I've seen that movie about 8 times and I can't think of a single fucking connection between that and this post...

BBS Signature

Response to Love and fear is a spectrum. 2015-10-05 10:56:02

At 10/5/15 04:17 AM, AbsurdRandomness wrote:
At 10/4/15 08:07 PM, KhanKhendo wrote: Donny Darko shit. You aren't even remotely original.
I've seen that movie about 8 times and I can't think of a single fucking connection between that and this post...

It's a false dichotomy. You're trying to define a four dimensional world with a one dimensional number line.

Worse, you chose the wrong two variables. Love implies fear, because love implies possession and thus lose. There is an implication of ownership in love, and an implication of jealously, both of which are more correctly placed in the "fear" category.

The actual scale is from "Hate---------------Fear" with love somewhere close to fear.

Hate implies contempt, so there's no negative to it, unlike love, which contains the potential for loss.

This is a song about death. It's on mandolin.

Hate is the first step to all solutions.

You will not end bigotry until you learn to hate it.

BBS Signature

Response to Love and fear is a spectrum. 2015-10-05 11:07:06

I thought everyone came to this conclusion.

Response to Love and fear is a spectrum. 2015-10-05 12:16:52

I think you're the fucking antichrist.

This is made so much less funny by the fact that two people have made this reference already.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Response to Love and fear is a spectrum. 2015-10-05 12:22:15

I'm somewhere between happy
and total fucking wreck
feet sometimes on solid ground
and sometimes at the edge

The Newgrounds Revolution isn't a thing, quit being a pussy.

BBS Signature

Response to Love and fear is a spectrum. 2015-10-05 20:36:30

At 10/5/15 10:56 AM, FUNKbrs wrote: Worse, you chose the wrong two variables. Love implies fear, because love implies possession and thus lose.

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

??????????????

BBS Signature

Response to Love and fear is a spectrum. 2015-10-05 22:30:31

At 10/5/15 08:36 PM, AbsurdRandomness wrote:
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

??????????????

I don't understand this response. You should add more question marks until I understand.

BBS Signature

Response to Love and fear is a spectrum. 2015-10-05 22:54:50

At 10/5/15 10:30 PM, FUNKbrs wrote:
At 10/5/15 08:36 PM, AbsurdRandomness wrote:

??????????????
I don't understand this response. You should add more question marks until I understand.

If you love something then that's something and then if you fear losing that thing that's fear but it's not because of love it's because of insecurity which is still fear.

BBS Signature

Response to Love and fear is a spectrum. 2015-10-05 23:09:04

At 10/5/15 10:54 PM, AbsurdRandomness wrote:
If you love something then that's something and then if you fear losing that thing that's fear but it's not because of love it's because of insecurity which is still fear.

So love is fear? The opposite of love is Hate. So then the spectrum would go from Hate (good) to Fear (aka Love, which is bad)

BBS Signature

Response to Love and fear is a spectrum. 2015-10-06 23:15:54

At 10/5/15 11:09 PM, FUNKbrs wrote:
At 10/5/15 10:54 PM, AbsurdRandomness wrote:
So love is fear? The opposite of love is Hate. So then the spectrum would go from Hate (good) to Fear (aka Love, which is bad)

No, love isn't fear. Hate is caused by fear I believe. However, I realize I can't defend my saccharine bullshit as universal truth, because it's not, it's just pretty rhetoric with the purpose of making the reader think about the more positive aspects of their lives. I'm trying my best to eliminate the cynicism which clogs and clouds my brain and thought I'd share, but I knew before posting here that it's not easy to make a positive post about life without being festered with negativity. Not you personally but I mean in general. Still love you NG, I'll keep bombarding you guys with my sugary bullshit until we're all floating on blissfully ignorant clouds of euphoria forever <3

BBS Signature

Response to Love and fear is a spectrum. 2015-10-07 01:13:55

At 10/6/15 11:15 PM, AbsurdRandomness wrote:

No, love isn't fear. Hate is caused by fear I believe. However, I realize I can't defend my saccharine bullshit as universal truth, because it's not, it's just pretty rhetoric with the purpose of making the reader think about the more positive aspects of their lives. I'm trying my best to eliminate the cynicism which clogs and clouds my brain and thought I'd share, but I knew before posting here that it's not easy to make a positive post about life without being festered with negativity. Not you personally but I mean in general. Still love you NG, I'll keep bombarding you guys with my sugary bullshit until we're all floating on blissfully ignorant clouds of euphoria forever <3

The Cynics were one of the ealiest schools of philosophers. Without cynicism there would be no western philosophy as we know it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cynicism_%28philosophy%29

Science teaches negativity attracts positivity. The pessimist lives a life of pleasant surprises.

BBS Signature

Response to Love and fear is a spectrum. 2015-10-07 02:38:31

At 10/7/15 01:13 AM, FUNKbrs wrote:
At 10/6/15 11:15 PM, AbsurdRandomness wrote:

The Cynics were one of the ealiest schools of philosophers. Without cynicism there would be no western philosophy as we know it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cynicism_%28philosophy%29

Science teaches negativity attracts positivity. The pessimist lives a life of pleasant surprises.

"Emphasis on the negative aspects of cynic philosophy led to the modern understanding of cynicism to mean a disposition of disbelief in the sincerity or goodness of human motives and actions." Interesting.

"The goal of life is eudaimonia and mental clarity or lucidity (ἁτυφια) - freedom from smoke (τύφος) which signified ignorance, mindlessness, folly, and conceit." - This is my goal too. To be freed from that cloudiness. I felt the cloudiness was a result of negativity caused by a cynical attitude. Perhaps cynical was the wrong word. Perhaps I meant "defeated". I've suffered from depression and the feeling wasn't sadness but rather nothingness. A low energy. And all the energy I got I used to shit on people and provoke them and I was too damn busy hating the world because of my low energy that I forgot what caused it in the first place was a snowball effect of disappointment and shame.

But returning to the root, I realized that disappointment is just a part of life, not the end of it. And shame is just incredibly useless because it plagues you with too much guilt and low self-esteem to actually give the world what you have to offer. And what do I have to offer? Well, at this point it's up for grabs, but I'd like to offer the world things that make it easier for people to be grateful for life. I want to offer the world a chance at finding meaning, one person at a time. And hopefully not be deluding myself into a cloudier hole than when I began.

BBS Signature

Response to Love and fear is a spectrum. 2015-10-07 02:45:02

Neither. I feel anger. Wrath is my motivator.

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to Love and fear is a spectrum. 2015-10-07 05:43:24

At 10/7/15 02:45 AM, satanbrain wrote: Neither. I feel anger. Wrath is my motivator.

Is anger not the response to a perceived threat?

BBS Signature

Response to Love and fear is a spectrum. 2015-10-07 06:29:44

At 10/4/15 06:34 PM, X-Gary-Gigax-X wrote: I feel like you should write in a journal, or paint when you feel this creative and inspired. Though I will contribute one thing,

At 10/4/15 06:24 PM, AbsurdRandomness wrote: Love is "God". And the universe thrives on love. It was created from love.
If you replace "love" with "respect" on your spectrum, I think you have hit upon a universal truth. The Hebrew word for "fear" was the same word for "respect".

If fear is synonymous with respect, why replace love with respect on the spectrum?

Many mistranslations of The Book of Psalms say that, roughly, fear of God is the beginning of wisdom.

If wisdom begins with the feeling of being threatened by your creator, I don't very much like this creator anyways.

Extrapolate what you will from that

Fearing God is a counterproductive, borderline idiotic philosophy. Unless you want to lead a nation and need something to scare civilians into behaving, the notion that God should be feared makes me very uncomfortable. Who wants their creator to be a merciless wrathful jealous being that would smite you for not praying enough? God should be seen as creation, or love, or the totality of energy, or the building blocks of matter, or the Source, the original Cause, that which came to be that created everything else.

The word God bothers me. It's overused so every idiot defines God with their prejudices (Kim Davis). God is a character in a book. The Source is where I believe the ultimate consciousness lies.

BBS Signature