00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Could use some feedback?

639 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Could use some feedback? 2015-09-14 11:54:17

Hey Everyone, i could use some feedback on some artwork i just posted.

Response to Could use some feedback? 2015-09-14 13:03:53

At 9/14/15 11:54 AM, Psyche-Out wrote: Hey Everyone, i could use some feedback on some artwork i just posted.

Here's a few things I picked up on:

1. People in this forum are lazy. If you want feedback post a picture not a link, you'll get a lot more.

2. You appear to have cropped out some of the image. what is that in her hand?

3. It's very blurry, Try using either a scanner, a better camera or even taking the picture from further away would have been better.

4. Is the character meant to have the proportions of a transgender, shot put champion? She looks too muscular in the upper body.

5. Lined paper? Why? Don't draw on lined paper. If you do and like the drawing, trace it onto plain paper before uploading.

6. The left (viewer's left) breast is visibly larger then the right.

I would suggest to you that you need to spend more time on your work, studying the proportions and shape of the human body (use reference images like the one below to help if you must) and also avoiding silly mistakes like bad cropping or drawing on lined paper. Then you'll start to see an improvement.

Could use some feedback?

- P R O F E S S I O N A L - G R A P H I C - D E S I G N E R -

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Could use some feedback? 2015-09-14 23:07:41

Thanks for the feedback, it's quite an old drawing so it's not my best work

Response to Could use some feedback? 2015-09-15 11:37:12

At 9/14/15 11:07 PM, Psyche-Out wrote: Thanks for the feedback,

No worries.

it's quite an old drawing so it's not my best work

Another piece of advice I would give you then is to only upload your best work to the portal. Not saying that you should delete older pieces once you feel you've improved but if you're not sure about one try uploading it as an image here first and seeing what feedback you get. You could also upload WIPs (work in progress) for feedback.

Basically keep drawing and keep posting and you'll see improvement.

- P R O F E S S I O N A L - G R A P H I C - D E S I G N E R -

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Could use some feedback? 2015-09-15 12:20:19

is she wearing a bra? because that can mean the difference between the shape of her breasts.

Breasts naturally sag downwards and to the sides because of the weight of them (because they're full of fat) and because of the shape of their waists. How old the person is usually denotes how far their breasts sag but western women less so because bras negate the effect.

breasts in a bra, depending on the type, are pushed more closer together, this is especially prevalent in padded bras where theres more emphasis on cleavage and shape because of their structure. You see, there really is no such thing as round breasts, that's just a myth, a load of lies fed to you by the deceit of padded bras, breasts are actually more oval shapes, you know, cause they're skin attached to their chest with a deposit of fat at the bottom, you know?

Also, why am I looking up her skirt when I'm looking at her head on? If you wanna show off her panties it's gotta be subtle and it's gotta be at an angle. If you wanna make lewds then don't try to beat around the bush, get right in there and do it, but if you just wanna show a little bit of pantsu then don't show her entire crotch, show a little intsy bit of it, thats how you get em right.

Her shoulders are manly as fuck, look up some female anatomy and go hard at it. and study haircuts if you wanna be realistic, it's up to you, haircuts are optional but anatomy is mandatory.

Here's some lewds (FOR REFERENCE AND STUDY, NO FAPPAN)

and some shit i think I got off of an 8ch drawthread but it could've been deviantart I dunno.

Could use some feedback?

Response to Could use some feedback? 2015-09-15 16:00:50

Thanks for the feedback, it's an old drawing and i know the preportions are quite off and as for the breasts... I see quite a lot of people draw round breasts in Manga/Anime on DeviantART so i just went with what i know.