00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What Grinds Your Gears?

1,786 Views | 37 Replies

Response to What Grinds Your Gears? 2015-10-01 00:44:14

A lack of oil.

I found a leak in the 'pumpkin' that covers up the rear axle on my truck O_O took weeks to fix, thanks to a lack of tools and a scheduling fuck up with the mechanic, who charged me the estimate price, which means he ate about 1-2 hours of 'on the lift' time :\

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to What Grinds Your Gears? 2015-10-01 00:49:30

At 9/30/15 09:54 PM, Th-e wrote: What grinds my gears? Whenever I turn on Cartoon Network, it is ALWAYS Teen Titans Go. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.
12:00 PM: Waffles Waffles Waffles...erm, I mean Teen Titans Go!

Man, I hated that episode. What grinds my gears? "Battle of the sexes" episodes. I haven't griped about those, yet. They used to be in a lot of shows I watched, and the outcomes were always the same: either the women won, or it was a tie. This even shows up in more recent shows, Teen Titans GO! being the most recent I saw, and it was so bad I stopped watching after the first five minutes or so (to sum, Raven and Starfire rock every challenge and render the others' abilities basically meaningless). At any rate, if anyone knows any such episodes where the guys actually won, let me know. I'd be glad to hear it.

I scream! You scream! We all scream for ice cream!

Response to What Grinds Your Gears? 2015-10-01 00:49:49

At 9/30/15 10:03 PM, Homicidee wrote:
At 9/30/15 09:54 PM, Th-e wrote: In some cases, this has literally been the only show on!
God, that show is horrible.

how so

gaydemocrat: i just found a seed in my dope

gaydemocrat: this is a fucking outrage

BBS Signature

Response to What Grinds Your Gears? 2015-10-01 01:10:30 (edited 2015-10-01 01:11:38)

At 10/1/15 12:49 AM, beheadedbymuslims wrote: how so

It spits in the face of the original Teen Titans. Each of the Titans have been reduced to one-dimensional characters. Starfire is a sickly-sweet hypocrite, Beast Boy is a lazy dumbass, Cyborg takes nothing seriously (and gets out of his robotic body way too many times, Robin is a hormone-driven loser who's constantly mocked for having no powers (even though that's half of what made him so badass) and who will do anything to get with Starfire, Raven is a violent bitch who gets away with anything she does, and Silkie (yes, the moth larva) is the team pet that gets into all sorts of "wacky" adventures and eats anything. The villains don't fair much better, either, especially Trigon, who's first appearance (in the second episode of the cartoon, mind you) spends most of his on-screen time as some odd sitcom father character with his own laugh track (it's as annoying as it sounds). Oh, and one last thing: in the original cartoon, Raven's demonic heritage was a shocking, emotional moment for the characters and audience. Here? It's mentioned so much that it's lost all meaning.

Did that answer your question?

Response to What Grinds Your Gears? 2015-10-01 01:19:02

At 10/1/15 01:10 AM, icecreammac wrote:
At 10/1/15 12:49 AM, beheadedbymuslims wrote: how so
Did that answer your question?

oh yes indeed. it is still my favorite show on television.

gaydemocrat: i just found a seed in my dope

gaydemocrat: this is a fucking outrage

BBS Signature

Response to What Grinds Your Gears? 2015-10-01 01:21:48

At 10/1/15 01:19 AM, beheadedbymuslims wrote:
At 10/1/15 01:10 AM, icecreammac wrote: Did that answer your question?
oh yes indeed. it is still my favorite show on television.

That's cool. Whatever your tastes, I just wanted to let you know why it's not well-regarded. I liked it, too, at first, but that ended not too long ago.

Response to What Grinds Your Gears? 2015-10-01 01:31:48

Global Warming deniers.
Climate Change deniers.
Anthropogenic Climate Change deniers.
People who are ignorant of Global Warming.
People who are ignorant of Climate Change.
People who are ignorant of Anthropogenic Climate Change.
Every single GOP presidential candidate. Holy fuck, have you Googled any of these morons to see the shit they believe?
People who make noise while they eat.

Just an 02er.

Response to What Grinds Your Gears? 2015-10-01 01:36:31

At 9/30/15 09:48 PM, BrenTheMan wrote:
At 9/30/15 09:34 PM, Nebula wrote: What gets me is when people tell me to not eat at all. You idiots, i'll gain weight back when i DO eat.
Yeah it's just so stupid, the majority is just so ignorant. Once I quit dieting, I stopped gaining weight.

What's wrong with "Eat less, exercise more!"? It's good solution. It's the only way to maintain a healthy body. People often need to be reminded of these sorts of things when it's obvious that they haven't been watching their caloric intakes.

Just an 02er.